UK Defense Minister blames trump's rotten deal with the Taliban for Afghanistan crisis

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
So, the repub party is pouncing on the Biden administration. Let's see a bi-partisan investigation and find out what went wrong. Pompeo was the first SoS to sit down with the Taliban. Then they gave up everything to get a victory before the November 2020 election....hoping it would have trump's ass. It didn't...

SSDD....

EverythingBad.gif

The only thing Trump did wrong here is to not have the balls to do this himself.

Just another remnant of the trump regime. The stench will be around for a while.
LOL, nice try.

Did Biden stick to President Trump’s agreement of being out by May 1? No, he broke it. So he owns it.

So, the repub party is pouncing on the Biden administration. Let's see a bi-partisan investigation and find out what went wrong. Pompeo was the first SoS to sit down with the Taliban. Then they gave up everything to get a victory before the November 2020 election....hoping it would have trump's ass. It didn't...
Well stealing elections has consequences. You see it’s Biden’s Administration and his call, even if he stole the election. If you don’t like it then Dems shouldn’t had stolen the election and let President Trump do the withdrawal he planned, then you could criticize him all you want.

You wanted this shit show, it’s yours.

His deadline was may 1st. That was 5 months after biden took over.

Which is pretty cowardly. If you want something done do it yourself. He said not long after elected he was going to bring the troops home.

Some of what Trump did is questionable. He did however give generals free reign on how to operate there and he did maintain a force that ensured stability.

At some point the soldiers were going to have to leave, though I think the U.S was basically just trying to maintain them there for logistical and intelligence purposes.
I never considered this broader agenda to be honest (as I've said, I'm not the brightest).

It is possible that U.S politicians weren't savvy in their approach to the issue and instead they tip toed around it for 20 years, knowing that China and others were not happy with their presence there. Their opinion didn't matter in 2001 as China was so weak, thanks to the West, China is now very strong and their opinion suddenly matters.

As I suggested, after considering the options, maybe an East/West setup comparable to East/West Berlin would have made more sense. It certainly would have been a defensible position considering how drastically different citizens lives are under the Taliban.

I would like to see a thorough investigation into all this.

No matter what the US would have done, this would have happened. Maybe not as dramatically but the taliban would have retaken Afghanistan.

If the Afghanistan people weren't going to defend themselves, it's not the job of the US to do it.

If the Afghan people don't want the taliban then they should rise up and throw them out. The US spent trillions of dollars and decades to train and arm the Afghan military. If these people are going to just lay those arms down and let the taliban just walk into Afghanistan, there isn't much the US can do.

Just another remnant of the trump regime. The stench will be around for a while.
jim if trump was still president you could blame him.....this decision was made by biden and co....this is on biden....

Some of what Trump did is questionable. He did however give generals free reign on how to operate there and he did maintain a force that ensured stability.

At some point the soldiers were going to have to leave, though I think the U.S was basically just trying to maintain them there for logistical and intelligence purposes.
I never considered this broader agenda to be honest (as I've said, I'm not the brightest).

It is possible that U.S politicians weren't savvy in their approach to the issue and instead they tip toed around it for 20 years, knowing that China and others were not happy with their presence there. Their opinion didn't matter in 2001 as China was so weak, thanks to the West, China is now very strong and their opinion suddenly matters.

As I suggested, after considering the options, maybe an East/West setup comparable to East/West Berlin would have made more sense. It certainly would have been a defensible position considering how drastically different citizens lives are under the Taliban.
I think we were there so long because it was always going to be a political loser to pull out.

Forum List

Back