Uh Oh...Nate Silver: Calls on Arizona 'Should Be Retracted Now'

Sun Devil 92

Diamond Member
Apr 2, 2015

After a new batch of votes were counted in Arizona’s Maricopa County on Wednesday, which brought Joe Biden’s lead over President Trump down, FiveThirtyEight’s Nate Silver commented that no calls should have been made about the race and those that were ought to be retracted.
“I don’t know, I guess I’d say that Biden will win Arizona if you forced me to pick, but I sure as heck don’t think the state should have been called by anyone, and I think the calls that were previously made should be retracted now.”

Fox News can shove that in their ass and smoke it.

Oh the fun we are having.

i agree that no calls should be made - ever - until all votes have been counted

1604665758268.jpeg

Didn't Fox News call Arizona on Tuesday night? :)
I have to admit, that made me smile.

It's not really that surprising. The head of the Fox News Decision Desk is Arnon Mishkin, who is a bigtime Hillary-loving Democrat. There are lots of Democrats at Fox News, it just so happens that Fox News gets most of its ratings and viewership from the opinion shows (Tucker, Hannity, Ingram), which is what they are primarily known for, and those shows have no connection whatsoever with the Decision Desk, the polling (which is outsourced to a third-party pollster), or any of the other news divisions of the network. If you were to watch Fox during the afternoon, you'd see there are lots of Democrats as anchors and guests, and lots of pro-Democrat talking points and discussion. Things change significantly once 8 pm rolls around.

Uh-Oh

Nate Silver has been saying networks called AZ too early for some time now.
They did call it too early.

It may be closer, but Trumps window of opportunity is closing.
He is still behind by 1.5 percent.

Looks like they should call Georgia for Biden shortly

Maricopa County which includes Phoenix has an area larger than 4 states. Fox News is the only media that I've noticed that called Arizona for Biden. It seems they do not know how diverse this county is politically. We also have a history of mail-in-voting and nothing has changed this election from past elections in how things are handled. A system that hasn't impeded Republicans success.

1604669140272.png

Maricopa County which includes Phoenix has an area larger than 4 states. Fox News is the only media that I've noticed that called Arizona for Biden. It seems they do not know how diverse this county is politically. We also have a history of mail-in-voting and nothing has changed this election from past elections in how things are handled. A system that hasn't impeded Republicans success.

Maricopa repeatedly re-elected Sheriff Joe Arpaio

All we need to know about their makeup

Ah yes...besmirching those who don't do what you want.

And if AZ stays in the Biden column...this is all sturm and drang

Our Sheriff Joe was rather apolitical during his first 16 years on the job and had widespread community support. He was a sheriff even PETA could love for his crusade against animal abusers. Then Obama came on the scene and the Justice Department's hounding him on his immigration enforcement changed everything.

Uh-Oh

Nate Silver has been saying networks called AZ too early for some time now.
They did call it too early.

It may be closer, but Trumps window of opportunity is closing.
He is still behind by 1.5 percent.

Looks like they should call Georgia for Biden shortly

Lead is down to 0.9% and the ballots left are going to break for Trump.

Somebody really fucked this up.

Uh-Oh

And AZ isn't going to matter anyways.

It might matter to people in Arizona.

What about "Count all the votes" or is that just bullshit you motherfuckers spout when you are losing ?

Forum List

Back