UFOs: I want to go on record right now.

Maybe I should use another thread, but this one seemed generic enough for this;

20 Chilling Facts You Never Knew About The Horrifying Alien Abduction Of Travis Walton​

Here is my problem with your story. It starts off like this

On November 5th, 1975, a group of loggers were driving home from a long day's

It should say allegedly driving home…..but it doesn’t. So whoever wrote this is pushing this as fact. And people don’t realize this tactic. It’s 7 guys who made up this story. But I guess if you all swallow what 11 guys said 2000 years ago why wouldn’t you swallow this story from these 7?

While accounts of UFO or UAP sightings seem to go back to the dawn of human records, the more recent interest and frenzy seems to have started just over 75 years ago with Kenneth Arnold's June 1947 encounter near Mt. Rainer in Washington State.

How a Routine Flight Became a Historic Encounter​

Seventy-five years ago, on a clear June day in 1947, private pilot Kenneth Arnold took to the skies and inadvertently flew into the annals of extraterrestrial lore. His encounter with an unexplained aerial phenomenon near Mt. Rainier sparked a cultural revolution, one that would add the term "flying saucer" to the global vernacular and ignite mankind's enduring fascination with the unknown.

While many have heard of Arnold's historical sighting, the incident, like the objects Arnold saw that day, has many layers yet to be uncovered. From the untold intricacies of Arnold's original descriptions and the unexpected media frenzy, to the less-known theories and the enduring legacy of this seminal UFO encounter, we invite you on a journey to rediscover the Kenneth Arnold UFO incident. Prepare to see this pivotal moment in history in a whole new light.
AA1dPoKQ.img

I forgot about this thread until someone recently liked my OP.

It seems that the UFO craze is only getting more prevalent as logic and reason is disappearing in our society.

I will say this though, they way things are going in this country right now, if I get abducted by aliens, I'll consider it a rescue mission.

Despite the recent sightings, and despite the fact that Congress will gather to discuss UFOs, I will state right now that we are NOT being visited by alien spacecraft or alien beings. Are there UFOs? Have people reported seeing UFOs? Yes.

A UFO, remember, is any flying craft that you cannot identify. So yeah, there are UFOs. They haven't been identified but that does not mean they are from some alien civilization. An airplane flying overhead would be an unidentified flying object to some isolated tribe of humans who have never had contact with the outside world. Eventually we will identify what people report seeing now, unless of course they are lying.

We know that the laws of physics exist throughout the universe. Examinations of the furthest galaxies can be examined and have shown to be following the same laws of physics. thus, we can reasonably assume that, just as here, nothing can exceed the speed of light. If you are going to come at me with "worm holes", know that they guy who came up with the theory, Stephen Hawking, changed his mind on them before his death.

The distances are too great, and the number of possible sentient beings is too small.

It hasn't happened we haven't been visited, and it likely never will.
Have you ever heard of wormholes?

Have you ever heard of wormholes?

Yes I have. Stephen Hawking was the first to theorize them but I don't believe he ever suggested we could actually travel in them. Also, before his death he pretty much recanted his own theory.

The gravitational pull needed to create a worm hole would destroy anyone and anything attempting to enter it.

Yes I have. Stephen Hawking was the first to theorize them but I don't believe he ever suggested we could actually travel in them. Also, before his death he pretty much recanted his own theory.

The gravitational pull needed to create a worm hole would destroy anyone and anything attempting to enter it.
I was alive in the days when it was said there was no way to go faster than the speed of sound.

If we find some way to avoid a major nuclear war and a major catastrophe such as an asteroid collision, imagine how advanced we will be just 1000 years from now.

Much we think is impossible today will be child’s play then.

It is quite possible we will find out we have alien visitors from another solar system soon. Perhaps the Congressional hearings coming up this week will reveal much we haven’t been allowed to know.

I was alive in the days when it was said there was no way to go faster than the speed of sound.

If we find some way to avoid a major nuclear war and a major catastrophe such as an asteroid collision, imagine how advanced we will be just 1000 years from now.

Much we think is impossible today will be child’s play then.

It is quite possible we will find out we have alien visitors from another solar system soon. Perhaps the Congressional hearings coming up this week will reveal much we haven’t been allowed to know.

We know that the Laws of Physics apply throughout the universe.

We know that nothing larger than a nanoparticle can travel faster than light.

We have exactly zero evidence that aliens have visited this planet.

I maintain that "for the record" we have never been visited by sentient beings in the past and we never will be. So far, I am correct. I am 100% positive that we can come back to this thread in a year, two years, or 10 years and this will still be true.

We know that the Laws of Physics apply throughout the universe.

We know that nothing larger than a nanoparticle can travel faster than light.

We have exactly zero evidence that aliens have visited this planet.

I maintain that "for the record" we have never been visited by sentient beings in the past and we never will be. So far, I am correct. I am 100% positive that we can come back to this thread in a year, two years, or 10 years and this will still be true.
You may well be right but I would not be surprised if testimony in Congress this week points to the existence of alien spacecrafts that have crashed and we have the wreckage in our possession.

It is also possible that the UFOs or UAPs many have witnessed come from the future or the past as time travel might be possible.

Or the objects might be made by another advanced civilization for our ancient past that still exists underground or in the oceans.

You believe we know much about the universe. I believe we are just beginning to have an elementary understanding of the universe. In the last week scientists now say the Big Bang occurred not 13.8 billion years ago but instead 27.6 billion years age.

You may well be right but I would not be surprised if testimony in Congress this week points to the existence of alien spacecrafts that have crashed and we have the wreckage in our possession.

Lol, Congress. I guarantee you that no matter what is said, there will be zero proof.

It is also possible that the UFOs or UAPs many have witnessed come from the future or the past as time travel might be possible.

Something else that breaks the Laws of Physics and won't happen.

Or the objects might be made by another advanced civilization for our ancient past that still exists underground or in the oceans.

Extremely unlikely but possible I guess.

You believe we know much about the universe. I believe we are just beginning to have an elementary understanding of the universe. In the last week scientists now say the Big Bang occurred not 13.8 billion years ago but instead 27.6 billion years age.

Changing the estimate of the age of the universe does not defy the laws of physics.

Lol, Congress. I guarantee you that no matter what is said, there will be zero proof.

Something else that breaks the Laws of Physics and won't happen.

Extremely unlikely but possible I guess.

Changing the estimate of the age of the universe does not defy the laws of physics.
The point still remains that we don‘t yet understand all the laws of physics. We have a LONG ways to go. For example explain dark matter and dark energy or the physics of a multidimensional universe.

The point still remains that we don‘t yet understand all the laws of physics. We have a LONG ways to go. For example explain dark matter and dark energy or the physics of a multidimensional universe.

Are you suggesting that they use dark matter to travel?

We understand enough to know that you cannot travel faster than light, and even if you could, it would still take many milennia to travel here from any possible other planets.

Just because we don't know everything about physics, doesn't negate what we do know.

Show me some dark matter.

Show me some dark matter.
When we understand dark matter and dark energy we may be able to travel effectively faster than the speed of light or create worm holes and travel through them.

But we have a long way to go before we even begin to understand the physics of how our universe works.

Last edited:
Are you suggesting that they use dark matter to travel?

We understand enough to know that you cannot travel faster than light, and even if you could, it would still take many milennia to travel here from any possible other planets.

Just because we don't know everything about physics, doesn't negate what we do know.
Do you know for a fact that travel faster than light is impossible?

Do you know for a fact that travel faster than light is impossible?

In an earlier post I pointed out that nothing bigger than a nanoparticle can travel faster than light.

If you understand the physics of nanoparticles even a little bit, you would realize that there's a HUGE difference between them and us.

And the NASA Warp Drive article is just a theory, it's not anywhere near a fact.

Interesting articles though, thanks.

In an earlier post I pointed out that nothing bigger than a nanoparticle can travel faster than light.

If you understand the physics of nanoparticles even a little bit, you would realize that there's a HUGE difference between them and us.

And the NASA Warp Drive article is just a theory, it's not anywhere near a fact.

Interesting articles though, thanks.
Just be aware that what you think you know for sure today may be proven wrong tomorrow.

For example there was a congressional committee hearing on UFOs and UAPs today. The witnesses said that what they saw broke our known laws of physics.

Despite the recent sightings, and despite the fact that Congress will gather to discuss UFOs, I will state right now that we are NOT being visited by alien spacecraft or alien beings. Are there UFOs? Have people reported seeing UFOs? Yes.

A UFO, remember, is any flying craft that you cannot identify. So yeah, there are UFOs. They haven't been identified but that does not mean they are from some alien civilization. An airplane flying overhead would be an unidentified flying object to some isolated tribe of humans who have never had contact with the outside world. Eventually we will identify what people report seeing now, unless of course they are lying.

We know that the laws of physics exist throughout the universe. Examinations of the furthest galaxies can be examined and have shown to be following the same laws of physics. thus, we can reasonably assume that, just as here, nothing can exceed the speed of light. If you are going to come at me with "worm holes", know that they guy who came up with the theory, Stephen Hawking, changed his mind on them before his death.

The distances are too great, and the number of possible sentient beings is too small.

It hasn't happened we haven't been visited, and it likely never will.
Hawking changed his mind? That’s scientific? I don’t think so. Warping of space does happen. That doesn’t take going faster than the speed of light. Civilizations that have survived millions of years certainly have this capability.
There is nothing in religions that suggest the Earth is God’s only world with his children in it. Not even the Bible says this. LDS scripture says we aren’t the only world with Father’s children. So, these aliens are humanoid and here checking out where we are in the closing days before the 2nd Coming of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Very interesting as kid I was a huge Star Trek fan and i talked about possibility of aliens with my dad and other adults i noticed that aliens are a less popular theme in movies now then when i was a kid

Hawking changed his mind? That’s scientific? I don’t think so. Warping of space does happen.

He changed his mind on worm holes, not on "Warped space", which came from Star Trek and not science. Gravity bends time and space, but no one calls it warping, and there's no Warp Drive except on TV and in movies.

That doesn’t take going faster than the speed of light. Civilizations that have survived millions of years certainly have this capability.

Um what? What civilizations?

There is nothing in religions that suggest the Earth is God’s only world with his children in it. Not even the Bible says this. LDS scripture says we aren’t the only world with Father’s children. So, these aliens are humanoid and here checking out where we are in the closing days before the 2nd Coming of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Who's talking about religion?

Very interesting as kid I was a huge Star Trek fan and i talked about possibility of aliens with my dad and other adults i noticed that aliens are a less popular theme in movies now then when i was a kid

I'm almost 68 years old. I'm an avid reader of science fiction and I have loved science my whole life. The sciences were my best subjects throughout my entire education. I work in the healthcare industry that is surrounded in science. My point is that at 68 I have heard the whole scenario playing out in congress on Aliens several times in my life. If I had a dollar for every "Expert", former "Top Secret Government Official", "Distinguished Airforce Pilot", or "Ex-CIA Whistleblower" claimed to have evidence of the government hiding Alien Technolgy, Alien Bodies, or saw unidentified spacecraft doing impossible things, I'd have almost enough money to survive in the Biden Economy.

Forum List

Back