U.S. Wrestling

sponsorship of these matches is U.S.A Wrestling. I am posting because we seem to end up discussing the subject no matter the original subject of the thread. :) The second match is a good one. USA Wrestling - The Ultimate News Source for Real Wrestling! (teamusa.org)

USA Wrestling is the governing body of many off-season tournaments. If you want to see some great wrestling, there is NCAA Div.1 wrestling on most Friday's on one of the sports channels (varies from state to state). I'll let you know when the nationals are set to begin, and post some highlight videos.

sponsorship of these matches is U.S.A Wrestling. I am posting because we seem to end up discussing the subject no matter the original subject of the thread. :) The second match is a good one. USA Wrestling - The Ultimate News Source for Real Wrestling! (teamusa.org)

USA Wrestling is the governing body of many off-season tournaments. If you want to see some great wrestling, there is NCAA Div.1 wrestling on most Friday's on one of the sports channels (varies from state to state). I'll let you know when the nationals are set to begin, and post some highlight videos.

NCAAs start this Thursday morning on ESPNU. It'll go on to the finals on Saturday night which will be on ESPN. But during those three days you will see some of the baddest asses on this planet, guaranteed.

To let all know this is the type of grappling I did. And posted about. I envy those who could participate in organized sports. I was never able to.

Or its about as close as I can get judging by the videos I have been watching. It saved my rear end in some bad situations that I posted about in the past. That along with some dirty redneck fighting :)

Thank you. I love real wrestling and it starts this Thursday. Parris looked great against Hall but Steveson will trash him in NCAAs.

The NCAA nationals are the real deal. The level of competition is higher than most people watching can appreciate.

Thank you. I love real wrestling and it starts this Thursday. Parris looked great against Hall but Steveson will trash him in NCAAs.

The NCAA nationals are the real deal. The level of competition is higher than most people watching can appreciate.

I use to watch it on Wide World of Sports it was A large event in Iowa NCAA . It mostly came down to Oklahoma St. and Nebraska and Iowa. That is if my memory is correct. I am fan of any of all the combat sports.

To let all know this is the type of grappling I did. And posted about. .....

YOU did nothing like this in gym class.

That one time I did against the fellow on the wrestling team. It was a friendly match the coach allowed it. Kind of a long story but it started out with him saying try and throw me. So I did. I looked like a Poindexter back then so it was Sort of a surprise to him. He eventually pinned me but it was tougher then he thought. And like I posted it impressed the coaches. I can't remember if I posted this before but I learned some from my dad and the rest self taught through study and free for all battle royals with my cousins in the back yard.

Last edited:
College wrestling !! Omg
So difficult to even get a take down because it’s the top 1 percent

College wrestling !! Omg
So difficult to even get a take down because it’s the top 1 percent

The best wrestlers have a very solid defense. It's one reason why many people find high-level wrestling a bit boring. There is so much going on that they can't really appreciate.

My first exposure to amateur wresting was with a legend...DAN GABLE (and my step-father was a high school wrestling referee in Pennsylvania and I believe he had ref'd Kurt Angle matches.

College wrestling is just a massive leap from HS
The guys are so skilled and tough - it’s so hard to get a take down

Dan Gable ?? Even I know of his legendary skills

I think middle school wrestling I would have enjoyed . The skill level is low and it seems safe and you can get out much aggression

College sports is such a super high level of excellence

College tennis is so tough
I know many boys I lost to in the juniors and most of them never even made division 1

Dan Gable ?? Even I know of his legendary skills

I think middle school wrestling I would have enjoyed . The skill level is low and it seems safe and you can get out much aggression

College sports is such a super high level of excellence
I remember in college every fall a new group of freshman would turn up for the wrestling team and some of these kids were used to being the unbeatable stud in high school. The looks on their faces when they got completely wrecked for the first month or so was priceless. Those who could take the hit to their pride, worked hard enough, and had the skills and physical/mental attributes would stick around Long enough to start getting the idea. Then the next year they would be the ones ragdolling the new crop of freshman. Step up from high school to college is a very big one.

A video of some real nasty throws in wrestling. I didn't know they could do the power bomb throw
in amateur wrestling.

A video of some real nasty throws in wrestling. I didn't know they could do the power bomb throw
in amateur wrestling.

Depends on if it's folkstyle, freestyle, or greco. The rules about such things tend to change over time, but you can be sure an experienced wrestler knows how to do a lot of things that would be illegal in a match and potentially fatal on the street.

Forum List

Back