U.S. Plans to Hit EU With Steel, Aluminum Tariffs

dcbl

Good guys wear white hats
Aug 23, 2011
Bham, AL
you can only win at the negotiating table if you are willing to follow through with your threats

damn, I love this President!

e5091996.gif

WALL STREET JOURNAL

The move, which has been threatened for months, is almost certain to draw a response from the EU
By William Mauldin, Bojan Pancevski and Vivian Salama
May 30, 2018 4:59 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON—The Trump administration, unable to win concessions from European Union counterparts ahead of a Friday deadline, is planning to make good on a threat to apply tariffs on European steel and aluminum, according to people familiar with the matter.

The administration is expected to make an announcement as early as Thursday.

what Dickbreath Don says and does are two diffrent things.

yawnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

projected headlines from CNN in 2 or 3 weeks:

BREAKING NEWS:
EU pushes to replace Iran deal.

UNRELATED NEWS:
Trump walks back potential steel and aluminum tariffs.

projected headlines from CNN in 2 or 3 weeks:

BREAKING NEWS:
EU pushes to replace Iran deal.

UNRELATED NEWS:
Trump walks back potential steel and aluminum tariffs.

That's 100% correct.

That's his two aces showing...He's got two more face down on the table.
America out of NATO and New American bases in Poland and the
Baltic States.

I hope this drives up steel and aluminum prices. I use that everyday for my business I am getting off the ground....the higher the price of those the better for me.

Does anyone believe Europe can produce steel and aluminum cheaper than America?

you can only win at the negotiating table if you are willing to follow through with your threats

damn, I love this President!

e5091996.gif

WALL STREET JOURNAL

The move, which has been threatened for months, is almost certain to draw a response from the EU
By William Mauldin, Bojan Pancevski and Vivian Salama
May 30, 2018 4:59 p.m. ET

WASHINGTON—The Trump administration, unable to win concessions from European Union counterparts ahead of a Friday deadline, is planning to make good on a threat to apply tariffs on European steel and aluminum, according to people familiar with the matter.

The administration is expected to make an announcement as early as Thursday.

Whoo hoo! Trade wars!

With our allies for some stupid reason.......

I hope this drives up steel and aluminum prices. I use that everyday for my business I am getting off the ground....the higher the price of those the better for me.
Lol, junking is not really a startup.

Oh I do more than Junking. I haul anything and everything. I got paid more in the last week hauling stuff for a new resident to my county than hauling junk off....much cleaner job as well this past week! Now he wants to hire me to do some more work for him. Hell he pays well. Come winter I will use my chainsaw and cut the downed trees on my property up and sell firewood....keeps me and my family in a little extra money so.

Whoo hoo! Trade wars!

With our allies for some stupid reason....
Reducing our trade deficit and forcing our lies to contribute commensurate money for their defense

It's really sad that so many leftists in America think those things are stupid

casty.gif

I was just twitting you a bit brah. Good on you.
Oh I do more than Junking. I haul anything and everything. I got paid more in the last week hauling stuff for a new resident to my county than hauling junk off....much cleaner job as well this past week! Now he wants to hire me to do some more work for him. Hell he pays well. Come winter I will use my chainsaw and cut the downed trees on my property up and sell firewood....keeps me and my family in a little extra money so.

Whoo hoo! Trade wars!

Reducing our trade deficit and forcing our lies to contribute commensurate money for their defense

casty.gif

Ronald Reagan supported free trade and he was not a leftist. Leftists support tariffs.

Whoo hoo! Trade wars!

casty.gif
"Allies".
America first

It's more than some abstract cincept

It's a core belief system for me

and for the 1xt time in many decades, it is a belief system that my President shares

I couldn't be more pleased

Whoo hoo! Trade wars!

casty.gif

Ronald Reagan supported free trade and he was not a leftist. Leftists support tariffs.
Supporting the use of whatever tools are at your disposal =/= supporting tariffs as a long term policy

Trump is using this as a negotiating tactic.

Forum List

Back