U.S. Marshals told not to arrest protesters outside justices’ homes, documents reveal

Putting a stop to ongoing law breaking is never a subjective matter when you exist in reality.

Oh but you do... the law for protesting still stands... you must have a permit... its not enforced on liberals but it is still the law....
So give us your address so we can express our opinion in front of your house....
You don’t need a permit to protest as long as you aren’t impeding pedestrians.

Look it up, fascist.

Already have and it’s been posted here half dozen times minimum and they have All readi it.
Denial of reality is very very dangerous to offer and to try to force others to abide by
I’m not denying the law exists.

You’re denying the law is fascist.

Her point about having to prove intent to influence was neither an opinion nor a feeling.
No proof ur intent required
You can’t be at their home expressing your discontent nor what you want them to do.
Selective law enforcement is like selective moderation-Wrong

Whether the current protests violate the law is one thing; whether the protesters should be arrested is another. Prosecutors have wide discretion over what crimes that choose to prosecute. To win a conviction, they would have to prove an intent to influence.

Very true, and it appears the Xiden Admin has made it their policy to not prosecute demafascist brownshirts that threaten judges and their families if they don't like them.
With Marshals on the scene no one was threatening anyone and the protests were just not that big or raucous.

Look it up, fascist.
That's not correct...each state, city, county, can have rules. It depends were you are protesting. You might not be "impeding" pedestrians in a park, but still need a permit.

With Marshals on the scene no one was threatening anyone and the protests were just not that big or raucous.
Jesus, I mean they only threatened to murder Justices. The Marshalls posed no threat to the Brown Shirts because the demafascist in the Xiden admin ordered them not to arrest anyone

Nothing there against harassing them.
If your harassment does not influence them, or stop them from their job, then it doesn't violate the statute.
You don't understand intent. That was their intention it's rather obvious and illegal.

Whether the current protests violate the law is one thing; whether the protesters should be arrested is another. Prosecutors have wide discretion over what crimes that choose to prosecute. To win a conviction, they would have to prove an intent to influence.

“I think we are in a gray area, because it’s not clear what the protesters’ purpose is,” El-Haj says. “Is it really because they think they are going to pressure Brett Kavanaugh to change his mind? Or is it more general outrage at the courts?”

Protesters outside Kavanaugh’s home have waved placards with messages such as “Don’t like me at your house? Get out of my uterus.” At Alito’s home in Alexandria, Va., about 100 people marched and chanted “Abort the Court!” But rumors that Alito was forced to vacate to an undisclosed location for his safety were unsubstantiated.

As of this writing, local authorities have shown restraint. In Montgomery County, Md., where Kavanaugh and Chief Justice John Roberts live, police are telling protesters that, if they want to avoid arrest, they need to keep moving and avoid major disruptions.

As long as the protests remain peaceful and reasonably small, “it’s not in anyone’s interest to have people put in handcuffs and dragged away,” says Susan Gluck Mezey, a constitutional law expert at Loyola University Chicago.

This isn't about prosecutors. It's about the administration ordering the US Marshals not to enforce an existing law. That's what happens in banana republics.

Right. You also can’t speak ill of the king too.

Tyrants.
Nobody says you can't speak ill of Judges...the problem with the demafascist brownshirts is that we currently have laws about death threats, and moreover laws about trying to influence a judge's decision when there is a pending case, like the brownshirts did here, and who the Xiden admin gave a green light to do.

Look it up, fascist.
Blocking a sidewalk and a street?... gee what do you call that?... I call it impeding pedestrians and vehicles...
The left has had a free hand in illegal protests lately and its time that stops...
When we block the front of your home will we be impeding?...

The law is equally applied for any such activity in front of their home
Quit your crying
Blocking a sidewalk and a street?... gee what do you call that?... I call it impeding pedestrians and vehicles...
The left has had a free hand in illegal protests lately and its time that stops...
When we block the front of your home will we be impeding?...
They’re not blocking anything. They’re just standing there. Plenty of space to go around.

Can you remind if you supported the Canadian trucker protest?

This isn't about prosecutors. It's about the administration ordering the US Marshals not to enforce an existing law. That's what happens in banana republics.
Yeah, but you guys are like zero out of um, everything, as far as proving your allegations.....so good luck with this one.

Jesus, I mean they only threatened to murder Justices. The Marshalls posed no threat to the Brown Shirts because the demafascist in the Xiden admin ordered them not to arrest anyone
You're conflating different instances. That dude called the cops on himself. Ya'll just want to pretend every thing the Dems do is like the Jan 6th riot at the Capitol.

Forum List

Back