U.S. intel helped Ukraine protect air defenses, shoot down Moscow plane carrying hundreds of troops. which is one reason Moscow has not been able

Litwin

Platinum Member
Sep 3, 2017
GDL&Sweden

U.S. intel helped Ukraine protect air defenses, shoot down Moscow plane carrying hundreds of troops. which is one reason Moscow has not been able to establish air dominance. In some cases, Ukraine moved the targeted air defense systems or planes just in time, the officials said.​

great to see our Liberal Order work together against oriental barbarism , China´s empire , you are the next on the line !!

While I support Ukraine's fight, I do not believe we should be involved in it other than supplying them. Giving them intel is a bit too much involvement for my tastes.
An illegal invasion requires interference by the US. Otherwise Putin will not stop. He would see NATO as a "paper tiger" instead of something to be feared.
All of NATO should be pouring weapons and intel into Ukraine. Putin must be defeated.

While I support Ukraine's fight, I do not believe we should be involved in it other than supplying them. Giving them intel is a bit too much involvement for my tastes.

Canada and the West are at war with Russia whether they want it or not: military experts

“The principal challenge is our own failure to recognize we are involved in a great-scale conflict with Russia.”

An illegal invasion requires interference by the US. Otherwise Putin will not stop. He would see NATO as a "paper tiger" instead of something to be feared.
All of NATO should be pouring weapons and intel into Ukraine. Putin must be defeated.
yes !

I want to avoid a direct war with Russia at all costs. I just feel leery about sharing intel. Weapons yes. We've a history of doing that.

I want to avoid a direct war with Russia at all costs. I just feel leery about sharing intel. Weapons yes. We've a history of doing that.
We are not firing at Russia. Putin's war on Ukraine is illegal and cannot succeed.
WTF is the difference giving weapons or intel? If Ukraine uses nukes I'd give Ukraine nukes too.
Ukraine gave up its nukes with the Budapest Memorandum guaranteeing their security.
If Putin is dumb enough to start a war with NATO he's dumber than a rock.

It is a shame that people from either side has to lose life. Russia should have kept its nasty ass home and intervention with help of all kinds should have been provided sooner. Even now people bitching about their comforts while Russia slaughters Ukraine's citizen and they should be ashamed of themselves but in their ignorance and pride they aren't and people of Ukraine suffer for it.

Why?

I am sorry, but that's just stupid.

My daughter is a Captain in the US Army with the 101st Airborne and would be one of the first to go. What is your brother's position in the military?

He isn't, but I am worried about a draft. I'd go voluntarily, I'm that way. But I don't want my little brother getting drafted or volunteering. I don't want my friends to go or get hurt. I don't want any American to have to fight.

Ukraine can win this war if we give them the right tools. We don't need our own flesh and blood to get involved. Even if the war wouldn't last long, and the Russians are incompetent, that's still too many American dead.

He isn't, but I am worried about a draft. I'd go voluntarily, I'm that way. But I don't want my little brother getting drafted or volunteering. I don't want my friends to go or get hurt. I don't want any American to have to fight.

Ukraine can win this war if we give them the right tools. We don't need our own flesh and blood to get involved. Even if the war wouldn't last long, and the Russians are incompetent, that's still too many American dead.
The draft? So you are doubling down on stupid? We have not had a draft in almost 50 years and the Russians are dying at a rate, they would never attempt to attack NATO, If they did, the war would last a matter of days until the Russians were wiped off the map.

The draft? So you are doubling down on stupid? We have not had a draft in almost 50 years and the Russians are dying at a rate, they would never attempt to attack NATO, If they did, the war would last a matter of days until the Russians were wiped off the map.

That draft 50 years ago took place when we were fighting a nation that we should have been able to wipe out within weeks.

It is NOT an illegal invasion.
The Ukraine committed over half a dozen criminal acts of war, like stealing oil, murdering ethnic Russians, trying to join NATO, violating 1992 treaties, etc.

It is a shame that people from either side has to lose life. Russia should have kept its nasty ass home and intervention with help of all kinds should have been provided sooner. Even now people bitching about their comforts while Russia slaughters Ukraine's citizen and they should be ashamed of themselves but in their ignorance and pride they aren't and people of Ukraine suffer for it.

The Ukrainians are totally at fault.
They knew the Azov Battalion had been massacring ethnic Russians since 2014, and did nothing to stop it.
The Ukrainians all know the 1992 treaties specifically forbid trying to join NATO.

The Ukraine can NOT win this war.
The ethnic Russians are about half the population, and they will never give up, so neither will Russia.
The Ukraine went to far, murdered too many people, and are too racist.
The ethnic Russians will never trust them again.
So they will destroy the government in Kyiv.
It is just a matter of time.

Forum List

Back