U.S. hikes duty on Canadian softwood lumber to 17.9% — twice the old rate

When China was dumping their Steel in to the USA, dirt cheap, didn't the USA finally do something about it?
Apparently not enough as they continued to manipulate the markets until Trump's tariffs. To a cacophony of liberal objections through the msm. BTW, soft wood does not indicate that it is cheap or substandard as in the case of the Chinese steel. Another post script, democrats in CA purchased a lot of the cheap Chinese steel to build the bay bridge in SF/Oakland--steel that failed in the first year or two, I might add. More democrat stupidity.

So you believe Canada should be able to dump their cheap lumber due to these Canadian lumber companies being subsidized by the Canadian government... in to the USA and that is ok and fair to USA Lumber Companies? Really?
how come you don’t have a problem when china dumps its cheap goods, that are built with slave labor, but you have a problem with canada?

where are the calls about a “trade war” etc?

Last edited:
how come you don’t have a problem when china dumps its cheap goods, that are built with slave labor, but you have a problem with canada?

where are the calls about a “trade war” etc?
Who ever said I didn't have a problem with China doing it? When they were dumping their steel in the USA dirt cheap, I was hollering bloody murder!

My problem with Canada, is their lumber business is subsidized by the Canadian government, allowing these lumber businesses to under price us, here in Maine, a mile away. I love Canada and Canadians, they are as equals up here....wouldn't know a Canadian from a Mainer unless they told me they were Canadian! Lumber Jacks are a dime a dozen in my neck of the woods, it's a way of life for many! That, and snow plowing! :D

We claim Paul Bunyan is ours!!! (of course, so do other states). But no doubt in our minds, he's a Mainer! :)

1638015494153.png

Last edited:
Who ever said I didn't have a problem with China doing it? When they were dumping their steel in the USA dirt cheap, I was hollering bloody murder!

My problem with Canada, is their lumber business is subsidized by the Canadian government, allowing these lumber businesses to under price us, here in Maine, a mile away. I love Canada and Canadians, they are as equals up here....wouldn't know a Canadian from a Mainer unless they told me they were Canadian! Lumber Jacks are a dime a dozen in my neck of the woods, it's a way of life for many! That, and snow plowing! :D

We claim Paul Bunyan is ours!!! (of course, so do other states). But no doubt in our minds, he's a Mainer! :)

View attachment 568932
so you supported trumps china policies. I just wish more dems would either be honest and admit they were right, or explain why Xiden following the same policies isn’t wrong.

so you supported trumps china policies. I just wish more dems would either be honest and admit they were right, or explain why Xiden following the same policies isn’t wrong.
Nope! Not a well thought out plan! It was haphazard, with no rhyme or reason! He near killed our Lobster industry's exports! We LOST a lot, under his tariffs!

Forum List

Back