U.S. Grant: American Hero.

Was U.S. Grant an American Hero?

• Total voters

JLW

Diamond Member
Sep 16, 2012
April 27, 2022 will mark 200 years since the birth of Ulysses S. Grant. Born Hiram Ulysses Grant on April 27, 1822 in Point Pleasant, Ohio, he went on command the Union Army over the insurrectionist slave powers. He then served as 18th President of the United States. Because of a mistake on his West Point application, he became known as Ulyssses S. Grant or the perfect, U.S. Grant , the preserver of the Union. He was a gifted general who Lincoln appointed Lieutenant General and commander of all union forces in March 1864, a rank only previously held by George Washington. US Grant went on to win the presidency in 1869 and served two terms. Grant was a reformer who backed the 15th amendment, formed the Justice Department, and was committed to reconstruction. Though his administration had its scandals, historians have recently viewed his administration much more favorably.

We live in a country greatly shaped by Lincoln and his brilliant general.

Lincoln sought to preserve the Union, and Grant saw that it was preserved.

“When they get in trouble, they send for the sons of bitches. Admiral Ernest J. King—Chief of Naval Operations, 1942

April 27, 2022 will mark 200 years since the birth of Ulysses S. Grant. Born Hiram Ulysses Grant on April 27, 1822 in Point Pleasant, Ohio, he went on command the Union Army over the insurrectionist slave powers. He then served as 18th President of the United States. Because of a mistake on his West Point application, he became known as Ulyssses S. Grant or, the perfect U.S. Grant , the preserver of the Union. He was a gifted general who Lincoln appointed Lieutenant General and commander of all union forces in March 1864, a rank only previously held by George Washington. US Grant went on to win the presidency in 1869 and served two terms. Grant was a reformer who backed the 15th amendment, formed the Justice Department, and was committed to reconstruction. Though his administration had its scandals, historians have recently viewed his administration much more favorably.

We live in a country greatly shaped by Lincoln and his brilliant general.

Lincoln sought to preserve the Union, and Grant saw that it was preserved.

so then why did your friends pull his statue down then?...

If the country had heeded Grant's lead as president this country would not be nearly as divided today as it is.

(The elementary school I went to was named after him)

so then why did your friends pull his statue down then?...
My friends did not set siege to the Capital Building on 1/6 nor did my friends desecrate the Capitol Building by prancing around with the Confederate Flag or by spreading their feces in the Capitol halls. That was your friends or rather fiends.

My friends did not set siege to the Capital Building on 1/6 nor did my friends desecrate the Capitol Building by prancing around with the Confederate Flag or by spreading their feces in the Capitol halls. That was your friends or rather fiends.
how come you didnt answer my question?.....

By today's standards Sherman, Sheridan, John Pope, and both Grant as their commander and Lincoln as POTUS would be considered war criminals for waging war on civilians.

Sherman of "I can make this march and make Georgia howl".

Sheridan of "a crow flying over the valley (Shenandoah)would need to carry its own rations"

John Pope's war of extermination of American Indians during the same period.

Grant....As head of the army approved the operations. He even planned the Shenandoah Valley "Great burning".

Lincoln gave his blessing as CIC.

There was an excellent 4 part documentary series about Grant on Netflix a while back.
Seems like the historical focus has always been about his adversary Gen. Lee.
But the Gen. Grant series enlightened me as to what a unique individual he was, and I'm now a fan.

By today's standards Sherman, Sheridan, John Pope, and both Grant as their commander and Lincoln as POTUS would be considered war criminals for waging war on civilians.

Sherman of "I can make this march and make Georgia howl".

Sheridan of "a crow flying over the valley (Shenandoah)would need to carry its own rations"

John Pope's war of extermination of American Indians during the same period.

Grant....As head of the army approved the operations. He even planned the Shenandoah Valley "Great burning".

Lincoln gave his blessing as CIC.
4 of these 5 were heroes. Pope was not. Sheridan was great during the CW but he was still an asshole.

Never on the job or when his wife was around. He knew what needed to be done with Lee`s trashy army and he did it. Lincoln supposedly said "give the other generals whatever Grant is drinking. This man fights".
Oh, o.k. As long as he was only a drunkard sometimes.

Some people are assholes all of the time.
So I see now that I encounter you.
Just telling you. Grant crushed the slave owning scumbag, Lee. Neither he or "find me 11,000 votes" are coming back. Sorry for your losses.
No fan of the Confederacy but the North had insurmountable advantages that no one could overcome.
And thanks for the news that Lee and the Confederacy aren't coming back. What a keen eyed observer
you must be. Don't worry about America's losses under the Joe and Hunter show.
That show is being cancelled soon.

As far as Trump goes that remains to be seen. Maybe you've also noticed that Joe and the democrats have run into some roadblocks.
Joe Biden is about as popular as a VD epidemic. So is Kamala, for that matter.

The left shot their wad getting stumbling mumbling Joe into office the first time and there is no
covid emergency to bail them out this time.

I wonder what the geniuses that installed Joe Biden will come up with now.

So I see now that I encounter you.

No fan of the Confederacy but the North had insurmountable advantages that no one could overcome.
And thanks for the news that Lee and the Confederacy aren't coming back. What a keen eyed observer
you must be. Don't worry about America's losses under the Joe and Hunter show.
That show is being cancelled soon.

As far as Trump goes that remains to be seen. Maybe you've also noticed that Joe and the democrats have run into some roadblocks.
Joe Biden is about as popular as a VD epidemic. So is Kamala, for that matter.

The left shot their wad getting stumbling mumbling Joe into office the first time and there is no
covid emergency to bail them out this time.

I wonder what the geniuses that installed Joe Biden will come up with now.
I care nothing about Biden. He was a necessity to remove Trump/Putin from the Whitehouse and Putin`s plan to remove The U.S. from NATO was ko`d. At times like this it`s good to have adults in charge and Romney would`ve worked as well. With 40% of delusional idiots believing an election was stolen I don`t expect to see Biden`s approval rating going up. We poll crazy people.

I care nothing about Biden. He was a necessity to remove Trump/Putin from the Whitehouse and Putin`s plan to remove The U.S. from NATO was ko`d. At times like this it`s good to have adults in charge and Romney would`ve worked as well. With 40% of delusional idiots believing an election was stolen I don`t expect to see Biden`s approval rating going up. We poll crazy people.
Yes. It's the "crazy people" polled that are the problem. :rolleyes:

Not the historically horrific job Biden is doing. Sounds like you have things all figured out.

Forum List

Back