U.S. Consulate in Nova Scotia emailed alerts warning of active shooter

So.....you have a nut....a nut banned from buying, owning or carrying a gun......who has a gun because he got it illegally.

He is going around shooting people....people who don't have their own guns so they are easy to shoot and kill.

The police, the ones the anti-gun extremists tell us should be the only ones to have access to guns........don't tell the people there is a nut with an illegal gun running and driving around murdering people...so they don't even know to lock their own doors or to hide....

So...gun control in Canada worked exactly as designed.....good people did not have guns ......the police had guns....... the killer had gun/guns......... it worked like a charm.

Check out this video of this guy Clinton Ellison from the 6 min mark, on about his anger about the lack of police response. This guy laid in the woods for hours while he was hunted by the gunman still no police showed up:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova...ass-shooting-brother-clinton-hiding-1.5541082

Sadly, in terms of the impact it had, some of this is true. It was a rural town, which in America is exactly the kind of place where citizens own guns. I recall the guy responsible for the Texas church attack was shot by a resident who was armed after a short chase. Another gunman in some other church was shot by someone carrying a gun in the church.

The worst part about this for Canadians, and there was one guy who lost his disabled brother to this animal and had to hide in the forest will the madman was looking for him with a flashlight and express it angrily, is that the police didn't alert citizens. On top of that, it tooks hours to respond. As this guy said, "I was out there looking for my brother and I didn't have a gun or kevlar. Why weren't the police out there?" That is the danger of relying on others to protect your life.

Bill Blair, who is the public safety minister currently and was a former cop and chief of Toronto police has stated he is going to push the gun safety measurements through. I wonder if he believes that since people won't have guns, we don't need police to have any?

I'm not a gun guy. Don't own one, don't know much about them. I do feel that broad, blanket laws that hurt liberty and law abiding citizens while doing little to harm the actual criminals, are ill conceived.

Last edited:
So.....you have a nut....a nut banned from buying, owning or carrying a gun......who has a gun because he got it illegally.

He is going around shooting people....people who don't have their own guns so they are easy to shoot and kill.

The police, the ones the anti-gun extremists tell us should be the only ones to have access to guns........don't tell the people there is a nut with an illegal gun running and driving around murdering people...so they don't even know to lock their own doors or to hide....

So...gun control in Canada worked exactly as designed.....good people did not have guns ......the police had guns....... the killer had gun/guns......... it worked like a charm.

Check out this video of this guy Clinton Ellison from the 6 min mark, on about his anger about the lack of police response. This guy laid in the woods for hours while he was hunted by the gunman still no police showed up:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova...ass-shooting-brother-clinton-hiding-1.5541082

Sadly, in terms of the impact it had, some of this is true. It was a rural town, which in America is exactly the kind of place where citizens own guns. I recall the guy responsible for the Texas church attack was shot by a resident who was armed after a short chase. Another gunman in some other church was shot by someone carrying a gun in the church.

The worst part about this for Canadians, and there was one guy who lost his disabled brother to this animal and had to hide in the forest will the madman was looking for him with a flashlight and express it angrily, is that the police didn't alert citizens. On top of that, it tooks hours to respond. As this guy said, "I was out there looking for my brother and I didn't have a gun or kevlar. Why weren't the police out there?" That is the danger of relying on others to protect your life.

Bill Blair, who is the public safety minister currently and was a former cop and chief of Toronto police has stated he is going to push the gun safety measurements through. I wonder if he believes that since people won't have guns, we don't need police to have any?

I'm not a gun guy. Don't own one, don't know much about them. I do feel that broad, blanket laws that hurt liberty and law abiding citizens while doing little to harm the actual criminals, are ill conceived.

When you willingly allow the government to take your guns.......you are stuck....

As I recall, owning a firearm for personal defense is a none starter in Canada, how's all that government mandated safety working out for you up there? Don't expect return of your gun rights anytime soon, Canadians doubling down on that pajama baby speaks for itself, the important thing is you are safe because that pajama baby and friends are making it so....
Looks like they need tougher gun laws

They already have all the gun laws you want. Laws don't stop bad people from doing bad things.

Intelligent people know this.

When you willingly allow the government to take your guns.......you are stuck....

Yup.

I love how they had to wait for an approved message before they could alert people.

Talk about bureaucratic bullshit. In Canada the cops aren't just hours away, their fucking government can't even warn you if their is a problem for hours.

Just the sort of bureaucratic nightmare that asshats like right winger want for this country

Yup.

I love how they had to wait for an approved message before they could alert people.

Talk about bureaucratic bullshit. In Canada the cops aren't just hours away, their fucking government can't even warn you if their is a problem for hours.

Just the sort of bureaucratic nightmare that asshats like right winger want for this country

Even the RCMP look sheepish in their press conferences. They know that now, unlike in the past; there will be little sympathy from citizens. They lost one of their own too, it's not easy. They probably have the highest number of casualties of any police force in Canada unfortunately due to the nature of the threats they generally deal with.

However, in this case, they didn't warn anyone, the guy had an RCMP replica vehicle and genuine uniform (which he could only get apparently from the RCMP in one way or another), and there is an investigation into the entire situation.

Canadians as a whole are downright angry about the broad abuses of police agencies in Canada, especially in Ontario (it's a big reason Trudeau won even though he was not very popular himself, he has been trying to reform the RCMP in particular, though, we need help beyond just them in Ontario for instance), and when they fail, which is inevitable as they are human; they are all going to pay the price for this broad resentment.

Yup.

And this points out, again....death and destruction work for the left wing....

This guy murders people with a gun because they are disarmed and the police don't can't catch him and they just don't alert the people......and this allows them to call for more gun control...

That is how the left wing wins a debate...

Their gun control laws work fantastically well. They have far, far, far less mass shootings than we do.

And their gun homicide rate is one-sixth of the United States.

And at roughly what comparison to our population?

37.59 mill 2019 compared to our 328.2mil in 2019? Do the math

Last edited:
I'm waiting, deflect and twist fact some more? Hey, that's what libs do

Why is their rate 1/6 the homicide rate of ours, with 1/9 the population if their gun control is so great?

Looks like shit to me, smells like shit, bet it's shit.

How many U.S citizens in Nova Scotia did the U.S consulate save? Who knows, but they were on the ball while Canadas Federal police force, were not. One lady who is a dual citizens said on CBC said she received an email from the U.S consulate while the RCMP didn't alert Canadians via the Emergency Alert system, while hours passed by and this guy shot countess people and burned some in their homes.

Compare Canadian police to those in Texas who fought a man who had kevlar on. The differences in their response is like night and day. If he had conducted these cowardly crimes in Toronto, he might STILL be on the loose.

HALIFAX — As an active shooter was on the loose in Nova Scotia Sunday morning, the U.S. Consulate in Halifax sent emailed alerts to its citizens warning of the danger at a time when the RCMP was using Twitter to communicate the news.

Questions have been raised as to why no emergency alerts were transmitted to Nova Scotians' cellphones and television screens as a rampage was underway that would leave 23 dead, including the gunman.

When Premier Stephen McNeil was asked Wednesday why the province didn't issue an emergency alert based on the Mounties' Twitter feed, he said emergency officials couldn't act until the RCMP had prepared an approved message.

"That's the protocol in place when it comes to the (Emergency Management Office)," the premier told a news conference.

"The lead agency is the one that has to put the message together. We would not go from what's happening on Twitter .... No message was received, even though EMO had reached out a number of times throughout the morning to the RCMP."

At a news conference Wednesday, RCMP Chief Supt. Chris Leather said police received a 911 call of a firearms incident in Portapique, N.S., at 10:26 p.m. Saturday. They soon determined there had been a homicide but did not realize the suspect had left the area they were searching until 8:02 the next morning, he said.

He said the EMO contacted the RCMP at 10:15 a.m. to ask about sending an emergency message, and police were crafting a message when the suspect was killed almost two hours later.

Is this an unusual happening with shooters in Canada? You had one the other day and apart from that and this one I had not heard of mass shootings before. Is this do you think something related to the lockdown ie. Cabin Fever and going on the rampage?

We have gun violence also. Maybe not as much as America but more than other nations. We also seem to have more than our fair share of general terror attacks, we had one attack by a radical white guy who attacked a mosque, we had two terror attacks within months in Toronto including a truck running over people on Yonge Street (our most populated street), and a terrorist gunman on the Danforth. We've also had attacks on our parliament when our former PM was within the building and was at risk.

You can even go back years ago to the male attack on women in Montreal where an angry male, isolated and murdered female engineering students and that was back in 1989, before Columbine. A horrific story which breaks ones heart.

Ultimately, Canadian police aren't going to stop all of them. Nobody can, and I don't blame police for failing all of these, it's impossible to prevent them all. Where I give absolutely no quarter is when police agencies waste resource chasing rabbits and protecting their own bad apples and abuses, especially via covert means.

For instance, for every low performing lying operative that interferes with someones career or general life pursuits, that is one less low performing lying operative to focus on gunmen like these. We may not have the more courageous or honest police operatives, but those few we do, should be focusing on legitimate threats, instead of protecting their agencies.

As someone who has reached out to most U.S governors (and all along the border), mayors of big cities, business leaders and half of the E.U allies we have to provide them fact over fiction, names and details at my own choosing, I can say, their efforts to pursue CYA has woefully backfired and only hurt our nation.
You have to go back literally years to recall a mass shooting in Canada.

We have one every few days.

Please explain this...

They have access to guns........long guns especially....so what magic to their laws keeps them from taking their long gun and murdering people........?

We had 10 mass public shootings in 2019......

10 individuals out of over 320 million people did mass public shootings in this country...

600 million guns in this country.

18.2 million people can legally carry guns for self defense in this country..........

So...10 individuals out of 320 million people...care to tell us what percentage of the population that is?

Again with the "we had ten mass shootings" horseshit. You've been busted before and now you're gonna get the same result.

>> There were more mass shootings across the U.S. in 2019 than there were days in the year, according to a gun violence research group. 2019 had the highest number of mass shootings in any year since the research group started keeping track.​
By the end of 2019, there were 417 mass shootings in the U.S., according to data from the nonprofit Gun Violence Archive (GVA), which tracks every mass shooting in the country. Thirty-one of those shootings were mass murders.​
GVA defines a mass shooting as any incident in which at least four people are shot, excluding the shooter. The group also tracks mass murders as defined by the FBI — incidents in which at least four people are killed. << -- CBS

Oh and just to save time let me warn you in advance, the next time you try to float this bullshit you'll get busted again, LIAR.

How many U.S citizens in Nova Scotia did the U.S consulate save? Who knows, but they were on the ball while Canadas Federal police force, were not. One lady who is a dual citizens said on CBC said she received an email from the U.S consulate while the RCMP didn't alert Canadians via the Emergency Alert system, while hours passed by and this guy shot countess people and burned some in their homes.

Compare Canadian police to those in Texas who fought a man who had kevlar on. The differences in their response is like night and day. If he had conducted these cowardly crimes in Toronto, he might STILL be on the loose.

HALIFAX — As an active shooter was on the loose in Nova Scotia Sunday morning, the U.S. Consulate in Halifax sent emailed alerts to its citizens warning of the danger at a time when the RCMP was using Twitter to communicate the news.

Questions have been raised as to why no emergency alerts were transmitted to Nova Scotians' cellphones and television screens as a rampage was underway that would leave 23 dead, including the gunman.

When Premier Stephen McNeil was asked Wednesday why the province didn't issue an emergency alert based on the Mounties' Twitter feed, he said emergency officials couldn't act until the RCMP had prepared an approved message.

"That's the protocol in place when it comes to the (Emergency Management Office)," the premier told a news conference.

"The lead agency is the one that has to put the message together. We would not go from what's happening on Twitter .... No message was received, even though EMO had reached out a number of times throughout the morning to the RCMP."

At a news conference Wednesday, RCMP Chief Supt. Chris Leather said police received a 911 call of a firearms incident in Portapique, N.S., at 10:26 p.m. Saturday. They soon determined there had been a homicide but did not realize the suspect had left the area they were searching until 8:02 the next morning, he said.

He said the EMO contacted the RCMP at 10:15 a.m. to ask about sending an emergency message, and police were crafting a message when the suspect was killed almost two hours later.

Is this an unusual happening with shooters in Canada? You had one the other day and apart from that and this one I had not heard of mass shootings before. Is this do you think something related to the lockdown ie. Cabin Fever and going on the rampage?

We have gun violence also. Maybe not as much as America but more than other nations. We also seem to have more than our fair share of general terror attacks, we had one attack by a radical white guy who attacked a mosque, we had two terror attacks within months in Toronto including a truck running over people on Yonge Street (our most populated street), and a terrorist gunman on the Danforth. We've also had attacks on our parliament when our former PM was within the building and was at risk.

You can even go back years ago to the male attack on women in Montreal where an angry male, isolated and murdered female engineering students and that was back in 1989, before Columbine. A horrific story which breaks ones heart.

Ultimately, Canadian police aren't going to stop all of them. Nobody can, and I don't blame police for failing all of these, it's impossible to prevent them all. Where I give absolutely no quarter is when police agencies waste resource chasing rabbits and protecting their own bad apples and abuses, especially via covert means.

For instance, for every low performing lying operative that interferes with someones career or general life pursuits, that is one less low performing lying operative to focus on gunmen like these. We may not have the more courageous or honest police operatives, but those few we do, should be focusing on legitimate threats, instead of protecting their agencies.

As someone who has reached out to most U.S governors (and all along the border), mayors of big cities, business leaders and half of the E.U allies we have to provide them fact over fiction, names and details at my own choosing, I can say, their efforts to pursue CYA has woefully backfired and only hurt our nation.
You have to go back literally years to recall a mass shooting in Canada.

We have one every few days.

Please explain this...

They have access to guns........long guns especially....so what magic to their laws keeps them from taking their long gun and murdering people........?

We had 10 mass public shootings in 2019......

10 individuals out of over 320 million people did mass public shootings in this country...

600 million guns in this country.

18.2 million people can legally carry guns for self defense in this country..........

So...10 individuals out of 320 million people...care to tell us what percentage of the population that is?

Again with the "we had ten mass shootings" horseshit. You've been busted before and now you're gonna get the same result.

>> There were more mass shootings across the U.S. in 2019 than there were days in the year, according to a gun violence research group. 2019 had the highest number of mass shootings in any year since the research group started keeping track.​
By the end of 2019, there were 417 mass shootings in the U.S., according to data from the nonprofit Gun Violence Archive (GVA), which tracks every mass shooting in the country. Thirty-one of those shootings were mass murders.​
GVA defines a mass shooting as any incident in which at least four people are shot, excluding the shooter. The group also tracks mass murders as defined by the FBI — incidents in which at least four people are killed. << -- CBS

Oh and just to save time let me warn you in advance, the next time you try to float this bullshit you'll get busted again, LIAR.

Wrong....you have been shown the difference between gang shootings and a mass public shooter. You were caught, the definition was provided by the actual FBI and reported by Mother Jones....

The Gun Violence Archive is lying. They know, as do you, that Americans know the difference between a mass public shooting and a gang shooting.....a mass public shooter is an individual whose only crime is walking into a public space to murder innocent strangers.....a gang shooting happens because of many different reasons...over gang territory, drug turf, insults, girlfriends, dice games..........so Americans know that as long as they stay out of gang territory, in democrat party controlled voting districts, they don't have to worry about getting shot.

Mass public shootings happen in the places normal Americans visit...malls, schools, churches and schools....

In order to stampede Americans into giving power to the anti-gun extremists, the Gun Violence Archive mixes the two, very different, shootings....because again....in 2019 there were only 10 mass public shootings....

10 individuals out of over 320 million people......killing 73 people....total....

That number does not stampede Americans into giving anti-gun assholes more power to ban and confiscate guns...which is why the Gun Violence Archive confuses the issue by combining mass public shootings with the far more numerous, but more localized gang shootings...........

You doofus.

And....doofus.......here is the definition again...provided by Mother Jones........you can't lie about this when it is right here for everyone to see.....

US mass shootings, 1982-2020: Data from Mother Jones’ investigation

Dating back to at least 2005, the FBI and leading criminologists essentially defined a mass shooting as a single attack in a public place in which four or more victims were killed. We adopted that baseline for fatalities when we gathered data in 2012 on three decades worth of cases.
-------

• Here is a description of the criteria we use:
    • The perpetrator took the lives of at least four people. A 2008 FBI report identifies an individual as a mass murderer—versus a spree killer or a serial killer—if he kills four or more people in a single incident (not including himself), typically in a single location. (*In 2013, the US government’s fatality baseline was revised down to three; our database reflects this change beginning from Jan. 2013, as detailed above.)
    • The killings were carried out by a lone shooter. (Except in the case of the Columbine massacre and the Westside Middle School killings, which involved two shooters.)
    • The shootings occurred in a public place. (Except in the case of a party on private property in Crandon, Wisconsin, and another in Seattle, where crowds of strangers had gathered, essentially constituting a public crowd.) Crimes primarily related to gang activity or armed robbery are not included, nor are mass killings that took place in private homes (often stemming from domestic violence).
    • Perpetrators who died or were wounded during the attack are not included in the victim tallies.
    • We included a handful of cases also known as “spree killings“—cases in which the killings occurred in more than one location, but still over a short period of time, that otherwise fit the above criteria.
  • ----------------------
Our research focused on indiscriminate rampages in public places resulting in four or more victims killed by the attacker. We exclude shootings stemming from more conventionally motivated crimes such as armed robbery or gang violence.

(Or in which the perpetrators have not been identified.) Other news outlets and researchers have since published larger tallies that include a wide range of gun crimes in which four or more people have been either wounded or killed. While those larger datasets of multiple-victim shootings are useful for studying the broader problem of gun violence, our investigation provides an in-depth look at a distinct phenomenon—from the firearms used and mental health factors to the growing copycat problem. Tracking mass shootings is complex; we believe ours is the most useful approach for studying this specific phenomenon.

Forum List

Back