The Tiger King Gets His Revenge

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Two Cats Are First U.S. Pets to Test Positive for Coronavirus

The first pets in the United States, two cats from New York state, have tested positive for the virus that is causing the worldwide pandemic, the Agriculture Department and the Centers for Disease Control announced Wednesday.

The cats, from different parts of the state, are showing only mild symptoms and are expected to be fine.

<snip>

Other cats have tested positive for the virus, SARS-CoV-2, including a pet in Belgium and a tiger at the Bronx zoo. After the tiger who showed mild symptoms tested positive, the zoo collected fecal samples from other big cats and found that a total of five tigers and three lions had been infected.

Meanwhile, my dogs are just fine.

addtext-com-MTc1-NDIz-MTI4-Nj-M.jpg

Last edited:
Well, I saw a news article on the nightly news about this. Yes, there are 2 cats in NY state in different parts of the state that tested positive for the virus. But, doctors are CURRENTLY (I use that word, because they are still learning) saying that transmission from pets to humans would be really rare. They said on the news, that if your pet has it, you probably gave it to them.

By the way OP, yes, there is a case where a dog tested positive for COVID 19.

Forum List

Back