U.S. Citizens Say They Were Detained By Border Patrol Agent For ‘Speaking Spanish’

Good
Glad to see they are thorough even if overly so
Libbies always trying to gin up personal outrages

Yet you decide to excuse two US citizens being detained for speaking Spanish. Even after providing proof of citizenship. You stupid, boot-licking piece of shit
There is nothing wrong with checking. There are literally MILLIONS of illegals in our country. We have to be vigilant if we want to get rid of them.
Too many white mass shooters when are we gonna start profiling and harassing whites ?
Let's take a look and see if there are too many. There are well over 300,000,000 people in the US. How many mass shooters do we have?
Too many for a "civilised society" compared to most of the world.
Since you provided no numbers, I assume the numbers must be very very low. Thanks for making my point.
The numbers were posted dozens of times you pro gun buts still stuck in 17th century...numbers wont change your mind. Just turn on and see how many people get killed.

There is nothing wrong with checking. There are literally MILLIONS of illegals in our country. We have to be vigilant if we want to get rid of them.
Too many white mass shooters when are we gonna start profiling and harassing whites ?
Let's take a look and see if there are too many. There are well over 300,000,000 people in the US. How many mass shooters do we have?
Since you provided no numbers, I assume the numbers must be very very low. Thanks for making my point.
The numbers were posted dozens of times you pro gun buts still stuck in 17th century...numbers wont change your mind. Just turn on and see how many people get killed.
You STILL cant find those numbers? Man, its really starting to look like there isnt a problem at all.

You STILL cant find those numbers? Man, its really starting to look like there isnt a problem at all.
Wont bother. Ever lived or travelled abroad ?

Yes. Ive lived abroad (Germany, if you must know). Still cant find those numbers?

Yes. Ive lived abroad (Germany, if you must know). Still cant find those numbers?
How many mass shootings they had while you were there?

chartoftheday_3672_americas_insane_rate_of_gun_homicide_in_perspective_n.jpg

webgunstats1.jpg

Last edited:
How many mass shootings they had while you were there?

chartoftheday_3672_americas_insane_rate_of_gun_homicide_in_perspective_n.jpg

webgunstats1.jpg
I lived there in the 70s. Its a much different place now. Ill take our occasional mass shooting over their muslim problem any day. Relatively speaking, we lose very few citizens to mass shooting each year, but regardless, do you have a solution to the mass shooting problem that doesnt involve taking guns away?

Let me guess, the ALT-Right White Supremacists see a problem in speaking other languages.

After all, Diversity is White Genocide and all that fuzz.

rivalsKKKRacism.gif

Wow, a whole 35 minutes. Good thing they didn't go through an airport, that would have been 45 minutes standing in line.
^ The Trump sheep immediately defends scrapping rights for U.S. citizens

Rights are only for white people.

What rights were actually violated? I wasn't aware ANYONE had a right to never be spoken to by law enforcement.

Start with the 4th Amendment. Illegal search and seizure. The agent had no probable cause for detaining them for even 2 minutes.

Next time speak English. See if that resolves the problem...

That is exactly what a Nazi would say. We have something called freedom in this country. That means you can speak any language you want.

Americans have freedom in this country. Illegals do not. Legals can speak whatever language they want. Illegals need to go home and speak whatever language they want.
See how that works?

These were citizens. Stopping someone for speaking Spanish is not probable cause no matter whether they are legal or not.

Did they have a stamp on their forehead saying so? Then how is he to know without investigating? And just because you are a citizen doesn't mean you are not up to no good. Guess you never heard of homegrown terrorists either. You assholes whine all day long about protection (like grabbing guns) but you never seem to realize that with that comes loss of liberty.

There was no probable cause to even ask for identification. Protecting your rights is not whining. Maybe we should ignore the 2nd Amendment and ban the ownership of guns.

It is illegal to speak Spanish in Montana? :rolleyes-41:

Did anyone say it was?

Well, if it isn't then why were they detained?

Show me where they were "detained". FYI, conversing with them is not "detaining". Detaining would require him to indicate that they were not free to leave at any time. Did I miss the part where that happened?

They were detained by asking for identification and even after that they were not allowed to leave.

U.S. Citizens Say They Were Detained By Border Patrol Agent For ‘Speaking Spanish’

Two U.S. citizens said they were detained last week by a Border Patrol agent in Montana after he overheard them speaking Spanish to each other in a convenience store.

Ana Suda and Mimi Hernandez said they’d popped into the store in Havre, a small town near the border with Canada, early Wednesday morning when they were approached by a uniformed Border Patrol agent, KRTV reported.

The two women, who are Mexican American, had been chatting in Spanish while waiting in line to pay for eggs and milk when ― to their incredulity ― the agent asked them for their IDs.

Suda told MTN News that even after seeing their IDs, the agent did not let them leave the parking lot for about 35 minutes.

I commend the agent. His job is to investigate anything out of the ordinary to be proactive and these people speaking in a foreign tongue was enough to just take a look into to make sure it was nothing. Had those people been terrorists planning on planting a bomb and the agent passed them by dismissing them, then you'd be on here ranting how our national security sucks!

You would. Interesting how when we talk about the 2nd Amendment, people like you demand full fealty to the Constitution. Now you say that violating the Constitution is okay. Speaking in a foreign tongue is not probable cause. Had they been committing a crime, any charges would have been thrown out due to the violation of their Constitutional rights.

No one violated the Constitution. Whatever constitutes unusual behavior to a LEO is probable cause to investigate. You libs are always triggered about something. See that zipper on the back of your head? Open it and try massaging a little common sense into your brain.

I believe in the Constitution. That does not make one a liberal. Speaking Spanish is not unusual behavior and does not constitute probable cause. What you need is some respect for the Constitution you fascist pig.

Two U.S. citizens said they were detained last week by a Border Patrol agent in Montana after he overheard them speaking Spanish to each other in a convenience store.

Ana Suda and Mimi Hernandez said they’d popped into the store in Havre, a small town near the border with Canada, early Wednesday morning when they were approached by a uniformed Border Patrol agent, KRTV reported.

The two women, who are Mexican American, had been chatting in Spanish while waiting in line to pay for eggs and milk when ― to their incredulity ― the agent asked them for their IDs.

Suda told MTN News that even after seeing their IDs, the agent did not let them leave the parking lot for about 35 minutes.

I commend the agent. His job is to investigate anything out of the ordinary to be proactive and these people speaking in a foreign tongue was enough to just take a look into to make sure it was nothing. Had those people been terrorists planning on planting a bomb and the agent passed them by dismissing them, then you'd be on here ranting how our national security sucks!
Feel free to keep bending over like that.

No worries. I generally don't speak Spanish.
Same kind of comment I hear from those willing to give up on their gun rights....."No worries. I generally don't own or use guns."

If you think I'm not 101% pro 2nd Amendment, then you're really stupid.

Then your gun rights should be taken away. You could shoot up a school.

You would. Interesting how when we talk about the 2nd Amendment, people like you demand full fealty to the Constitution. Now you say that violating the Constitution is okay. Speaking in a foreign tongue is not probable cause. Had they been committing a crime, any charges would have been thrown out due to the violation of their Constitutional rights.

No one violated the Constitution. Whatever constitutes unusual behavior to a LEO is probable cause to investigate. You libs are always triggered about something. See that zipper on the back of your head? Open it and try massaging a little common sense into your brain.

I believe in the Constitution. That does not make one a liberal. Speaking Spanish is not unusual behavior and does not constitute probable cause. What you need is some respect for the Constitution you fascist pig.

characters.jpg

Yet you decide to highlight the whole 35 minutes spent in the parking lot...dumbass.
Yet you decide to excuse two US citizens being detained for speaking Spanish. Even after providing proof of citizenship. You stupid, boot-licking piece of shit
Explain the 35 minute detention....all based on speaking Spanish.....It's so funny to watch trumpanzees willing to go to the wall for their precious guns, but give up their other freedoms so willingly.
Detention for 35 seconds was unwarranted.
No, 35 seconds isnt enough time to determine if they are legal residents. I think anything up to a fews hours is appropriate.

You cannot just stop people on the street and ask for their papers. They broke no laws.

View attachment 194793

Showing pictures of yourself again. I can see what your problem is.

Wow, a whole 35 minutes. Good thing they didn't go through an airport, that would have been 45 minutes standing in line.

No it's you regressives that claim a law enforcement officer doing his job, in a professional manner, is somehow doing something wrong. He asked for ID, verified the ID was genuine and sent them on their way. Many illegals are using stolen IDs. Also when are you regressives going to learn that Mexican isn't a race, it's a nationality. Did you notice the one woman couldn't even pronounce "profiling" correctly?

Which he is not allowed to do. Speaking Spanish is not a crime. HE had no right to ask for a ID.

Explain the 35 minute detention....all based on speaking Spanish.....It's so funny to watch trumpanzees willing to go to the wall for their precious guns, but give up their other freedoms so willingly.
Detention for 35 seconds was unwarranted.
No, 35 seconds isnt enough time to determine if they are legal residents. I think anything up to a fews hours is appropriate.

You cannot just stop people on the street and ask for their papers. They broke no laws.

Tell me:

What law did a guy break when his rare gun collection gets confiscated just because someone decides it is too big and they don't see what need he has for it?
What law does a person break when a community decides he must take down his nativity scene @ Christmas because it was too religious?
What law does a business break when a customer want them to provide a service they don't offer because it offends them, so the Fed sues them?
What law does a president break when a political party decides to pitch a tent up his ass for a few years because they didn't like that he beat their opponent?
What law did a panicked dental assistant break when she gets gunned down in her car for making an illegal U-turn in Washington DC?
What law did a border agent break when he merely stops a couple people speaking a foreign language at the border in an area where no one normally speaks foreign languages, just to check them out enough to make sure they aren't any person of interest?

No it's you regressives that claim a law enforcement officer doing his job, in a professional manner, is somehow doing something wrong. He asked for ID, verified the ID was genuine and sent them on their way. Many illegals are using stolen IDs. Also when are you regressives going to learn that Mexican isn't a race, it's a nationality. Did you notice the one woman couldn't even pronounce "profiling" correctly?

Which he is not allowed to do. Speaking Spanish is not a crime. HE had no right to ask for a ID.

Actually he did, they were within a border control zone. Border Patrol can question anyone within them.

border control zone.png

It's been upheld by the Supreme Court. Did you not read the town is close to the Canadian border?

"Said they were", well that settles the whole thing! :D

Forum List

Back