U.S. Capitol Police to Be Sued for $10 Million for Killing Unarmed Rioter

What I'm "suggesting" is that any Officer whose job involves crowd control should have something other than his fists and a gun to deal with situations. I don't know if this Officer did or did not (which you obviously don't know either!) but I'm bothered by the fact that he DIDN'T use something other than his gun before shooting an unarmed protester in the neck at point blank range!
He shot her in the front shoulder, at point blank range, not the neck.

Seriously? You scold me for "Monday Morning Quarterbacking" and then you turn around and Monday Morning Quarterback the shit out everything the Capital Police did! Let me make this really clear for about the tenth time! You don't shoot an unarmed person in the neck at point blank range for breaking a window until you've done everything else possible...and you definitely don't shoot them because you think they "might" be dangerous. You shoot them because they ARE dangerous!

As for what the cop could reasonable "assume"? Did it ever occur to you that the protesters weren't stopping because they didn't think they were doing something that would get them shot? That they assumed they would be pepper sprayed...tasered...or hit with a baton before someone shot them? Or is that an unreasonable assumption?
"You don't shoot an unarmed person in the neck at point blank range for breaking a window..."

And Oldestyle throws in the towel by demonstrating he has no idea what occurred in the Capitol.

He didn't shoot her for breaking a window. He shot her for attempting to circumvent the lock on the door to the restricted area by climbing through the door's window that the mob had just broken out in order to give them access.

Why do you keep lying about this - what they were doing and/or why?
My conclusion is ... he's pathological.

You know, that's a good question, thanks for bringing it up.

Patrol officers are the ones who are equipped with all of the gear you and others have mentioned and suggested they should have used previously including pepper spray, batons, etc.

Not all police officers do the same job therefore they don't all carry the same gear. The detectives don't go about their day weighed down by all that gear that the patrol officers do because they are not necessary for the job they do.

Which begs the question. If the officer is only armed with a firearm then wouldn't it stand to reason that they expect him/her to use their weapon to defend themselves or others as opposed to attempt crowd control and/or to control individuals participating in crimes as part of a mob? Like one of the other posters mentioned, our tax dollars pay him to do just what he did, to protect the lives of the members of Congress even if that requires the use of deadly force.
So what was the "job" of the Capitol Police that day, Mariyam? They've been told in advance that there is going to be a HUGE protest which may very well turn violent because people are extremely pissed off about the election! Which begs the question...why on earth would you show up for work with just a firearm? Is it just me or were the Capitol Police looking more like the Keystone Cops than the people who were supposed to be protecting our nation's Capitol? Who was running that show and why did they NOT use common sense? Did you want to take a crack at explaining why those questions weren't being asked when the Democrats trotted all of those "traumatized" Capitol Police officers out to testify?

He didn't shoot her for breaking a window. He shot her for attempting to circumvent the lock on the door to the restricted area by climbing through the door's window that the mob had just broken out in order to give them access.

Why do you keep lying about this - what they were doing and/or why?
Do you have video of Ashli doing what you're claiming? If so I'd like to see it. What was she actually doing when that Officer pulled the trigger? We see video of every other confrontation between the Police and people who are shot. Where is the video of this shooting?

The video that I've seen shows an intact door backed up by a large pile of furniture of some kind with the protesters hammering on the windows rather ineffectually. That door is still very much intact and yet that Officer fires his weapon into the crowd. Why?

Last edited:
"You don't shoot an unarmed person in the neck at point blank range for breaking a window..."

And Oldestyle throws in the towel by demonstrating he has no idea what occurred in the Capitol.
I'm the person who's QUESTIONING what occurred in the Capitol...you're the person willing to blindly accept the version that the main stream media is running with. Who's really "thrown in the towel"?

Do you have video of Ashli doing what you're claiming? If so I'd like to see it. What was she actually doing when that Officer pulled the trigger? We see video of every other confrontation between the Police and people who are shot. Where is the video of this shooting?

Show me in that video where Ashli has "breached" the door! She's just standing there. Explain why the Police Officers standing in front of the door simply moved out of the way and ALLOWED the protesters to start beating on the door? What's going on here?

I'm the person who's QUESTIONING what occurred in the Capitol...you're the person willing to blindly accept the version that the main stream media is running with. Who's really "thrown in the towel"?
No, you're lying. That's what you do. Who knows why other than you're pathological.

Case in point, you didn't ask a question... you made shit up. You said...

... and in just those 17 words, you utterly obliterated the truth.

The truth is she wasn't shot in the neck, she didn't break the window, and she wasn't shot for breaking a window.

You're also lying claiming I'm "blindly" accepting the MSM version. No, I'm accepting the videos from several angles which show exactly what occurred. Whereas you have proven you don't know what happened. Yet that doesn't stop you from making up your own set of alternative facts.

Show me in that video where Ashli has "breached" the door! She's just standing there. Explain why the Police Officers standing in front of the door simply moved out of the way and ALLOWED the protesters to start beating on the door? What's going on here?
She was climbing through the broken out window to breach the police barricade, ya lyin' moron. That is NOT "just standing there."

You just can't stop lying, can you?

And have you not seen video of that event before?

No, you're lying. That's what you do. Who knows why other than you're pathological.

Case in point, you didn't ask a question... you made shit up. You said...

... and in just those 17 words, you utterly obliterated the truth.

The truth is she wasn't shot in the neck, she didn't break the window, and she wasn't shot for breaking a window.

You're also lying claiming I'm "blindly" accepting the MSM version. No, I'm accepting the videos from several angles which show exactly what occurred. Whereas you have proven you don't know what happened. Yet that doesn't stop you from making up your own set of alternative facts.
Show me the angle that shows Ashli breaching the door, Faun? Explain to me why the three Police Officers standing in front of the door move away and allow the protesters to start beating on the door? Who gave that order?

She was climbing through the broken out window to breach the police barricade, ya lyin' moron. That is NOT "just standing there."

You just can't stop lying, can you?

And have you not seen video of that event before?
Show me the video of Ashli doing what you're claiming, Faun.

Show me the angle that shows Ashli breaching the door, Faun? Explain to me why the three Police Officers standing in front of the door move away and allow the protesters to start beating on the door? Who gave that order?

Can ANYONE show me a video of Ashli climbing through a window of that doorway before she's shot? That's the narrative that you're ALL going with so I assume you've ALL seen video of that taking place? Why does the video that I've seen show nothing like that at all?

Can ANYONE show me a video of Ashli climbing through a window of that doorway before she's shot? That's the narrative that you're ALL going with so I assume you've ALL seen video of that taking place? Why does the video that I've seen show nothing like that at all?
LOL

Post #1,613 shows it clearly.

Have you not seen any of these videos before?

LOL

Post #1,613 shows it clearly.

Have you not seen any of these videos before?
Where in any video has the window been breached? Where is there someone climbing through it? Why do the Police in front of the door move out of the way? Have they been told to move because someone is going to fire into the crowd?

Where in any video has the window been breached? Where is there someone climbing through it? Why do the Police in front of the door move out of the way? Have they been told to move because someone is going to fire into the crowd?
Sadly, your dumb denials, along with all the lies you've told, exposes your pathology.

"Why does the video that I've seen show nothing like that at all?"
Well, I'm willing to give the poster Oldestyle the benefit of the doubt. Maybe the rest of the world is seeing different videos than what that poster is viewing,
So, poster Oldestyle, if you would, please post up the video(s) that you think support your position in contradistinction to the videos Faun has linked us to, or those videos that BellingCat has displayed; or the videos shown at Trump's second impeachment, or the recent New York Times treatment offered up several times on this venue.

Maybe Oldestyle has a new angle.
Batter up, partner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"......they didn't think they were doing something that would get them shot? That they assumed they would be pepper sprayed...tasered...or hit with a baton before someone shot them?
Well, in truth, none of us know what those protesters were or were not thinking. We can conjecture, and maybe, in time, when the trials or pleas begin some of the survivors will tell us. But Babbitt's thinking is now unreachable....other than that famous YouTuber of her ranting in support of Don Trump or against 'liberals'......I forget which angle her unhingey-ness was taking.

However, if poster Oldestyle can project that "they didn't think"...they'd got shot, but "they assumed they would be" tasered, etc........well, I demur.

I will project, as Oldestyle did, that they didn't think ---Babbitt didn't think --- she would be tasered, clubbed, or sprayed, lest she would not have jumped into that smashed opening. Few people I know.....rather, NO people I know .... will launch themselves into a violently smashed opening of a police barricade despite loud warnings there is a gun being pointed, and do so with the assumption they would only be clubbed.

Hell, even without the gun.....I know of none of my neighbors, friends, family, et al, who would volunteered to be clubbed ---for effect--- by a cop.

To maybe overdrive the nail ----- I would speculate that they had no assumption they would be shot, sprayed, clubbed, or apprehended because......well, because of where they were and what they were doing. They hadn't experienced any of that pushback up to that point so there seems little justification for them to now assume they would be stopped doing whatever they wanted.

All of that is a bunch of verbiage that has been presented in various forms by myself and other posters for months. In the end, the conclusion my avatar makes is that the avatar Oldestyle is merely being willingly obtuse in the matter. I'm assuming his advocacy for the harmlessness and innocence of Babbitt is insincere.

But that's just me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Who was running that show and why did they NOT use common sense?
We can fervently hope that the Select Committee will get to that aspect of the notorious assault by Trump supporters on January 6th. Was it, as has been offered on this venue, a secret conspiracy run as a 'false flag' event....engineered by either Nancy Pelosi, or the FBI, or ANTIFA. Or was it a 'queer' riot run by gay militias (that too, has been offered here).

Or, was the show run by Roger Stone, or the Oathkeepers , or Trump, or the cabal of people who met in Trump's residence at his nearby hotel the night before?

Screw the Kraken, let loose the Subpoenas.

Last edited:
Well, I'm willing to give the poster Oldestyle the benefit of the doubt. Maybe the rest of the world is seeing different videos than what that poster is viewing,
So, poster Oldestyle, if you would, please post up the video(s) that you think support your position in contradistinction to the videos Faun has linked us to, or those videos that BellingCat has displayed; or the videos shown at Trump's second impeachment, or the recent New York Times treatment offered up several times on this venue.

Maybe Oldestyle has a new angle.
Batter up, partner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, in truth, none of us know what those protesters were or were not thinking. We can conjecture, and maybe, in time, when the trials or pleas begin some of the survivors will tell us. But Babbitt's thinking is now unreachable....other than that famous YouTuber of her ranting in support of Don Trump or against 'liberals'......I forget which angle her unhingey-ness was taking.

However, if poster Oldestyle can project that "they didn't think"...they'd got shot, but "they assumed they would be" tasered, etc........well, I demur.

I will project, as Oldestyle did, that they didn't think ---Babbitt didn't think --- she would be tasered, clubbed, or sprayed, lest she would not have jumped into that smashed opening. Few people I know.....rather, NO people I know .... will launch themselves into a violently smashed opening of a police barricade despite loud warnings there is a gun being pointed, and do so with the assumption they would only be clubbed.

Hell, even without the gun.....I know of none of my neighbors, friends, family, et al, who would volunteered to be clubbed ---for effect--- by a cop.

To maybe overdrive the nail ----- I would speculate that they had no assumption they would be shot, sprayed, clubbed, or apprehended because......well, because of where they were and what they were doing. They hadn't experienced any of that pushback up to that point so there seems little justification for them to now assume they would be stopped doing whatever they wanted.

All of that is a bunch of verbiage that has been presented in various forms by myself and other posters for months. In the end, the conclusion my avatar makes is that the avatar Oldestyle is merely being willingly obtuse in the matter. I'm assuming his advocacy for the harmlessness and innocence of Babbitt is insincere.

But that's just me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

We can fervently hope that the Select Committee will get to that aspect of the notorious assault by Trump supporters on January 6th. Was it, as has been offered on this venue, a secret conspiracy run as a 'false flag' event....engineered by either Nancy Pelosi, or the FBI, or ANTIFA. Or was it a 'queer' riot run by gay militias (that too, has been offered here).

Or, was the show run by Roger Stone, or the Oathkeepers , or Trump, or the cabal of people who met in Trump's residence at his nearby hotel the night before?

Screw the Kraken, let loose the Subpoenas.
Where is it that Ashli breaches the door? Again why do the three Capitol Police Officers abandon their post IN FRONT of those doors and exit to the left? Why is there an entire stairwell full of police to the right of the doors that aren't doing anything? Did someone make the call to let the protesters by so that they COULD breach the doors? It sure looks that way to me! So who made that call and what was the plan? To shoot someone? The more video I see the more I question what the hell the Capitol Police were doing that day!

1000's of people protested AT the Capital...100's BREACHED the Capital! Do you not grasp the difference?
I do, as the crowd had many capitol police occupied outside the building by assaulting them.

You are incoherent. You dont even realize that you already argued FOR shooting Babbit. Being that you appear to know less than nothing about any of this, you made the argument that the CP should have tried gas and batons before using deadly force. I then informed you that they DID do that, and it didn't work. That's when you quickly changed lanes one of the many times you have done so in this thread.

You are sitting there reacting to each fact reflexively, obviously with no understanding or realization that the reflexive points you make are not consistent with each other. Which is proof positive that your arguments are all bullshit and just smoke and mirrors to disguise a faith based position you have taken to feed a political fetish that seems to have more control over your brain than you do.

Forum List

Back