Tyre Nichols body cam footage

That's not proof of anything.

Black people commit murder every day. Does that mean every black person should be seen as a murderer?

Again, something I never argued but you are trying to air your beefs on the back of a dead man.

"Which is why we need to split our country into two countries instead."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's a fascinating suggestion, imbued, as it must be, with loyalty and patriotism for the United States of America. But, it seems, a desire for a different United States, or rather, two different 'United States'.

So, good poster Cleveland Ray.....how you gonna split us up?

• North/South.....again?
  • East/West?
  • Rural/Urban?
  • Higher educated/Lesser educated?
  • Grade point average?
  • A wealth qualifier?
  • Skin color?
  • Religion?
  • Nationality origin?
  • Preferred sports activities?
  • Gun owners or not gun owners?
  • A marksmanship qualifier?
  • Physical fitness?
  • Physical attractiveness?
  • Height, or lack thereof?
  • A Body Mass Index qualifer? (BMI of say, below 23 for one country, and 23+ for another country)
  • Preference for salted or unsalted peanuts?

Ray, there are many many many ways to slice & dice those lands that used to be called the United States of America on the North American continent. So think of it as a blank slate for you to go be creative on.

I think the forum would be interested in your ideas of the ideal America(s).

Just sayin'

Police officers unleashed a barrage of commands that were confusing, conflicting and sometimes even impossible to obey, a New York Times analysis of footage from Tyre Nichols’ fatal traffic stop found. When Nichols could not comply — and even when he managed to — the officers responded with escalating force.

The review of the available footage found that officers shouted at least 71 commands during the approximately 13-minute period before they reported over the radio that Nichols was officially in custody.

Police officers unleashed a barrage of commands that were confusing, conflicting and sometimes even impossible to obey, a New York Times analysis of footage from Tyre Nichols’ fatal traffic stop found. When Nichols could not comply — and even when he managed to — the officers responded with escalating force.

The review of the available footage found that officers shouted at least 71 commands during the approximately 13-minute period before they reported over the radio that Nichols was officially in custody.
If one were to listen to this scene just after the cops stopped Tyre and during the entire altercation, and if you remove all official police communication, it sounds like any other black on black beatdown. Those cops were poorly trained and showed no emotional intelligence at all. They saw an opportunity to beat a man to literal, delayed death. All 5 deserve whatever the courts give them.

And then their is some twitter conversations that 3 of the cops involved were actual gang members and this was some type of hit. Use caution applying any merit to anything coming out of twitter.

Looks like LibStain Anti-Cop Anti-American Commee Vermin may be correct on this one? First time for everything.
Yes it appears the Cops beat him up (see Video 2), after he ran off (see Video 1).

The beating was AFTER he ran, AFTER he resisted, DURING continued resistance, AFTER he refused to be handcuffed.
After re-capture from running off. After forced to chase down him in an automobile. All avoidable.
All facts hidden or ignored or lied about over two days of postings....thereby muddying the waters.

Suggestions: Don't make Cops chase you down (once in car and then on foot).
Don't make them spend all day on a traffic stop, comply.
Don't make them stop your car in the middle of the road. Don't make them have to block in your car from escape.
Pay your fines and stay alive.

Last edited:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's a fascinating suggestion, imbued, as it must be, with loyalty and patriotism for the United States of America. But, it seems, a desire for a different United States, or rather, two different 'United States'.

So, good poster Cleveland Ray.....how you gonna split us up?

• North/South.....again?
  • East/West?
  • Rural/Urban?
  • Higher educated/Lesser educated?
  • Grade point average?
  • A wealth qualifier?
  • Skin color?
  • Religion?
  • Nationality origin?
  • Preferred sports activities?
  • Gun owners or not gun owners?
  • A marksmanship qualifier?
  • Physical fitness?
  • Physical attractiveness?
  • Height, or lack thereof?
  • A Body Mass Index qualifer? (BMI of say, below 23 for one country, and 23+ for another country)
  • Preference for salted or unsalted peanuts?

Ray, there are many many many ways to slice & dice those lands that used to be called the United States of America on the North American continent. So think of it as a blank slate for you to go be creative on.

I think the forum would be interested in your ideas of the ideal America(s).

Just sayin'

I and other right-wingers have started topics on this before. As leftists get more irritating the more of us want them totally out of our lives it seems.

My idea is to have a line drawn north to south splitting the country as an east side and a west side. We have a national vote on which party gets what side. I would suggest the leftists get the west side since that's where their precious border is, and they can simply open the gates and allow the entire southern Americas in if they want.

Next we build a huge Trump wall to keep liberals from sneaking into our country like they do today in our states after they ruin theirs. After the left destroys their new country we don't want them coming here.

We will have free trade and tourism like any other two countries or otherwise just to visit your family, but no living on our side. You can come over, but you can't stay or register as a citizen and vote.

Tyre resisted arrest
The officers escalated the situation from the second they pulled him over for no apprentice reason. They pulled him out of the car and immediately started to beat him down. Nichols had no idea why they were nesting him. He was trying to comply with the officers, but they were pulling and pushing him in different directions.

Their actions will be used in the future by nearly every department’s training program as what never to do.

There is no way that their actions can be tolerated, justified, condoned or explained away. There’s also no valid way one can place the blame on Nichols.

This is possibly the most obvious and blatant example of unjustified police brutality anyone has ever seen.

The officers escalated the situation from the second they pulled him over for no apprentice reason. They pulled him out of the car and immediately started to beat him down. Nichols had no idea why they were nesting him. He was trying to comply with the officers, but they were pulling and pushing him in different directions.

Their actions will be used in the future by nearly every department’s training program as what never to do.

There is no way that their actions can be tolerated, justified, condoned or explained away. There’s also no valid way one can place the blame on Nichols.

This is possibly the most obvious and blatant example of unjustified police brutality anyone has ever seen.

The officers escalated the situation from the second they pulled him over for no apprentice reason.
IF so I would like to see it for myself

The videos posted on line are all edited and chopped

But I know that being uncooperative and argumentative is common among stops on the street

Brutal. Was it necessary?
How many watched it all the way through?
  • he escapes, leading to a second altercation
  • Nichols then frees himself from the officers’ grips — prompting them to pepper spray him and attempt to Taser him as he takes off running down the street
  • The police give chase
There's your answer. Always cooperate with the police, don't make them work to arrest you.

More black on black violence.

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 3.54.42 PM.png

Only an unthinking and ignorant idiot would disagree with that.

• he escapes, leading to a second altercation
  • Nichols then frees himself from the officers’ grips — prompting them to pepper spray him and attempt to Taser him as he takes off running down the street
  • The police give chase
There's your answer. Always cooperate with the police, don't make them work to arrest you.

More black on black violence.

View attachment 752269
In this case there was never attempt by the police to gain compliance or deescalate. The police wouldn’t allow the suspect to cooperate. Nichols had no opportunity to cooperate.

There was no communication from the officers to determine if Nichols was or was not cooperative. They simply dragged him out of his car and started brutalizing him. All he could was try to cover up.

Everyone here saying that Nichols was uncooperative would say the opposite if they or their kid was the victim here.

"My idea is to have a line drawn north to south splitting the country as an east side and a west side. We have a national vote on which party gets what side. I would suggest the leftists get the west side"
----------------------------------------------------------------------

With no disrespect intended....I think the idea of splitting the U.S. with "leftists" on one side and 'MAGA-QAnon' on the other side is nuts.

For one, there is some crossover. And then there is the 'Independents' question. Even the apolitical, non-political, bi-partisan, and 'undecided' constituencies.
So, it is unworkable.

Instead......

Though I have no problem with an East/West divide......I would suggest the determinants or qualifier as to who goes where is a combined number, sort of an index, even an algorithm......that incorporates:

BMI + IQ + GPA + Height.

It's numbers based. It is quantitative. It is transparent.
Adjustments in citizenships can be made bi-annually.

ps..... I would also suggest that there be allowances for those of us who farm in, say, a skinny and tall area, but have a city pied de terre in a short statured but smart urban area.

Food for thought for all.
No?

Yeah it really is. If your seeing racism here you want to see it.
You're right I see it, because that is what it is.
Yeah. I said more unarmed white guys than unarmed black guys get killed by police. You said no they don’t. Now that you’ve been proven wrong you want to move the goal posts. Black guys commit violent crimes at disproportionate rates too.
More whites commit violent crimes than black folks do.

Forum List

Back