Two Justified Police Shootings In LA; Protesters Still Protest

Biff_Poindexter

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2018
USA

Nava-Photo-700x420.jpg

"Anaheim Police officers had engaged Nava in the 2500 block of East Ward Terrace shortly after 9:30 p.m. Saturday in an attempt to arrest him on a warrant for felony sexual assault, the Police Department said. He allegedly armed himself with a kitchen knife, prompting one or more officers to open fire, investigators said."

zdxfdled.jpg

"Cops said Kizzee was caught violating an unspecified vehicle code while riding a bike down 110th Street and Budlong Avenue. But as they approached the suspect he abandoned his bike and began running towards 109th Place. As police attempted to approach him again, Lieutenant Brandon Dean said Kizzee punched one of the officers in the face, at the same time dropping a bundle of clothing which had been concealing a handgun."

Both of these shootings were justified...case closed.....Now there will always be some who will protest every single police shooting -- but someone needs to remind them that not all police shootings are bad....There is more than enough reason to demand police accountability -- but these 2 folks are not worth protesting...

I think you're jumping the gun with "case closed" especially in the first case:
The officers involved in the shooting were wearing body cameras, and the footage was provided to the Orange County district attorney’s office, which is conducting a criminal investigation, police said. The Police Department’s major review team is handling an internal investigation into the shooting with oversight from the Office of Independent Review.
Whether protests are called for is a different matter. I'm not surprised people reflexively do given the current police state climate. I would be more worried if they didn't react at all.

Forum List

Back