BLM protesters cause the police in riot gear to back off.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2019
Derrick Ingram, an organizer of a group leading New York’s Black Lives Matter protests, was besieged inside his Manhattan apartment on Friday while a police helicopter patrolled overhead, officers banged on his door and police dogs waited in the hallway.

The street outside had been closed off by roughly two dozen police vehicles and dozens of officers, including some who were wearing riot gear. At the end of the block, Black Lives Matter supporters had gathered with bullhorns and cameras to protest what appeared to be Mr. Ingram’s imminent arrest.

“What did I do? What did I do?” he said on a livestream posted on Instagram. “I was born Black, that’s what I did.”

The tense standoff in the Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood continued for several hours as Mr. Ingram, 28, talked to lawyers via Zoom and communicated with the outside world over the Instagram video.

He declined to let the officers enter his apartment without a warrant. A police spokeswoman, Sgt. Jessica McRorie, said later that the officers were there to arrest him on charges that he had assaulted an officer.

In the end, the police left shortly after 1 p.m. without arresting him. But the tremendous show of force renewed questions about how the Police Department is addressing the protests for racial justice that have continued in New York for weeks and how they are dealing with those who participate in them.

Seems the police were not able to describe this assault nor does it seem that they could convince a court it even happened.

Derrick Ingram, an organizer of a group leading New York’s Black Lives Matter protests, was besieged inside his Manhattan apartment on Friday while a police helicopter patrolled overhead, officers banged on his door and police dogs waited in the hallway.

The street outside had been closed off by roughly two dozen police vehicles and dozens of officers, including some who were wearing riot gear. At the end of the block, Black Lives Matter supporters had gathered with bullhorns and cameras to protest what appeared to be Mr. Ingram’s imminent arrest.

“What did I do? What did I do?” he said on a livestream posted on Instagram. “I was born Black, that’s what I did.”

The tense standoff in the Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood continued for several hours as Mr. Ingram, 28, talked to lawyers via Zoom and communicated with the outside world over the Instagram video.

He declined to let the officers enter his apartment without a warrant. A police spokeswoman, Sgt. Jessica McRorie, said later that the officers were there to arrest him on charges that he had assaulted an officer.

In the end, the police left shortly after 1 p.m. without arresting him. But the tremendous show of force renewed questions about how the Police Department is addressing the protests for racial justice that have continued in New York for weeks and how they are dealing with those who participate in them.

Seems the police were not able to describe this assault nor does it seem that they could convince a court it even happened.

~~~~~~
Then you have to wonder who, how and why the assistant DDistrict Attorney failed to issue the proper warrant(s). Then NYPD would not set up an arrest of that magnitude unless they had a warrant.

~~~~~~
Then you have to wonder who, how and why the assistant DDistrict Attorney failed to issue the proper warrant(s). Then NYPD would not set up an arrest of that magnitude unless they had a warrant.

You wouldn't think so would you? If there was no one watching would they have busted in anyway?

~~~~~~

You wouldn't think so would you? If there was no one watching would they have busted in anyway?

The whole world is watching everything these days. It's just hard for anything other than hard left propaganda to get out where people can see it.

~~~~~~

The whole world is watching everything these days. It's just hard for anything other than hard left propaganda to get out where people can see it.

What didn't get out?

Maybe they were just sending the anarchists and BLM assholes a message that they were still in charge. A lot of innocent people in NYC would be happy to hear that. It would help a lot if NYC had a real mayor.

Maybe they were just sending the anarchists and BLM assholes a message that they were still in charge. A lot of innocent people in NYC would be happy to hear that. It would help a lot if NYC had a real mayor.

Maybe. It backfired. A "real" mayor can't allow the police to violate people's rights. What exactly do you have against the Constitution?

Maybe. It backfired. A "real" mayor can't allow the police to violate people's rights. What exactly do you have against the Constitution?
Nothing. What do you have against equal protection under the law?

Yeah, happens all the time. The NYPD shuts down a whole block, brings in a helicopter, riot cops, police dogs, two dozen police vehicles all to arrest someone for committing the crime of "being black".
Very credible. Especially in New York.

This man Ingram is marked and you don't assault the police with impunity. I wouldn't want to be in his
felonious shoes.

All BLM are Terrorists who should be prosecuted.

Nothing. What do you have against equal protection under the law?

No idea what you are asking.

Yeah, happens all the time. The NYPD shuts down a whole block, brings in a helicopter, riot cops, police dogs, two dozen police vehicles all to arrest someone for committing the crime of "being black".
Very credible. Especially in New York.

This man Ingram is marked and you don't assault the police with impunity. I wouldn't want to be in his
felonious shoes.

What? Sitting home watching television?

Yeah, someone from BLM committing assault? That sounds totally unbelievable, right?

Quit defending the criminals of BLM.

Yeah, someone from BLM committing assault? That sounds totally unbelievable, right?

Quit defending the criminals of BLM.

Is it possible? Of course. Here? No. They were unable to explain what this assault was and obviously they could not get a warrant.

The police lie far more often than BLM members commit assaults.

Is it possible? Of course. Here? No. They were unable to explain what this assault was and obviously they could not get a warrant.

It's just as likely the NYPD didn't want a riot after dragging Ingram out of his apartment.
So they simply decided to get their man when an angry violent mob wasn't present.

And your claim is the police devoted all this man power and time on a case they couldn't even obtain a
warrant for? I think we both know who has the more logical argument here.

It's just as likely the NYPD didn't want a riot after dragging Ingram out of his apartment.
So they simply decided to get their man when an angry violent mob wasn't present.

And your claim is the police devoted all this man power and time on a case they couldn't even obtain a
warrant for? I think we both know who has the more logical argument here.

Was there a warrant presented? The police used to be able to pull stuff like this and get away with it.

Was there a warrant presented? The police used to be able to pull stuff like this and get away with it.
That was before BLM became a media and corporate darling by setting Minneapolis on fire.

I wasn't there and neither were you. I think speculating on a warrant isn't productive.

Police were banging on his apartment door and he simply refused to come out.
The matter is far from over.

That was before BLM became a media and corporate darling by setting Minneapolis on fire.

I wasn't there and neither were you. I think speculating on a warrant isn't productive.

Police were banging on his apartment door and he simply refused to come out.
The matter is far from over.

He doesn't have to come out without a warrant.

Forum List

Back