What's new
US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Two judges hit with $200 million ruling over for profit jail sentences for minors.

pknopp

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This is good to see. Unfortunately the people harmed will most likely not see much of this.

I do not support for profit detention centers but I won't pretend that similar doesn't happen in other systems also.

Municipalities get reimbursed by the state for jail time also which can be profitable for the cities.

MinTrut

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This happened years ago as well.
What made them think they could get away with it when the last ones got busted?
It's the same story.

These *men* should have been imprisoned for life, or executed.

LAUGHatLEFTISTS

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This is good to see. Unfortunately the people harmed will most likely not see much of this.

I do not support for profit detention centers but I won't pretend that similar doesn't happen in other systems also.

Municipalities get reimbursed by the state for jail time also which can be profitable for the cities.

Criminals go to jail. People who obey the law do not. It’s as simple as that. Race, color creed have nothing to do with it.

progressive hunter

Diamond Member
Reaction score
This happened years ago as well.
What made them think they could get away with it when the last ones got busted?
about 23 yrs ago I got caught up in a deal where 6 judges in johnson co kansas all co owned most of the privately owned county jails in kansas,,

needless to say everyone got the longest sentences and no early releases,
and in the probation office they had a sign that said this program has a 90% failure rate.

one guy I was in with had served 6 months of probation violations on a 3 month original sentence,,

USMB Server Goals

Total amount
$55.00
Goal
$350.00

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List