Two Israeli scientists who emigrated to U.S. win Nobel Prize in Chemistry

The scientists were dual citizens of Israel and the US, why is this so hard to grasp?

Because during their naturalization ceremony they renounced their israeli citizenship.

"However, the US government remained disdainful of dual citizenship for some time. To this day, candidates for US citizenship through naturalization are forced to renounce their previous citizenship at the United States naturalization ceremony.

The renouncing of one’s previous citizenship is part of the oath that new US citizens must take, and failing to honor that oath could result in the loss of citizenship in the United States."

Is Dual Citizenship Allowed in the United States? | Legal Language Services

Not so fast there..."Based on the U.S. Department of State regulation on dual citizenship (7 FAM 1162), the Supreme Court of the United States has stated that dual citizenship is a "status long recognized in the law" and that "a person may have and exercise rights of nationality in two countries and be subject to the responsibilities of both. The mere fact he asserts the rights of one citizenship does not without more mean that he renounces the other", (Kawakita v. U.S., 343 U.S. 717) (1952). In Schneider v. Rusk 377 U.S. 163 (1964), the US Supreme Court ruled that a naturalized U.S. citizen has the right to return to his native country and to resume his former citizenship, and also to remain a U.S. citizen even if he never returns to the United States."

Kawakita v. United States

FindLaw | Cases and Codes

United States nationality law

"A citizen of Israel who also has a foreign citizenship is considered a foreign citizen under Israeli Security Service Law and is subject to a mandatory military service according to that law; he is considered a citizen of Israel regarding the criminal liability of Israeli civilians according to the Israeli Penal Law; and he is considered a citizen of Israel according to the Israeli laws of personal status, such as the authority jurisdiction of the rabbinical courts in the matters of marriages and divorces, according to the Israeli Rabinical courts jurisdictions law."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Israeli_nationality_law#Dual_citizenship

I never said dual citizenship was illegal, I said the naturalization oath still includes a renouncing of any other citizenship.

Go figure...

Already proved the two in question were born raised and educated in Israel. Is this Sherri speaking now, or her Muslim heyvoun boyfriend? Ha ha ha. boro gomsho olagh. Ridam be eslam. Hamal.

The scientists were dual citizens of Israel and the US, why is this so hard to grasp?

Because during their naturalization ceremony they renounced their israeli citizenship.

"However, the US government remained disdainful of dual citizenship for some time. To this day, candidates for US citizenship through naturalization are forced to renounce their previous citizenship at the United States naturalization ceremony.

The renouncing of one’s previous citizenship is part of the oath that new US citizens must take, and failing to honor that oath could result in the loss of citizenship in the United States."

Not according to your own link. Or do you bother reading what you post.

"Dual citizenship had previously been banned in the United States, but the US Supreme Court struck down most laws forbidding dual citizenship in 1967."

Nya nya nya. Still smoking that alfalfa dipped in camel dung? LOL

I read the article again and found it hilarious. It mentions 3 jews who won the award then spends the entire article talking about the two real jews who hold israeli passports. Paragraph after paragraph of their histories, achievements, talking to family and ex teachers.

Unfortunately for him, the fake jew (other then his name) gets one mention, "Austrian-born Karplus had fled the Nazis to the U.S. as a child."

Heheh...
If they hold Israel passports makes them Israelis as well as Americans. No if and or buts about it. Ever met a Canadian or British dual citizen? The MAIN reason people obtain dual citizen status is it allows them to stay in a country indefinitely, and not have to deal with the hassles of renewing your visa or green card. In their case it made perfect sense since they seemed to be working in university and research centers here in the US for a long time.

Bet they didn't teach you that one, in the trailer park did they?

"Dual citizenship had previously been banned in the United States, but the US Supreme Court struck down most laws forbidding dual citizenship in 1967."

US OAth of Citizenship

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty
of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen;
that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform :noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

The article I cited should not have said "renounce citizenship" but "renounce allegiance and fidelity".

But the effect may be the same. I guess one can hold citizenship in a country they hate.

Last edited:

US OAth of Citizenship

I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty
that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform :noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.
So? You're full of shit. None of your claims so far have been correct.

You sound like a kid, are you sure your parents know you're not in madrassa studying Islam? LOL

US OAth of Citizenship

You sound like a kid, are you sure your parents know you're not in madrassa studying Islam? LOL

What you talkin' 'bout?

I never said dual citizenship in the US was illegal.

US OAth of Citizenship

What you talkin' 'bout?

You said they had to renounce their citizenship because it was illegal in the US in 1970. And your own article debunks that lie. Problem with liars is that have bad memories. Now run along, anti semite.

Alfalfa smoker: "What?! Jooos won the Nobel prize again?! Arrrgghhhhhh!" LOL

exor1.gif

What you talkin' 'bout?

You said they had to renounce their citizenship because it was illegal in the US in 1970. And your own article debunks that lie. Problem with liars is that have bad memories. Now run along, anti semite.

exor1.gif

The Oath of Citizenship/Allegiance has remained pretty much the same since Valley Forge, with the exception of adding sentences about taking up arms, etc.

Up until the SC decision on dual citizenship this oath has been the legal basis for removing the US citizenship of people who maintained citizenship in other countries. The language was considered a legal "renunciation of previous citizenship" and a legally binding contract between the US and naturalization candidates, and it hasn't changed for a couple hundred years.

The SC ruling said the US couldn't incarcerate or remove US citizenship from people who had citizenship in other countries, it did not say it could not make them take an oath renouncing such citizenship AND THAT IS WHY IT IS STILL IN THE OATH.

So my original statement that the 2 in question renounced their citizenship stands. As do every naturalized citizen to this day. But it's not enforced.

Last edited:
The first suicide attacks were by Jews

The earliest recorded incidence of a suicide attack is that of Samson, a biblical figure who brought down a temple with his strength and killed himself and a great number of Philistines.In the 1st century CE, two Jewish sects called the Zealots and Sicarii or “dagger men” carried out public assassinations with short daggers in protest of Roman occupiers in Judea. These attackers carried out the murders fully aware that they would not survive as the guards protecting their victims would kill them before they could escape.

Suicide Attacks
Forget Biblical days, Frau Sherri. Concentrate on the here and now when your friends are busy with their car and suicide bombings taking out innocent people all the time. Such a shame that women don't get the same thing -- Chippendale studs in the Muslim Paradise -- while the men supposedly get these beautiful houris who are see through and never menstruate. What's a poor girl like Frau Sherri to do besides sitting at her computer 24/7.

I have no friends committing suicide attacks.

And no one is carrying them out today in Palestine.

In Palestine, the problem is Zionist IDF terrorists massacring Palestinian children, 1519 slaughtered since 9/2000.

But those scientists bailed out of the sinking Zionist ship decades ago, missing the suicide bombings and Israel's targeted assassinations and all those Zionist child killings.

Those scientists had enough of Zionism and all the crimes against humanity inherent in Zionism.
Yet retained their citizenship......:lol:

Forget Biblical days, Frau Sherri. Concentrate on the here and now when your friends are busy with their car and suicide bombings taking out innocent people all the time. Such a shame that women don't get the same thing -- Chippendale studs in the Muslim Paradise -- while the men supposedly get these beautiful houris who are see through and never menstruate. What's a poor girl like Frau Sherri to do besides sitting at her computer 24/7.

In Palestine, the problem is Zionist IDF terrorists massacring Palestinian children, 1519 slaughtered since 9/2000.

But those scientists bailed out of the sinking Zionist ship decades ago, missing the suicide bombings and Israel's targeted assassinations and all those Zionist child killings.

Those scientists had enough of Zionism and all the crimes against humanity inherent in Zionism.

But they swore an oath of allegience to the US.

What about their oath?

US OAth of Citizenship

The article I cited should not have said "renounce citizenship" but "renounce allegiance and fidelity".

But the effect may be the same. I guess one can hold citizenship in a country they hate.[/QUOTE]

The l'il sherriliar sure can .....

What I think is when an individual becomes a citizen in the US, by naturalization, he is effectively considered as having relinquished his citizenship by the US. The US now considers him a US citizen. It is the individuals place of initial citizenship whose laws determine whether they will view the taking of the oath as a renunciation of citizenship there.

But they swore an oath of allegience to the US.

What about their oath?

Read what I posted regarding dual citizenship in Israel and the US; respectively.

Of course, there doesn't seem to be any evidence that any of these three scientists have resigned their membership in the Jewish People......so whether their citizenship is considered American or Israeli, they remain Jews : ))

The scientists achievements say nothing about their morality or lack thereof.

How have they advanced humanity?

They are not human rights activists.

What you talkin' 'bout?

exor1.gif

The Oath of Citizenship/Allegiance has remained pretty much the same since Valley Forge, with the exception of adding sentences about taking up arms, etc.

Up until the SC decision on dual citizenship this oath has been the legal basis for removing the US citizenship of people who maintained citizenship in other countries. The language was considered a legal "renunciation of previous citizenship" and a legally binding contract between the US and naturalization candidates, and it hasn't changed for a couple hundred years.

The SC ruling said the US couldn't incarcerate or remove US citizenship from people who had citizenship in other countries, it did not say it could not make them take an oath renouncing such citizenship AND THAT IS WHY IT IS STILL IN THE OATH.

So my original statement that the 2 in question renounced their citizenship stands. As do every naturalized citizen to this day. But it's not enforced.
No it's not you ignorant dipshit. Renunciation is an official process. You send in your Israeli passport, (or whatever country you are a citizen of) along with a renunciation application, the embassy punches a hole in it and informs the officials back home that you are no longer a citizen. There are countries today that still do that for example Brazil, China, Russia, and India. The US is generally okay with dual citizenship as long as the other country also is. Usually these types of diplomatic things are reciprocal.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back