Twitter Reinstates Some Accounts of Suspended Journalists

Magnus

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
Twitter is reinstating the accounts of several journalists who were suspended this week, according to a Saturday morning tweet from Elon Musk.

The new chief executive and owner of Twitter said he would lift the suspensions based on the results of a Twitter survey that asked users whether he should keep the accounts offline for a week or reinstate them immediately. More than 58% of respondents said the ban should be lifted right away.

“The people have spoken,” Mr. Musk said on Twitter. “Accounts who doxxed my location will have their suspension lifted now.”

Representatives for the outlets said they didn’t receive any explanation of why the accounts were suspended.

The suspensions drew criticism from government officials and other groups who said Mr. Musk was infringing upon freedom of the press.

Maybe they'll stop "doxxing" Elons family & others so the deranged IMTAFA terrorists don't attack people?
Hopefully they learned a lesson & move on.
Doubt it but it's not impossible

Twitter is reinstating the accounts of several journalists who were suspended this week, according to a Saturday morning tweet from Elon Musk.

The new chief executive and owner of Twitter said he would lift the suspensions based on the results of a Twitter survey that asked users whether he should keep the accounts offline for a week or reinstate them immediately. More than 58% of respondents said the ban should be lifted right away.

“The people have spoken,” Mr. Musk said on Twitter. “Accounts who doxxed my location will have their suspension lifted now.”

Representatives for the outlets said they didn’t receive any explanation of why the accounts were suspended.

The suspensions drew criticism from government officials and other groups who said Mr. Musk was infringing upon freedom of the press.

Somehow.............................................mmmmmmm.............................I'm not buying it.

But you go right ahead, if you think that you could reverse the way you feel about people who could physically harm you and your family.

Forum List

Back