Twitter blocks Trump campaign video due to copyright infringement..........

Well, it seems that Trump can't stop pissing off Twitter. Now? He tried to put a campaign video up about George Floyd (yeah, you heard that right), but apparently, he can't do that because someone else already has the rights to George Floyd's name and likeness, so Twitter blocked his campaign video due to copyright infringement. According to the article, Facebook has also taken down the video for the same reason.

Good on Twitter for doing this. Not only is it a violation of their TOS for people to post copyrighted material, but I also think it's in pretty poor taste to use George Floyd as a campaign tool, especially in light of how he moved out the protesters from that park so he could have his photo op.

Twitter has blocked a Trump campaign video tribute to George Floyd over a copyright claim, in a move that adds to tensions between the social media platform and the U.S. president, one of its most widely followed users.

The company put a label on a video posted by the @TeamTrump account that said, “This media has been disabled in response to a claim by the copyright owner.” The video was still up on President Donald Trump’s YouTube channel and includes pictures of Floyd, whose death sparked widespread protests, at the start.

“Per our copyright policy, we respond to valid copyright complaints sent to us by a copyright owner or their authorized representatives,” Twitter said in a statement. It did not say who made the complaint.

The Burbank, California lawyer who requested the takedown, Sam Koolaq, declined to identify his client or the copyright violation in the video. He said in an email that he also submitted takedown notices to YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.

~~~~~~
Censorship of any American is against the Bill of Rights.
The Bill of Rights only prohibits government censorship. The First Amendment actually protects Twitter in this case. The entire purpose of freedom of the press is to ensure that the government can't dictate what is said, that it can't commandeer private media as a propaganda vehicle.

My only beef with Twitter is that it's taken them this long to grow a pair and starting clamping down on his nonsense. If they'd treated him like any other troll, he'd have been banned out of the gate and probably never elected. They sold us out.

Well, it seems that Trump can't stop pissing off Twitter. Now? He tried to put a campaign video up about George Floyd (yeah, you heard that right), but apparently, he can't do that because someone else already has the rights to George Floyd's name and likeness, so Twitter blocked his campaign video due to copyright infringement. According to the article, Facebook has also taken down the video for the same reason.

Good on Twitter for doing this. Not only is it a violation of their TOS for people to post copyrighted material, but I also think it's in pretty poor taste to use George Floyd as a campaign tool, especially in light of how he moved out the protesters from that park so he could have his photo op.

Twitter has blocked a Trump campaign video tribute to George Floyd over a copyright claim, in a move that adds to tensions between the social media platform and the U.S. president, one of its most widely followed users.

The company put a label on a video posted by the @TeamTrump account that said, “This media has been disabled in response to a claim by the copyright owner.” The video was still up on President Donald Trump’s YouTube channel and includes pictures of Floyd, whose death sparked widespread protests, at the start.

“Per our copyright policy, we respond to valid copyright complaints sent to us by a copyright owner or their authorized representatives,” Twitter said in a statement. It did not say who made the complaint.

The Burbank, California lawyer who requested the takedown, Sam Koolaq, declined to identify his client or the copyright violation in the video. He said in an email that he also submitted takedown notices to YouTube, Facebook and Instagram.
I smell another EO.

I smell another EO.
Like declaring twitter and facebook publishers?

I smell another EO.
Like declaring twitter and facebook publishers?
Isn't that what state funded capitalist want? Besides fascism...?

If the President decided not to use twitter, that company would go bankrupt as all the followers of his, Demoncrap and Republican would go find where he will chat next. Dont doubt me, as the President has hinted at that....
Well that's a lie.

Twitter was doing fine before tRump became the chief twit.

Donald Trump is fucking SHAMELESS - If I were the family I'd sue his fat ass right the hell off. A great day for George? Shut the hell up Donnie!

“Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying this a great thing that’s happening for our country, there’s a great day for him."

Donald Trump is fucking SHAMELESS - If I were the family I'd sue his fat ass right the hell off. A great day for George? Shut the hell up Donnie!

“Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying this a great thing that’s happening for our country, there’s a great day for him."

Yeah, when I heard him say that yesterday on the television, I was in shock, but then when I remembered that Trump will politicize anything, I understood that this is par for the course for Cdr. Bonespurs.

Forum List

Back