Twenty Minutes of Silence OR

There's an appropriate time and place for advice - especially when it is unsolicited. Threads in which people are honoring the dead aren't them.

Just sayin'.

Again, Everybody deals with grief in their own unique way, some pass through easier than others. we all do the best we can do for the moment.

God Bless all us little Americans. We will never forget.

Try to grasp the point here. When a jew suggests that rememberences of horrific acts only serve to embolden the enemy I find it to be the height of hypocrisy as they are the champions of plastering the horrific act of the holocaust anywhere they can.
And which Jew in this thread suggested that? I'll give you a hint: YOU DID. Then you called anyone who disagreed with you Jewish. You were the first one to bring up that point, and the only one to argue it. So you can go on all you'd like about "when a Jew suggests...." but until the suggestion is actually made, you are throwing fists at the air, looking for a fight, based on your own stupidity. Perhaps it is simple childishness. Perhaps it is racism or some other deep seated prejudice. Perhaps you are Jewish and cannot reconcile the events. Really, I don't care. No one else cares. You're the only one here saying what Jews suggest, and making ridiculous analogies. I recommend you either return to the topic of this thread, find a thread where someone is suggesting things you disagree with, or go form a new one on the theoretical topic of what some generalized group of people may have suggested at some point in your imagination, with no definitive source.

Indeed. And what does it say about someone who has to criticize and ridicule honoring the dead?

If she doesn't wish to participate, she could just butt out instead of poisoning the relevant threads.
So you're saying people should let others do as they wish? So how do you justify people demanding silence from everyone on this entire forum under threats? That seems to miss the point, don't you think?

There's an appropriate time and place for advice - especially when it is unsolicited. Threads in which people are honoring the dead aren't them.

Just sayin'.
Yet this seems to be a thread that demands we honor the dead in a particular way.

Way stupid, IMO.

Nice how it turned into a bash against Jews and blacks, though. :cuckoo:

Poor Ravi and her lacks of cognitive ability and reading comprehension.

She won't find any posts by me bashing Jews or blacks, in this thread or any other.

Last edited:
How many people got negged this morning? :lol:

Oh, and I reserve the right to wield my rep as I see fit. Fuck all of you that have a problem with that. :lol:

Try to grasp the point here. When a jew suggests that rememberences of horrific acts only serve to embolden the enemy I find it to be the height of hypocrisy as they are the champions of plastering the horrific act of the holocaust anywhere they can.
And which Jew in this thread suggested that? I'll give you a hint: YOU DID. Then you called anyone who disagreed with you Jewish. You were the first one to bring up that point, and the only one to argue it. So you can go on all you'd like about "when a Jew suggests...." but until the suggestion is actually made, you are throwing fists at the air, looking for a fight, based on your own stupidity. Perhaps it is simple childishness. Perhaps it is racism or some other deep seated prejudice. Perhaps you are Jewish and cannot reconcile the events. Really, I don't care. No one else cares. You're the only one here saying what Jews suggest, and making ridiculous analogies. I recommend you either return to the topic of this thread, find a thread where someone is suggesting things you disagree with, or go form a new one on the theoretical topic of what some generalized group of people may have suggested at some point in your imagination, with no definitive source.

Indeed. And what does it say about someone who has to criticize and ridicule honoring the dead?

If she doesn't wish to participate, she could just butt out instead of poisoning the relevant threads.
So you're saying people should let others do as they wish? So how do you justify people demanding silence from everyone on this entire forum under threats? That seems to miss the point, don't you think?

You done yet, asshat?

Just sayin'.
Yet this seems to be a thread that demands we honor the dead in a particular way.

Way stupid, IMO.

Nice how it turned into a bash against Jews and blacks, though. :cuckoo:

No. You can just shut the fuck up and go away. This thread doesn't demand you even click on it.

You don't appreciate the hypocrisy of a Jewish American telling us how to handle scenes of of mass murder while the holocausts memorials and camps are treated as shrines ?

1. The holocaust was not a terroristic act by a bunch of thugs.

2. should we do away with all war memorials? or is it just my being a jew that means i can't have an opinion about this?

inquiring minds want to know.

now kindly go screw yourself.

you object to twenty minutes of silence for 9/11 but have kept the memory of the holocaust alive and kicking for over 60 years as a constant reminder and turned concetration camps into museums? Your victim status getting overshadowed a bit or what ?

I think the point is she didn't object to the moment of silence, but was saying it's unhealthy to keep reliving it over..and over...and over again. There does come a time to accept, respect, but move on. I agree with her on that, but will admit it's a fine line sometimes.

Shit...I figured that this thread was heading into the tubes.

Congrats. :rolleyes:

You don't appreciate the hypocrisy of a Jewish American telling us how to handle scenes of of mass murder while the holocausts memorials and camps are treated as shrines ?

1. The holocaust was not a terroristic act by a bunch of thugs.

2. should we do away with all war memorials? or is it just my being a jew that means i can't have an opinion about this?

inquiring minds want to know.

now kindly go screw yourself.

*jumps of topic*

Jillian, I was at a bar mitzvah last Saturday. I was handed a Torah with the bottom half of the page as commentary/explanation, top right in Hebrew and top left in English. That thing weighed a ton. Then I get the service hymnal, again in Hebrew, along with a cheat sheet phonetic English book. My arms are buff.

I was impressed by the ties made to the past and also to future generations of the faithful. I'm Christian, but it was very interesting and thought provoking.

*leaves you off topic*

If you are taking time to honor the innocents, courageous responders and what the terrorists really attacked I commend you.

If you are once again taking pause and getting stuck on the past, then you are damaging yourself and those around you. Find a way to heal and grow. This is what I took Jillian's earliest statement to mean.
I didn't take it to mean these people had no value or were not worthy of honor or respect.

That is EXACTLY what I said. Yet some people are so locked in to the little movies they run in their limited minds that it effects their comprehension....

that or they are intentionally obtuse....

or in the case of one person who thinks that every issue has to devolve into a discussion of his paranoia about jews (since apparently, being jewish, I am not permitted opinions), yet another jew bash because i happened to click send on a post.

but yes, what you said was what I intended.

Forum List

Back