Tunguska disaster a nuclear explosion?

whitehall

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Pop history tells us that the explosion in a remote section of Siberia in 1908 was the result of a meteor which left no trace. The explosion left radiation residue and the blast was identical to 1945 American nuclear tests. Secietific geniuses were in no short supply in the late 1800's and a New Zealand scientist was experimenting in nuclear energy in the UK in the early 1900's. Nobody knows what was going on in the relatively closed society of Russia in the early 1900's and it is reasonabe to suspect that a nuclear test lab located in a remote area might have gone up in the first big one. It's a better theory than a meteor which conveniently picked remote Siberia instead of New York City and left no trace.

uscitizen

Reaction score
I was just showing off for some chicks. Never activate warp drive that close to the surface.

OP
whitehall

whitehall

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Ah . new research reveals.... Well I saw the planes crash into the World Trade Center and some people are trying to tell me that ...new research reveals something else happened. Research is sometimes like beauty. It's in the eye of the researcher. What's the chance of a comet hitting the most remote area on the globe? Pretty convenient and lucky.

percysunshine

Gold Member
Reaction score
'Secietific geniuses were in no short supply in the late 1800's'

Unquestionably.

daveman

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Ah . new research reveals.... Well I saw the planes crash into the World Trade Center and some people are trying to tell me that ...new research reveals something else happened. Research is sometimes like beauty. It's in the eye of the researcher. What's the chance of a comet hitting the most remote area on the globe? Pretty convenient and lucky.
Well, given that there are more remote areas than heavily-populated areas, I'd say the chances are pretty good.

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Hey, don't spoil the fun with rational thinking!

Toddsterpatriot

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Well, given that there are more remote areas than heavily-populated areas, I'd say the chances are pretty good.
Statistics are difficult for some people.

dilloduck

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Exactly where was Oppenheimer and his buddies when this happened? Eots --we need you.

daveman

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Statistics are difficult for some people.
Apparently.

zzzz

Just a regular American
Reaction score
Hmmm. You need to enrich uranium first and how do you think they would do that back in the day.

OP
whitehall

whitehall

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I saw the planes hit the Towers in NYC and yet people on the board try to tell me the planes didn't take down the buildings. Nobody saw the explosion in Russia and there is no physical evidence and yet everyone seems to know for sure that the source was extra terrestrial.

techieny

Conservative
Reaction score
I saw the planes hit the Towers in NYC and yet people on the board try to tell me the planes didn't take down the buildings. Nobody saw the explosion in Russia and there is no physical evidence and yet everyone seems to know for sure that the source was extra terrestrial.
Please try to induce vomiting and call poison control.

Toddsterpatriot

Diamond Member
Reaction score
No physical evidence?
How do they know anything happened?

You might want to rethink your post.

American Horse

AKA "Mustang"
Reaction score
Whitehall needs to acquaint himself with Occam’s Razor.

American Horse

AKA "Mustang"
Reaction score
There were witnesses to the actual event.
A dirty snowball (comet) has long been the most likely explanation, since it would be disrupted by the heat and impact with the lower more dense atmosphere and disintigrate well above the surface of the earth, and would leave very little except steam and dust dispersed by the explosion and the shock wave produced.

Last edited:

editec

Mr. Forgot-it-All
Reaction score
Radiation traces?

News to me.

As to how a gigantic ICEBALL could leve no trace?

Easy to understand that.

Most reactions - Past 7 days

Forum List