Trumps trade war is killing manufacturing

RealDave

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2016
Trump claims manufacturing is great but this chart says otherwise.

What kind of idiot thinks it is a good plan to hurt the economies of countries to which you export goods?

These 6 charts compare the US and China economies in the second year of their trade war

BBYwRGf.img

What kind of idiot thinks it is a good plan to hurt the economies of countries to which you export goods?

These 6 charts compare the US and China economies in the second year of their trade war

BBYwRGf.img
Hmmmm....you mean the manufacturing Trump brought back to the US....the manufacturing Barry gave up on, said it was gone for good - the 'new norm'm, that he refused to even try to bring back because it could not be done?

:p

BBYwRGf.img
oh for fk sake.

U.S. enjoys best manufacturing jobs growth of the last 30 years

Yup. That's what I've been reading.

Manufacturing jobs are coming back. It won't happen over night but I can see it happening.

Some manufacturing jobs are disappearing. Not because of the jobs moving overseas, not because of trade wars. It is a simple matter of two things.
One is automation. As human workers are replaced by machines that happens. No way to reverse that trend unless you write laws that require human workers which would crash the economy.
Two is that manufacturing has evolved so that more product can be turned out in the same amount of time as compared to thirty years ago.

Hmmmm....you mean the manufacturing Trump brought back to the US....the manufacturing Barry gave up on, said it was gone for good - the 'new norm'm, that he refused to even try to bring back because it could not be done?

You people should look at US manufacturing chart sometimes.

1/3rd of all manufacturing jobs were lost under GW Bush.

latest_numbers_CES3000000001_2009_2019_all_period_M11_data.gif

Some manufacturing jobs are disappearing. Not because of the jobs moving overseas, not because of trade wars. It is a simple matter of two things.
One is automation. As human workers are replaced by machines that happens. No way to reverse that trend unless you write laws that require human workers which would crash the economy.
Two is that manufacturing has evolved so that more product can be turned out in the same amount of time as compared to thirty years ago.

That has been happening for 50 years.

You people should look at US manufacturing chart sometimes.

1/3rd of all manufacturing jobs were lost under GW Bush.

latest_numbers_CES3000000001_2009_2019_all_period_M11_data.gif
yes it did, the jobs moved to Mehico and overseas. We know this. Obammy helped expedite the remaining with regulations. But trump said enough of the jobs going over seas and mehico. He is bringing those jobs back. Trade is doing that, and he stopped the remaining jobs by tax incentives and removing regulations. it is a simple thing.

Now me, I voted for Trump to bring the jobs home. I wanted my fellow americans to go to work and earn a living to help settle the country down. The oligarchs, didn't like that at fking all. They set up the insurance policy to hinder him as best they could. This isn't about getting trump out of office, and why the articles will never go over to the Senate, no this was about holding the line for China. 85% of americans have no idea of any of this. They go about their lives and look confused at us fighting the battle. They have absolutely no thought of reading any of this shit, they will follow along like little sheep as long as baby gets fed. I know, I have relatives who say to me, you're far too political. They vote, but they have no idea why they vote. None. My best friend in the entire world told me last Saturday night he voted for obammy and he would never vote for trump. Yet he sends me political memes everyday that support's trump. I asked, him Saturday, huh? He tells me, yeah, the guy is a goof, he is unprofessional, he is limited in his morals. Then he couldn't avoid the answer to one question, are you better off today then under obammy. He said yes. I then asked him, what mattered more his quality of life or a morality ideology? he didn't have an answer. This is it across the board folks. Know this.

Last edited:
We are talking about around 500K total jobs here so try for a little perspective, but employment is up to some extent in Trump's three years. However, the gain in manufacturing from 2011 through 2019 has been steady and slow, so the Trumpsettes beating their tiny chests is hyperbole rather than reality. But again in terms of overall numbers of jobs …. mftring just isn't where the jobs are: Trump or no Trump

All Employees, Manufacturing

And it's of no comfort to workers without educations (or aptitude) for the post-industrial revolution economy, but US manufacturing is not impotent. Rather's it's significant in terms of overall economic output.

Think nothing is made in America? Output has doubled in three decades

It's like most things Trumpian. Lots of hot air and not much substance. Workforce participation is pretty much unchanged.

Real wages are largely unchanged since 1964
Infographic: Average Hourly Earnings Climb to Unprecedented High

So, it's easy to see why voters soured on politics

We are talking about around 500K total jobs here so try for a little perspective, but employment is up to some extent in Trump's three years. However, the gain in manufacturing from 2011 through 2019 has been steady and slow, so the Trumpsettes beating their tiny chests is hyperbole rather than reality. But again in terms of overall numbers of jobs …. mftring just isn't where the jobs are: Trump or no Trump

And it's of no comfort to workers without educations (or aptitude) for the post-industrial revolution economy, but US manufacturing is not impotent. Rather's it's significant in terms of overall economic output.

It's like most things Trumpian. Lots of hot air and not much substance. Workforce participation is pretty much unchanged.

well again, he added over 400K worth of manufacturing jobs, after king hussein said he'd need a magic wand. True? Are you an honest enough person to acknowledge Trump did what he said he'd do?

Now me, I voted for Trump to bring the jobs home. I wanted my fellow americans to go to work and earn a living to help settle the country down. The oligarchs, didn't like that at fking all. They set up the insurance policy to hinder him as best they could. This isn't about getting trump out of office, and why the articles will never go over to the Senate, no this was about holding the line for China. 85% of americans have no idea of any of this. They go about their lives and look confused at us fighting the battle. They have absolutely no thought of reading any of this shit, they will follow along like little sheep as long as baby gets fed. I know, I have relatives who say to me, you're far too political. They vote, but they have no idea why they vote. None. My best friend in the entire world told me last Saturday night he voted for obammy and he would never vote for trump. Yet he sends me political memes everyday that support's trump. I asked, him Saturday, huh? He tells me, yeah, the guy is a goof, he is unprofessional, he is limited in his morals. Then he couldn't avoid the answer to one question, are you better off today then under obammy. He said yes. I then asked him, what mattered more his quality of life or a morality ideology? he didn't have an answer. This is it across the board folks. Know this.
I love it hlow you use no statistyivs to bsck your claims.

Deficits skyrocketing, the Fed bailing us out, manufacturing falling but you got a tax cut. Stupid thinking people agree with you.

well again, he added over 400K worth of manufacturing jobs, after king hussein said he'd need a magic wand. True? Are you an honest enough person to acknowledge Trump did what he said he'd do?
Obama was talking in Ohio about certain manufacturing jobs.

Did Trump say his trade war would hit manufacturing jobs?

BBYwRGf.img
You left out The Billions we collected in Tarriffs and the fact The Trade War is over and the fact Pelosi sat on The USMCA for an entire year because she was getting nothing done but Impeachment, and wanted to approve USMCA at the 12th hours as if to say, "SEE We actually do something once in a while when we actually feel like it."

You also left out trade numbers for Canada and Mexico, and also left out projections of improved numbers due to China Trade Deal, USMCA, Japan Trade Deal and upcoming UK Trade Deal.

You also left out December PMI numbers, and wage growth numbers for low skilled labor, as well as the overall impact of low unemployment on our economy which set several all time records this year.

Last edited:
I love it hlow you use no statistyivs to bsck your claims.

Deficits skyrocketing, the Fed bailing us out, manufacturing falling but you got a tax cut. Stupid thinking people agree with you.
well post the link that proves your point. go for it. It's just as simple for you to post the stats that prove your point. I made a statement. I wasn't going for stats. but since you bring it up show me.

Mfring employment's trend has not changed with Trump's election. I put up the link to the Stl Fed.

Obama was talking in Ohio about certain manufacturing jobs.

Did Trump say his trade war would hit manufacturing jobs?
not at all. there is no evidence that the trade war impacted manufacturing jobs. give me a link that shows that correlation.

QUOTE="bendog, post: 23785823, member: 42949"]

Mfring employment's trend has not changed with Trump's election. I put up the link to the Stl Fed.[/QUOTE]
QUOTE="jc456, post: 23785270, member: 46512"]

BBYwRGf.img
oh for fk sake.

U.S. enjoys best manufacturing jobs growth of the last 30 years[/QUOTE]

BBYwRGf.img
You left out The Billions we collected in Tarriffs and the fact The Trade War is over and the fact Pelosi sat on The USMCA for an entire year because she was getting nothing done but Impeachment, and wanted to approve USMCA at the 12th hours as if to say, "SEE We actually do something once in a while when we actually feel like it."

You also left out trade numbers for Canada and Mexico, and also left out projections of improved numbers due to China Trade Deal, USMCA, Japan Trade Deal and upcoming UK Trade Deal.

You also left out December PMI numbers, and wage growth numbers for low skilled labor, as well as the overall impact of low unemployment on our economy which set several all time records this year.
so the question that must be asked is this, why is China agreeing with a trade policy if trump's trade war failed? Gotcha!!!!!

BBYwRGf.img

If there is a slump in manufacturing, it is only due to lag time before industry creates or converts to cost effectively filling in the gaps opened by overpricing foreign goods. We used to do more manufacturing right here, and can again. The theory doesn't say you can control price at the foreign production point, but overpricing them to the US market sooner or later will stimulate production to meet demand or the whole exercise is just jacking of the American consumer.

Forum List

Back