Trump's RNC Speech

Bonzi

Diamond Member
May 17, 2015
What as the #1 thing you had a problem with or disagreed with?

(Please only specify ONE you disagreed with most).

He didn't call out Bill for being a lying wife cheater who bangs interns in the workplace soiling dresses and God knows what else.

Too negative without showing a light at the end of the tunnel

I will fix everything without saying how

He actually did mention Bill (but not about that) - I forgot the issue he mentioned..... something about NATO? I feel like an idiot LOL! :)

Too negative without showing a light at the end of the tunnel

I will fix everything without saying how

I found his speech to be hopeful.
Things ARE negative. Some people just can't handle the truth.
He's giving people hope.
If he gets elected, we'll see if he can do the job. No one knows that.....

He didn't call out the cops for what they do. Instead, he basically sided with them, condoned what they do, and totally forgot about the pain, misery, and needless deaths they've caused. He failed to mention the riots and protests that resulted form barbaric and animalistic acts done by cops. He failed to mention the multi-$Millions paid out to settle cases of cop abuse of power and authority. He failed to mention that it's taxpayers' money that's settling those cases. He failed to mention the lack of justice concerning those cases. In other words, according to his speech ( reading between the lines ), he's fine with cops continuing what they're doing, and basically offered to help them continue doing it.

One of the biggest problem in this country is the total lack of justice in our judicial system. And, cops are a prime example of the injustices.

Nothing he said was really objectionable to me, as far as that goes. Considering that he was giving the thumbs up to Erdogan Wednesday, however, every time he said "I am the law and order candidate" I got a little chill. Not the good kind.

He didn't call out the cops for what they do. Instead, he basically sided with them, condoned what they do, and totally forgot about the pain, misery, and needless deaths they've caused. He failed to mention the riots and protests that resulted form barbaric and animalistic acts done by cops. He failed to mention the multi-$Millions paid out to settle cases of cop abuse of power and authority. He failed to mention that it's taxpayers' money that's settling those cases. He failed to mention the lack of justice concerning those cases. In other words, according to his speech ( reading between the lines ), he's fine with cops continuing what they're doing, and basically offered to help them continue doing it.

One of the biggest problem in this country is the total lack of justice in our judicial system. And, cops are a prime example of the injustices.

What's the bigger problem right now?
Violence BY police? or Violence AGAINST police?

Nothing he said was really objectionable to me, as far as that goes. Considering that he was giving the thumbs up to Erdogan Wednesday, however, every time he said "I am the law and order candidate" I got a little chill. Not the good kind.

I like law and order
God is a God of order
Rules must be followed. It doesn't have to be "big brother"- ish.
Just make sure we enforce the laws we already have e.g. immigration laws etc.

The fact that he gave the speech and is the nominee is something I have a serious problem with.

It is an indication there is something wrong (and corrupt) about the current system.
Is he the answer? Maybe and probably not.
But he's a conduit - or could be - to a better way.

He needs to work on delivery. I'm sure he doesn't continually shout like that at board meetings. Between the shouting and Hillary's screeching the debates will be unbearable.

Beyond that, he hit all the salient points quite well, and exquisitely nailed Clinton for the pig she is.

Violence by police cause violence against police. So, it's obvious that cops are bringing it on themselves.
But, the biggest problem concerning that issue, is the total lack of justice. Cops are not held to the same standards as everyone else. If cops had to stand trial for what they do, then we'd see less riots and protests, and less assaults on police officers. Just common sense.

That is true too of politicians
Used to be athletes and celebrities, but less so now.

Look what Hillary is getting away with.

I do not have the statistics on hand on whether police violence is increasing or by what percentages.
There is no excuse for it, but like everything in life, nothing will ever be "perfect".
Police are under a lot of stress, don't get paid that well, can't be "too aggressive" but can't be "too passive".
Understanding what they endure and more strict personality tests I believe are in order

Nope, the problem is that many in this country feel entitled. Even to break the law. Are cops perfect? Nope. Do they make mistakes. Yup.

Rail all you want, without them protecting us, we would be sitting ducks to those that wish to do us harm.

Violence by police cause violence against police. So, it's obvious that cops are bringing it on themselves.
But, the biggest problem concerning that issue, is the total lack of justice. Cops are not held to the same standards as everyone else. If cops had to stand trial for what they do, then we'd see less riots and protests, and less assaults on police officers. Just common sense.

Using your theory, then blacks committing violent acts against other blacks is justification to look the other way when it happens.

The blind will never see

Trump found everything that is scary and told us he will make it unscary fast.

So, if playing on fear is your thing, Trump is your guy. If a little more optimism and confidence is what you seek, Trump, as it turns out, is a very scary guy.

That is true too of politicians
Used to be athletes and celebrities, but less so now.

Look what Hillary is getting away with.

I do not have the statistics on hand on whether police violence is increasing or by what percentages.
There is no excuse for it, but like everything in life, nothing will ever be "perfect".
Police are under a lot of stress, don't get paid that well, can't be "too aggressive" but can't be "too passive".
Understanding what they endure and more strict personality tests I believe are in order

What Hillary is getting away with? Nobody is smart enough to do all the things she has been accused of over the decades without a single indictment. The crazies are just disappointed that their lies didn't work. She hasn't gotten away with anything. Why don't you look at the fact checks for trump's speech last night?
Fact-Check: How Did Trump's Claims Hold Up?

Forum List

Back