Trump's EPA to nullify California's authority on vehicle emissions

More winning!!

The law giving CA the right to make its own standards was passed by Congress and signed by a president. That means the president just can't wave his hand and declare he gets to revoke the law because he doesn't like it. To change that law, Congress would have to pass another law.

Is it that you don't understand this, or is it that you adore the thought of dictatorship so much, you don't care about Constitution-rape?

But then, you are a libertarian, so it's a given that you lust for a daddy-figure to be a supposedly benevolent dictator. Libertarians think that democracy gets in the way of freedom, and they define freedom as "whatever makes me money."

Deniers in general, being authoritarian followers at their core, don't even care about the benevolent part. They just want a dictator, end of story, to get even with all the liberals who humiliated them all of their lives.

Liberals, of course, are for liberty and the Constitution, so they don't support the president-as-dictator thing.

Liberals are for government controlling everything. Liberals are you he ones trying to restrict the 2nd Amendment. Liberals are the ones limiting the freedom to practice ones religion. Liberals are the ones attacking free speech by trying to shut down speakers and radio/tv PE personalities etc. Liberals are NOT for freedom.

Now I'm going to surprise you here. I don't think Trump is right on this. California should have the ability to have higher standards if they want. Californians have the ability to vote for their representatives in their state. They vote for the people they want to pass laws and represent them. So, if they want stricter regulations they should be able to have them. Since air quality regulations are not part of the Constitution they should be able to do what they want.

I loved seeing Trump blocking California from setting strict environmental regulations and the very next week threatening California highway funds because of high levels of air pollution

Could it be that the standards are not uniformly addressed? It does seem odd that California has stricter regulations, bit then has some bad areas that have really poor air quality. Not sure what's happening there.

If you are a car guy living in California, you are so fucked it's not real. Modify your car a smidge, the fuckers out the ready to throw your ass in jail.....so they can lower temps by 0.1 degrees in the next 100 years! What a Godforsaken place to live.....if you like any car except a 2 door Speck, its "Fuck you!". Even cold air intakes are illegal!:ack-1::ack-1::backpedal:

Ghey

The jerkoffs who support these mental case standards stuff dont even realize how it effects the design/development/price of cars sold there!

Watch....soon enough, everybody in that state will be driving a Yaris!:113::113::2up:

HAPPY NOW!!!

Forum List

Back