Trump's CNN Town Hall Highlights

ActionJackson

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 31, 2023
Utah
I was surprised that Trump got a standing ovation at the CNN Town Hall Meeting. He was met with cheers and a very positive audience. This may be the first time in history that CNN didn't handpick a bunch of angry lunatics to fill the chairs. Anyway, NTD News offers some of the highlights of the event. As expected, the female host attempted some hostility but Trump was able to drown her out (to his credit):

I turned it on for one minute and saw some girl grilling him about the top secret documents they found at Mar el Lago. Her hatred was obvious and her questioning rivaled that of the inquisition or a Nazi camp. If the girl had a weapon, she would have shot Trump on the spot. That's why I turned it off after a minute.

They said at the beginning the audience was comprised of republicans and right leaning independents.

I recorded the rerun, in case the wife wanted to see it.
I chose not to watch it with the full expectation that it would be the sort of ambush CNN is known for. I guess CNN is trying to raise viewership, so they had to swallow a red pill (just this once).

I turned it on for one minute and saw some girl grilling him about the top secret documents they found at Mar el Lago. Her hatred was obvious and her questioning rivaled that of the inquisition or a Nazi camp. If the girl had a weapon, she would have shot Trump on the spot. That's why I turned it off after a minute.
These rabid leftists are so high-strung with hatred for Trump that they've developed tunnel vision. Nevertheless … it appeared that Trump did a pretty good job of explaining that situation. Too bad that same hate-filled Trump-hater doesn't expend just as much energy grilling Biden over his stolen, top-secret documents. Won't happen though. You can cut their hypocrisy with a meat cleaver.

These rabid leftists are so high-strung with hatred for Trump that they've developed tunnel vision. Nevertheless … it appeared that Trump did a pretty good job of explaining that situation. Too bad that same hate-filled Trump-hater doesn't expend just as much energy grilling Biden over his stolen, top-secret documents. Won't happen though. You can cut their hypocrisy with a meat cleaver.
Yeah, I was surprised that CNN even did the town hall. That, in itself, is an improvement. And from the tape, it appears much better than the random minute I tuned into. I'm cheering for free speech wherever it comes from. I don't see FOX doing anything like that. Maybe they're waiting for Chris Wallace to return. Eff the Murdocks. MAGA

Yeah, I was surprised that CNN even did the town hall. That, in itself, is an improvement. And from the tape, it appears much better than the random minute I tuned into. I'm cheering for free speech wherever it comes from. I don't see FOX doing anything like that. Maybe they're waiting for Chris Wallace to return. Eff the Murdocks. MAGA
As much as I love Kayleigh McEnany, FAUX is losing viewership by the millions. When Kayleigh first took Tucker's spot, she Tweeted an invite to everyone to go watch her show. 100% of the responses were “NO.” Everyone said that they really like her, but they're done with FAUX.

I'll be interested to see what the rating are comparing the Trump Town Hall compared to FAUX's viewership during the same time slot.

This is not the first time these two have met, they know of eachother.

It isn't like she is a lefty.

:eusa_think:

Nope, the whole thing smells like another con to me.

1683800697177.png

Collins: ‘What’s The Point Of Me Being Here If I’m Going To Ask The Same Question As Jim Acosta?’ [VIDEO]​

". . . White House tell you what to ask?”

“I can’t decide if it’s offensive or laughable because they are probably talking to the White House more than I am.”

“No, I don’t think he should only call on conservative outlets — I think he should call on the whole room — but I don’t think there was this hand-wringing over who the president was calling on when Barack Obama refused to call on Fox News and only called on left-leaning outlets,” she continued. “No one was going on TV saying the fix was in then. It’s just because it’s a conservative outlet, and they’re not used to The Daily Caller getting a question.”

“They’re offended because the question they wanted answered didn’t get asked,” the Alabama native stated. “I wasn’t aware that we were all supposed to go in there and ask the same question.”

I was surprised that Trump got a standing ovation at the CNN Town Hall Meeting. He was met with cheers and a very positive audience. This may be the first time in history that CNN didn't handpick a bunch of angry lunatics to fill the chairs. Anyway, NTD News offers some of the highlights of the event. As expected, the female host attempted some hostility but Trump was able to drown her out (to his credit):

CNN found some cult members. Who is it that said he loves the poorly educated? I don`t need to know how much money you sent the grifter.

You might have missed the moment where he called her "nasty".

She was.

That was the whole point of the exercise. What's-her-name being a nasty media whore as her bosses desperately prayed for viewers.

I chose not to watch it with the full expectation that it would be the sort of ambush CNN is known for. I guess CNN is trying to raise viewership, so they had to swallow a red pill (just this once).

Approximately 50% of the time they spent on air was the leftist vermin asking the same questions over and over and over and over, in an attempt to get President Trump to answer one way or another, and both potential answers spelled trouble.

Ambush.

I want CNN to give me back that time. I could have been watching Green Acres and drifting off to peaceful sleep.

What's-her-name being a nasty media whore
Misogyny lurks over their in Trumpistan. It is a defining characteristic of Trump's "base". As we see in the quote above.

My own personal opinion is that Collins, the host, wasn't strong enough or assertive enough to insert herself into his monologues.
She allowed him---not always, but too often ---to interrupt her, dismissively wave her away. And he was able to do that without consequences.

Now, to be sure the tired tidal wave of lies and conspiracies was too much for any moderator to fac-check real-time. Still, she is a well prepared reporter.
She could have been more emphatic and not allowed his dismissals without remonstrance or correction.

She did insists, several times, that he could not repeat and repeat his lie about a stolen election and fraudulent ballots. But he continued.
"He can lie about presidential documents; he can lie about his impeachments; he can lie about his record in office; and there is nothing an impeccably prepared interviewer can do to prevent any of it.
She can rebut him, correct him, interrupt him and otherwise battle with him over every point, but that’s no match for ceaseless mendacity."

So, what we saw was the sam ol', same ol'. Trump is who is and Trump is who he was. No Trump v.2.0 for us.
The hand-picked Republican audience (why in God's name, CNN allowed that...is beyond me)....was on his side from the beginning, and cheered and applauded him.
But that, in some cases, made them look venal and mean-spirited, and, in the case of their laughter at the sexual-assault victim, EJean Carrol, it made them look misogynistic and cruel.

I am disappointed that CNN allowed this serial liar, serial adulterer, and serial sexual predator to have 70 minutes to do his tired old whirl&twirl of conspiracies and mendacious .self-serving lies.

On the other hand, we all saw the chaos once again that typified Don Trump's earlier campaigns and his single term in office. That plays very well to Trump's TrumpLove base....that
they see no flaws in this man's character, demeanor or behavior. He's their Paladin, and nothing.....nothing....will change that. But the rest of America saw the old Don Trump once again.
The Don Trump that twice lost the popular vote, that lost the 2018 mid-terms, that lost the 2020 mid-terms, that lost the Senate, that lost his 2020 national elecition.
And America once again saw why he lost. And why he is unqualified and unsuited to be the leader of this great nation.

Other than that, I'm pretty neutral on the guy.

IMHO

Surprised? It was a Trumper audience.

They LAUGHED about his conviction as a sexual abuser.

There were no highlights. They were all lowlights

CNN found some cult members. Who is it that said he loves the poorly educated? I don`t need to know how much money you sent the grifter.
Why don't you care about the folks that are poorly educated? Your comment highlights why so many people the vast majority believe your cult has taken us in the wrong direction since gaining power.

Trump, well the GOP and Conservatives in general, care about all Americans.

Some hostility? She was going after Trump from minute one and never stopped. But it was not the crowd for her to score any points. She wound up making a fool out of herself. Trump handled her masterfully. But, I have to say, I was very extremely disappointed with CNN. Over the last few months they had me actually believing that they were trying to go down a new road of being fair and balanced, unlike who they had been before. But, instead, they assigned a big anti-Trumper to being the moderator, exposing the fact that they have not changed their stripes one bit. I went into the night expecting that she was going to be unbiased and fair but it might just as well have been Schumer or Pelosi as the moderator. A moderator, any moderator, should be unbiased and fair, otherwise, then what is the point?

Forum List

Back