Trumps base - Authoritarian and anti democratic conspiracy theorists

When he does any of those things please let us know.

The CDC knee capped itself by providing contradictory information over and over again, in the middle of a pandemic.

When he finally gets around to doing something even remotely totalitarian, could you please let us know....over 3 years now and we are still waiting.

Meanwhile, obama used the IRS to deny tax exempt status to conservative groups before an election. He went after journalists and spied on them..... He used the FBI, CIA, DOJ and STate department to get illegal FISA warrants to spy on Trump and his people and then rail roaded General Flynn and several other Trump associates with fake charges........

So...of the two, obama was the authoritarian, and we still have 4 months for Trump to actually do something authoritarian.....
Yeah, I don't blame you for ignoring the obvious parallels.

Look, you folks are what you are. Be proud. Enjoy your time.

Yeah, I don't blame you for ignoring the obvious parallels.

Look, you folks are what you are. Be proud. Enjoy your time.

Hmmmm...odd, in your response you still failed to point to one authoritarian thing he has done......while I listed several by obama.....

Still waiting for even one from Trump.......

Hmmmm...odd, in your response you still failed to point to one authoritarian thing he has done......while I listed several by obama.....

Still waiting for even one from Trump.......
Well, I did, but you denied it. This is why I don't bother playing this game with nutters.

isF1RQx.jpg

I don’t even know why Trumpers are denying the OP’s contention. Trumpers undoubtedly have an authoritarian streak.

They proudly state they would vote for Putin over a Democrat.
They mock Merkel and praise Orban.
Trumpers routinely seek to undermine our election process by promulgating lies of voter fraud.
Trumpers have a cult of personality around Trump himself, and constantly put Trump above the constitution and rule of law.
Trumpers live in a dark and fearful world where enemies and conspiracies lurk everywhere: see Q-Anon and OAN.

These are only for starters.

Yes, there is a malignant authoritarian streak that runs through Trumpism. Hopefully In November this Trumpist cancer will be excised or at least put in remission from our body politic.

I don't get involved with conspiracy theories. The lizard men who run the New World Order won't let me.

zGLRbOj__400x400.jpg

When he does any of those things please let us know.

The CDC knee capped itself by providing contradictory information over and over again, in the middle of a pandemic.

When he finally gets around to doing something even remotely totalitarian, could you please let us know....over 3 years now and we are still waiting.

Meanwhile, obama used the IRS to deny tax exempt status to conservative groups before an election. He went after journalists and spied on them..... He used the FBI, CIA, DOJ and STate department to get illegal FISA warrants to spy on Trump and his people and then rail roaded General Flynn and several other Trump associates with fake charges........

So...of the two, obama was the authoritarian, and we still have 4 months for Trump to actually do something authoritarian.....
This post proves the OPs point..in spades.

I don’t even know why Trumpers are denying the OP’s contention. Trumpers undoubtedly have an authoritarian streak.

They proudly state they would vote for Putin over a Democrat.
They mock Merkel and praise Orban.
Trumpers routinely seek to undermine our election process by promulgating lies of voter fraud.
Trumpers have a cult of personality around Trump himself, and constantly put Trump above the constitution and rule of law.
Trumpers live in a dark and fearful world where enemies and conspiracies lurk everywhere: see Q-Anon and OAN.

These are only for starters.

Yes, there is a malignant authoritarian streak that runs through Trumpism. Hopefully In November this Trumpist cancer will be excised or at least put in remission from our body politic.
The parallels with historical authoritarians are a little too obvious, so they do what hardcore partisan ideologues do when faced with the obvious:

Just deny.

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW

We have mobs murdering people in the streets, while the mayors order the cops to stand down, and people that defend themselves get arrested.

The "fear of internal threats to stability" cited in the op, was not a sign of "Authoritarianism" but a sign of recognizing a very real threat, that has since manifested and is KILLING PEOPLE IN THE STREETS RIGHT NOW.

The parallels with historical authoritarians are a little too obvious, so they do what hardcore partisan ideologues do when faced with the obvious:

Just deny.

We have mobs murdering people in the streets, while the mayors order the cops to stand down, and people that defend themselves get arrested.

The "fear of internal threats to stability" cited in the op, was not a sign of "Authoritarianism" but a sign of recognizing a very real threat, that has since manifested and is KILLING PEOPLE IN THE STREETS RIGHT NOW.

Well, I did, but you denied it. This is why I don't bother playing this game with nutters.

isF1RQx.jpg

Hmmmm.....still no examples.

Obama?

Meanwhile, obama used the IRS to deny tax exempt status to conservative groups before an election. He went after journalists and actually spied on them..... He used the FBI, CIA, DOJ and STate department to get illegal FISA warrants to spy on Trump and his people and then rail roaded General Flynn and several other Trump associates with fake charges........

And I will now throw in obama prosecuting government whistle blowers...

Criticism of Mr. Obama’s stance on press freedom, government transparency and secrecy is hotly disputed by the White House, but many journalism groups say the record is clear. Over the past eight years, the administration has prosecuted nine cases involving whistle-blowers and leakers, compared with only three by all previous administrations combined. It has repeatedly used the Espionage Act, a relic of World War I-era red-baiting, not to prosecute spies but to go after government officials who talked to journalists.
-----

Under Mr. Obama, the Justice Department and the F.B.I. have spied on reporters by monitoring their phone records, labeled one journalist an unindicted co-conspirator in a criminal case for simply doing reporting and issued subpoenas to other reporters to try to force them to reveal their sources and testify in criminal cases.
I experienced this pressure firsthand when the administration tried to compel me to testify to reveal my confidential sources in a criminal leak investigation. The Justice Department finally relented — even though it had already won a seven-year court battle that went all the way to the Supreme Court to force me to testify — most likely because they feared the negative publicity that would come from sending a New York Times reporter to jail.

So....when Trump does any of that, please get back to us.........

Thanks for proving the OP’s point about irrational fear.

Group pathology. That's what has enabled authoritarians throughout history. One person, by themselves, can't do shit. It's those who enable them who cause the harm.
Absolutely. These folks would follow Trump into the abyss. Evidence of that is all around us.

isF1RQx.jpg

Do you mean your post #12 in this thread?

These are people who adore and idolize a brash, arrogant, pugilistic nationalist who promises to save the country by ridding it of millions of undesirables.

They cheer when he eliminates people he perceives as enemies, anyone who steps out of line. They even like it when he kneecaps the freaking CDC in the middle of a disease crisis.

Ring any bells, over there in Europe? Trumpism is arrogant, bigoted, paranoid authoritarianism. The world has seen it before. We didn't learn.

Those aren't examples, those are opinions......examples would be concrete actions that the alleged "authoritarian" took that would be above the rule of law.....I cited many examples....concrete examples, of what obama did....you just gave your opinion...........

Ring any bells?

The most constructive thing we can do right now is learn from this. Consider it a cautionary tale.

The problem is that we hadn't already fucking learned it, and we should have.

Still no examples......waiting.

The most constructive thing we can do right now is learn from this. Consider it a cautionary tale.

The problem is that we hadn't already fucking learned it, and we should have.

Forum List

Back