Trump Wins At SCOTUS...Constitutional Prejections Remain!

Roberts also doesn't like is hearing the same case twice. Look at his abortion law ruling that he said was the same as the one in texas, which they overturned 3 years earlier. That's why he switched sides (vs the texas case) to overturn the new law, thus invalidating the change in the court by Trumps appointees Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.
Nope to the first part
Yep to the 2nd part

WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Monday struck down a Louisiana law that could have left the state with a single abortion clinic, dashing the hopes of conservatives who were counting on President Trump’s appointments to lead the court to sustain restrictions on abortion rights and, eventually, to overrule Roe v. Wade.

Instead, conservatives suffered a setback, and from an unlikely source. Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. added his crucial fifth vote to those of the court’s four-member liberal wing, saying that respect for precedent compelled him to do so, even though he had voted to uphold an essentially identical Texas law in a 2016 dissent.

Both rulings were good...it was nice to see 7-2 in each. The NY made clear that the president does not have unlimited immunity, the other suggested that Cogressional authority is not a fishing license.

Both rulings were good...it was nice to see 7-2 in each. The NY made clear that the president does not have unlimited immunity, the other suggested that Cogressional authority is not a fishing license.
As I said before. John Roberts has his name on the court. He doesn't want it to be viewed as partisan.

This. But at the same time, I have to ask, why is Trump so afraid of people seeing his tax returns? I think it's because they'll show he's a failure (making money wise). If he was fudging them, the IRS and SEC would have already cored him out.
That blows his entire persona.

As I said before. John Roberts has his name on the court. He doesn't want it to be viewed as partisan.
True, but it was 7-2, more than Roberts.

This. But at the same time, I have to ask, why is Trump so afraid of people seeing his tax returns? I think it's because they'll show he's a failure (making money wise). If he was fudging them, the IRS and SEC would have already cored him out.
Whatever Trump did or did not do was before he became President. What about the people elected who have become multi millionaires and even richer?

Actually the problem isn't his tax returns by themselves.

Trumps problem is that like the guy with two sets of books, he used one set for the IRS, and the other set for bank loans.

Both the IRS and banks individually don't have a problem with the set of books Trump used. It's the perjury of the two sets of books not matching.

Whatever Trump did or did not do was before he became President. What about the people elected who have become multi millionaires and even richer?

Every political candidate running for national office since the early 80s has disclosed their tax records willingly. It's done to put off the appearance of conflict of interest. Both Republicans and Democrats have done it. Then, along comes Trump. So...why won't he? Simple explanation. He's a money losing fraud that's up to his ears in corruption. And after all the bluster and pomp, people will know he's a bloviating fraud.

Pin..meet the balloon of Trump devotion. :)

Are you referring to Trumps millions from foreign emoluments?

Why do they want his tax returns?

Why didn't Trump just release them like he promised?

1. Because he's a lying liar, and life sometimes isn't fair.
2. For what reason might any supposed 'billionaire' refuse to release their returns?

I wouldn't want to release mine either. (not that I'm a billionaire.) But then again, I would if I had promised to and I would understand why the country would want to know from a presidential candidate. So I would do it or not run.

I wouldn't want to release mine either. (not that I'm a billionaire.) But then again, I would if I had promised to and I would understand why the country would want to know from a presidential candidate. So I would do it or not run.
That's exactly what happened to Howard Stern. He wanted to run for governor of New York, until he found out he'd have to release his tax returns, financial disclosures and he didn't want his fans to know the truth about how much money he made off them.

Last edited:
If he was fudging them, the IRS and SEC would have already cored him out.
Not necessarily true. We already know he has claimed different values for his properties on taxes vs loan apps. Also, their investigative powers are limited. If LLCs were being used to launder money, that is not something the IRS would necessarily find or investigate.

Why do they want his tax returns?

Why didn't Trump just release them like he promised?

1. Because he's a lying liar, and life sometimes isn't fair.
2. For what reason might any supposed 'billionaire' refuse to release their returns?

Okay, but try not to internalize the second question to much. It was more rhetorical. Post #252 pretty much nails it.

Actually the problem isn't his tax returns by themselves.

Trumps problem is that like the guy with two sets of books, he used one set for the IRS, and the other set for bank loans.

Both the IRS and banks individually don't have a problem with the set of books Trump used. It's the perjury of the two sets of books not matching.
And the activity of the LLCs, which will require State or Federal authorities to uncover.

And the activity of the LLCs, which will require State or Federal authorities to uncover.
The LLCs are more like Trumps charity, or Trump University. Those were just pure frauds set up to launder money through.
Correct. Thats the "layering" aspect of money laundering.

The authorities know he has laundered and probably still is laundering criminal russian money.

Forum List

Back