Trump will invade Syria

GaryDog

Gold Member
Feb 10, 2016
Tillerson says coalition forming to target Assad, Trump hearing military options

Even despite his support of Obama's restraint in 2013, and even despite his own constant campaign slogans of "America First."

The "America First" president will entangle us in the Syrian war, create a geo-political nightmare that's far over his own head, and ultimately make life more miserable for all involved (including our defense budget, the Syrian civilians, relations with Russia, et al).

Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said Thursday that “steps are underway” on an international coalition to pressure Bashar Assad from power, as President Trump was being briefed on military options for Syria – though what specific steps the U.S. and its allies might take in response to the latest deadly chemical weapons attack remained unclear.
America’s top diplomat addressed the Syria crisis a day after Trump declared in the Rose Garden that the chemical strike would not be tolerated. Tillerson pointedly said Russia should “consider carefully” its support for the Assad regime, while calling for an international effort to defeat ISIS in Syria, stabilize the country and ultimately work with partners through a political process that leads to Assad leaving power.
It really doesn't sound like war is imminent.

Tillerson says coalition forming to target Assad, Trump hearing military options

Even despite his support of Obama's restraint in 2013, and even despite his own constant campaign slogans of "America First."

The "America First" president will entangle us in the Syrian war, create a geo-political nightmare that's far over his own head, and ultimately make life more miserable for all involved (including our defense budget, the Syrian civilians, relations with Russia, et al).

"create a geo-political nightmare"

The Geo-Political nightmare was already created by GWB, Tony Blair with Iraq and Afghanistan and then continued by Obama with Syria and Libya, so this isn't Trumps fault, although those with TDS - Trump Derangement Syndrome MUST of course blame Trump for the crap that's been thrown into his lap - the whole nightmare was created by GWB, Tony Blair and extended by Obama.

If they had only done a NO FLY ZONE strategy for the specific region a few months back, then Syrians or Russians could not have dropped the Saran gas bombs.... :(

Oh, and I know this is going to sound dumb and truly it is dumb because I am totally ignorant on the topic...

But could someone explain to me on a kindergartner level so I can understand,

What is going on in Syria? Who is who, who is fighting whom? Who do we the USA call the bad guys? and call the good guys? Why are they all fighting against each other? What does each faction fighting want? Why is it so easy for them to kill other Syrians?

If they had only done a NO FLY ZONE strategy for the specific region a few months back, then Syrians or Russians could not have dropped the Saran gas bombs.... :(

Oh, and I know this is going to sound dumb and truly it is dumb because I am totally ignorant on the topic...

What is going on in Syria? Who is who, who is fighting whom? Who do we the USA call the bad guys? and call the good guys? Why are they all fighting against each other? What does each faction fighting want? Why is it so easy for them to kill other Syrians?
Precisely why we shouldnt be there

"create a geo-political nightmare"

The Geo-Political nightmare was already created by GWB, Tony Blair with Iraq and Afghanistan and then continued by Obama with Syria and Libya, so this isn't Trumps fault, although those with TDS - Trump Derangement Syndrome MUST of course blame Trump for the crap that's been thrown into his lap - the whole nightmare was created by GWB, Tony Blair and extended by Obama.

thanks Lucy-----Monday morning quarter-back

I've read several accounts but I couldn't answer your question. Its a fubar beyond any sane persons logic. Ultimately, russia wants the leviathon fields. Syria is just a staging ground.

Trump is a fucking FOOL !

a jet jockey sitting at a desk with a coke in one hand, and a joystick in the other watching a computer screen could put an end to Assad and never leave Edwards AFB.

one pilot, one drone, one missile.

That has yet to be seen. I hope he doesn't start this. Nothing good will come from it

I will give this a shot this started off as part of the Arab Spring when there were uprisings in Yemen, Libya, and Egypt at the start it was what was called pro democracy rebels who would have been considered the good guys trying to overthrow Assad.Over time ISIS got into the movement and statred taking it over. When ISIS went into Iraq the pro democracy group was weakened enough for Assad to beat them down and destroy them that now leaves just Assad and ISIS trying to control Syria Assad wants control of Syria back ISIS wants to use Syria and whatever else it can take hold to from an Islamic State. The killing each other usually is the result of the hatred between religious sects that has been going for hundreds if not thousands of years.

Obama showed no restraint in 2012, he was simply outsmarted by Putin, just as he was outsmarted by Rouhani. Had Obama found a pair of balls and followed McCain's advice he could have ended the slaughter years ago, kept Russia and Iran out of Syria and saved hundreds of thousands of lives without any significant risk to our forces.

If President Trump decides to take military action to bring down Assad, it won't be an invasion but simply an air attack to destroy the necessary infrastructure to keep Assad's air force on the ground. There will still be very little risk to our forces. There are plans to send US ground forces into Syria, but not to fight Assad but to fight ISIS. Handled correctly this is an opportunity to get US Russian relations back on the right track and to prevent a massive ME war that is sure to follow Iran digging in in Syria and Lebanon.

Obama showed no restraint in 2012, he was simply outsmarted by Putin, just as he was outsmarted by Rouhani. Had Obama found a pair of balls and followed McCain's advice he could have ended the slaughter years ago, kept Russia and Iran out of Syria and saved hundreds of thousands of lives without any significant risk to our forces.

If President Trump decides to take military action to bring down Assad, it won't be an invasion but simply an air attack to destroy the necessary infrastructure to keep Assad's air force on the ground. There will still be very little risk to our forces. There are plans to send US ground forces into Syria, but not to fight Assad but to fight ISIS. Handled correctly this is an opportunity to get US Russian relations back on the right track and to prevent a massive ME war that is sure to follow Iran digging in in Syria and Lebanon.
if we take out Assad before ISIS is taken out, ISIS will fill the vacuum imo...:-(

Obama showed no restraint in 2012, he was simply outsmarted by Putin, just as he was outsmarted by Rouhani. Had Obama found a pair of balls and followed McCain's advice he could have ended the slaughter years ago,

The truth is that when Republicans were screaming do something Obama asked them to authorize war. Called their bluff and they folded because theit only position was to want the opposite of anything Obama did.

If Obama acted alone Republicans would've cried about that too.

if we take out Assad before ISIS is taken out, ISIS will fill the vacuum imo...:-(
No, as we see in Iraq, with the US providing air support, the other rebels will be able to take down ISIS. The proper order is to take down Assad, then ISIS and then try to enlist other nations to support some sort of reorganization in Syria. Of course, this supposes we reach some sort of agreement with Russia on this.

Forum List

Back