Trump Went Weeks Without An Intel Briefing As He Feasted On Election Conspiracies At The End Of His Term: CIA Report

Presidents typically read their daily intelligence report and receive occasional briefings from a CIA officer, but Trump famously preferred in-person briefings that featured lots of pictures and frequent mentions of his own name, but the agency revealed that Trump spent only two days a week receiving sensitive information in sessions that lasted about 45 minutes.

That came to a halt in late 2020, however, according to the CIA’s 'Getting to Know the President' book, written by a revered former inspector general at the agency, John Helgerson," The Daily Beast reported.

"Trump took a vacation break over the holidays when he traveled to Mar-a-Lago and told his briefer 'he would see her later,' Helgerson wrote," according to the report. "The president then went two weeks without that pivotal one-on-one update, unlike his predecessor, former President Barack Obama, who was known to read the daily report even while vacationing in Hawaii."

So our national security was in danger, with no security briefings for over a month.

What makes you think the security apparatus including the CIA was loyal to their President? And what makes you think they actually knew anything? President Obama, when discussing with the media about breaking international affairs always pointed out that he just "read about it in the papers, like they did".

The President relied on his own international friends to go abroad and get the straight dope. He , for obvious reasons, held the analysis of fellows like Rudy and Jared in higher regard.

Presidents typically read their daily intelligence report and receive occasional briefings from a CIA officer, but Trump famously preferred in-person briefings that featured lots of pictures and frequent mentions of his own name, but the agency revealed that Trump spent only two days a week receiving sensitive information in sessions that lasted about 45 minutes.

That came to a halt in late 2020, however, according to the CIA’s 'Getting to Know the President' book, written by a revered former inspector general at the agency, John Helgerson," The Daily Beast reported.

"Trump took a vacation break over the holidays when he traveled to Mar-a-Lago and told his briefer 'he would see her later,' Helgerson wrote," according to the report. "The president then went two weeks without that pivotal one-on-one update, unlike his predecessor, former President Barack Obama, who was known to read the daily report even while vacationing in Hawaii."

So our national security was in danger, with no security briefings for over a month.

And holy shit, he ran the country better than xiden!

Who knew!

How old are you? They tried reducing his briefings to bullets and graphs and power point presentations. Trump is a fact free guy..

He already said he knew more than his generals, lawyers, doctors etc. because he has a "big brain". That's why he bombed at Wharton, why so many of his businesses failed from lack of due diligence and why he lost to Biden. He tried to run the same campaign as he had in 2015 and have his superspreader rallies during a pandemic.

Trump is dumb and can't read.

According to you and the CIA.

Have you always believed everything the CIA says, or is it just because you both hate Trump?

Yeah, he did. In spite of the political class attacks.
Trump is universally acknowledged as our worst modern President and one of the worst of all time.

But then again, few Presidents would handle a pandemic so ineptly and none would launch an attack on the Capitol to block Congress from certifying the election

OK…why does it matter when he is no longer president and our country is falling apart under this “great Uniter”?
Already covered: presidents are historical.

Also, he still has a death grip on the GOP and the brains of about 30 million cultists.

Already covered: presidents are historical.

Also, he still has a death grip on the GOP and the brains of about 30 million cultists.
By cultists you mean tax paying supporters like myself. I hardly would call myself a “cultist” but it just makes you feel better by broad brushing his supporters under a pejorative. So sickening.

It's behavioral. You can figure it out. Or don't. You asked, I answered. I feel no compulsion to write a manifesto for you.
I asked for a sentence or two to explain what you mean by “cultist”. You seem to be avoiding the question? So I am not a “cultist”? Your words. Why won’t you stand behind them?

One can't help but think the intelligent officials felt a bit of relief that Trump not only didn't demand these briefings, but also did not care. Yes, surely they would have preferred a concerned, informed president.

But that isn't what they had. They had an ignorant, careless president whose allegiances were dubious and mysterious. They were probably glad they weren't feeding him too much sensitive info, as they likely did not trust him with it.

This does not insult me. It does make you seem like a simpleton.
You won't stand behind your statement so you're a dumb leftist. No matter how much you cut my original post. Just admit you called me a Trump "cultist" and then explain why I am one. Pretty simple. Even for you.

Forum List

Back