Trump wants the GOP to be tougher defending him

Sandy Shanks

Gold Member
Jul 10, 2018
The Hill writes, "President Trump on Monday urged Republicans to offer him a tougher defense on impeachment amid a few signs of GOP discontent with his administration.

"At a Cabinet meeting, Trump praised Democratic unity while criticizing his own party for not sticking together.

"Trump said Republicans have to "get tougher and fight" to counteract Democrats pursuing an impeachment inquiry."

This is similar to another analogy Trump makes. Trump often depicts legitimate claims against him as an attack on America or our Constitution. He does not want his Republican colleagues in the Senate thinking the recent criticisms are about him. He wants them to think attacks on his performance is an attack on the Republican Party. He needs the Senate Republicans to exonerate him in an impeachment trial.

Of course, this may be difficult IF the Trump Republicans grow a pair.

Recently, he extorted foreign intervention into our Presidential election, incredibly right after the Mueller Report detailed foreign intervention in our 2016 Presidential election on Trump's behalf. Trump held back nearly $400 billion in military aid approved by Congress, and asked the Ukrainian president "for a favor." He wanted the Ukrainians to investigate his political rival, Joe Biden.

Then Trump's acting chief of staff Mulvaney admitted that quid pro quo was used for that purpose. All of sudden, the main defense used by Trump, Trump's colleagues in Congress, and Trump's commentators on conservative media goes up in smoke.

A rather large number of current and former White House advisors are lined up to testify against Trump in the impeachment inquiry.

The Kurds did the fighting and dying while destroying the ISIS caliphate in Syria. Trump ordered the abandonment of that ally. He then orchestrated The Pause with Turkey, which was virtually America's unconditional surrender, giving Erdogan everything he wanted and conceding nothing.

Erdogan will meet with Putin tomorrow to determine the next step.

Hundreds of Kurds have been killed and thousands have been forced to leave their homes. Trump, who wants stronger efforts from GOP, responds by saying, The Kurds are “much safer” now. He also said his agreement with Erdogan saved lives.

His policy in Syria now is very confusing. CBS reported, "Pentagon had developed a plan that would let them keep about 200 soldiers in eastern Syria to help SDF units protect oil fields — to prevent the lucrative infrastructure falling into the hands of ISIS militants."

This reduced force of 200 is tasked with protecting the oil fields from Assad's Syrian national army, supported by the Russians, and fight the ISIS terrorists all over again with the help of the SDF.

The SDF are the Kurds Trump betrayed. They were the ones throwing rotten potatoes and rocks at retreating Americans.

Currently, Republicans are at a loss to defend Trump on either of these two issues, Ukraine and Syria. Essentially, Trump's chief of staff contradicted him on quid pro quo regarding the Ukraine issue, and his secretary of defense contradicted him in Syria.

The only question is, does Trump's incompetence warrant removal from office. A majority of Americans think so.

• Banned
Trump and the few Republicans who try to defend him in the impeachment inquiry completely avoid the evidence against Trump and falsely characterize the process of the House impeachment inquiry. Let's begin with Trump himself.

“So some day, if a Democrat becomes President and the Republicans win the House, even by a tiny margin, they can impeach the President, without due process or fairness or any legal rights,” Trump wrote Tuesday on Twitter. “All Republicans must remember what they are witnessing here — a lynching. But we will WIN!” Trump tweeted.

This is quite representative of Trump's tweets and statements regarding impeachment. He never addresses the evidence against him which has been provided by the White House as well as current and former White House advisors. He never has explained what he means by the absence of due process. For that mater, neither have Republicans who use the same reasoning.

Is Trump willing to come forward in the hearings to face his accusers? Of course not, so what are Trump and his Republican defenders talking about? They never say.

Republicans defending Trump will not deal with the evidence against Trump. All condemned him for his language. “Given the history of our country, I would not compare this to a lynching,” Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) told reporters Tuesday. “That was an unfortunate choice of words.”

Sen. Tim Scott (R-S.C.), the lone African-American GOP senator had this say after criticizing Trump for his language, “This is the political version of a death row trial. The president is up in arms in anger about it. He’s putting his political life on trial. His comments reflect it.” No mention of the evidence.

“This is a lynching in every sense. This is un-American,” Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) told reporters at the Capitol, calling the impeachment process “a sham” and a “joke.”

“It’s not just racial, my friend. I’m from South Carolina. I understand it very well. Here’s what you don’t get. Mob rule is what lynching is all about. You grab somebody because you don’t like them,” Graham said. “This is what happened to Kavanaugh: You’re guilty unless you can prove yourself innocent.”

Graham has defended Trump many times. Not once has he dealt with the evidence.

"The connotation the president is carrying forward is a political mob seeking an outcome regardless of facts. And that I think is an objectively true description of what is happening in the House right now," so says Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) who completely avoided the facts.

In my research for this report, I could not find many Republicans who were willing to defend Trump. The evidence against him is substantial and getting more so each and every day. In response, Republicans have only meaningless rhetoric.

trump-mean-face.jpg

Do a better job defending me or I will lynch you at one of my Nuremberg rallies!

It's unbelievable elected republicans learned nothing after the democrats tried to destroy Kavanaugh. If it weren't for TRUMP Kavanaugh wouldn't be on the SCOUTS, the voters know this.

Some republican politicians will stick with Trump to the end because they have already worked so hard trying to justify Trump's lies and crimes, and it's too late for them to claim they were unaware of unethical behavior. Many haven't gone that far yet. Those have to decide if they will take this last chance to distance themselves from him, or share what ever outcome Trump finds. Big decisions being considered right now.

The Hill writes, "President Trump on Monday urged Republicans to offer him a tougher defense on impeachment amid a few signs of GOP discontent with his administration.

"At a Cabinet meeting, Trump praised Democratic unity while criticizing his own party for not sticking together.

"Trump said Republicans have to "get tougher and fight" to counteract Democrats pursuing an impeachment inquiry."

This is similar to another analogy Trump makes. Trump often depicts legitimate claims against him as an attack on America or our Constitution. He does not want his Republican colleagues in the Senate thinking the recent criticisms are about him. He wants them to think attacks on his performance is an attack on the Republican Party. He needs the Senate Republicans to exonerate him in an impeachment trial.

Of course, this may be difficult IF the Trump Republicans grow a pair.

Recently, he extorted foreign intervention into our Presidential election, incredibly right after the Mueller Report detailed foreign intervention in our 2016 Presidential election on Trump's behalf. Trump held back nearly $400 billion in military aid approved by Congress, and asked the Ukrainian president "for a favor." He wanted the Ukrainians to investigate his political rival, Joe Biden.

Then Trump's acting chief of staff Mulvaney admitted that quid pro quo was used for that purpose. All of sudden, the main defense used by Trump, Trump's colleagues in Congress, and Trump's commentators on conservative media goes up in smoke.

A rather large number of current and former White House advisors are lined up to testify against Trump in the impeachment inquiry.

The Kurds did the fighting and dying while destroying the ISIS caliphate in Syria. Trump ordered the abandonment of that ally. He then orchestrated The Pause with Turkey, which was virtually America's unconditional surrender, giving Erdogan everything he wanted and conceding nothing.

Erdogan will meet with Putin tomorrow to determine the next step.

Hundreds of Kurds have been killed and thousands have been forced to leave their homes. Trump, who wants stronger efforts from GOP, responds by saying, The Kurds are “much safer” now. He also said his agreement with Erdogan saved lives.

His policy in Syria now is very confusing. CBS reported, "Pentagon had developed a plan that would let them keep about 200 soldiers in eastern Syria to help SDF units protect oil fields — to prevent the lucrative infrastructure falling into the hands of ISIS militants."

This reduced force of 200 is tasked with protecting the oil fields from Assad's Syrian national army, supported by the Russians, and fight the ISIS terrorists all over again with the help of the SDF.

The SDF are the Kurds Trump betrayed. They were the ones throwing rotten potatoes and rocks at retreating Americans.

Currently, Republicans are at a loss to defend Trump on either of these two issues, Ukraine and Syria. Essentially, Trump's chief of staff contradicted him on quid pro quo regarding the Ukraine issue, and his secretary of defense contradicted him in Syria.

The only question is, does Trump's incompetence warrant removal from office. A majority of Americans think so.

LMAO Trump doesn't need anyone to defend him. He does a damned fine job of that all by himself.

And for an incompetent he's done a damned fine job.

The economy is doing great. UE is the lowest its been in 50 years and there are jobs all across the country. Not bad for someone you think is incompetent.

He'll win in 2020 and lefty loons like you will four more years to moan, groan complain and get laughed at.

Enjoy. I sure as hell will. LOL

Some republican politicians will stick with Trump to the end because they have already worked so hard trying to justify Trump's lies and crimes, and it's too late for them to claim they were unaware of unethical behavior. Many haven't gone that far yet. Those have to decide if they will take this last chance to distance themselves from him, or share what ever outcome Trump finds. Big decisions being considered right now.

Trump Vs the clown car full of candidates the Dems are offering up?

Trump please

He basically said dems are partisan hacks and he wants repubs to be the same way.

Romney making a fake account to make shit up about Trump. Is this a man or a total bitch?

It is ridiculous. Republicans without balls are useless.

Romney making a fake account to make shit up about Trump. Is this a man or a total bitch?

Why do you not whine about Trump's fake names he used to say good things about himself?

(you do not really need to answer, we all know why)

So, is Romney's fake Twitter account better or worse than Trump's top economic adviser making up a fake name for himself and the fake person as an expert in his books?

So, is Romney's fake Twitter account better or worse than Trump's top economic adviser making up a fake name for himself and the fake person as an expert in his books?

What Romney did is the bitchy kind of move that I see Gator completing every day.

I do not believe you would have a problem with either. Bringing in some no name random person whose relevance is even less sizable than Gator's balls... such a classic bitch move.

I bet Romney is a huge influence to you.

My thought of the matter is secondary to the question of whether there is any original opinion/thought in the opening post or is it completely copy and paste of an article?

My thought of the matter is secondary to the question of whether there is any original opinion/thought in the opening post or is it completely copy and paste of an article?

Seems to be the latter.

What Romney did is the bitchy kind of move that I see Gator completing every day.

I do not believe you would have a problem with either. Bringing in some no name random person whose relevance is even less sizable than Gator's balls... such a classic bitch move.

Peter Navarro has about 1000 times more influence on what happens in the country than does Romney.

How do you make it though life being this ignorant?

Do you have someone help you tie your shoes in the morning or do you just go with the Velcro shoes?

Peter Navarro has about 1000 times more influence on what happens in the country than does Romney.

Do you have someone help you tie your shoes in the morning or do you just go with the Velcro shoes?

After searching and searching Gator found yet a other point on which he could undermine America, and in particular strong males, because he is a weak soy boy.

The answer to your undermining as always is, no, this has no relevance. Go snark somewhere else with your drama. Some more feminine circles where gossip is appreciated is what I recommend.

After searching and searching Gator found yet a other point on which he could undermine America, and in particular strong males, because he is a weak soy boy.

The answer to your undermining as always is, no, this has no relevance. Go snark somewhere else with your drama. Some more feminine circles where gossip is appreciated is what I recommend.

One thing I appreciate about you is that you revel in your ignorance, you wear it like a badge of honor showing all your fellow Trump worshipers that you are in fact more ignorant of the facts than even they are.

One thing I appreciate about you is that you revel in your ignorance, you wear it like a badge of honor showing all your fellow Trump worshipers that you are in fact more ignorant of the facts than even they are.

What a stupid story which no one asked for. Perhaps you should try the international forum for bitchy women?

There is absolutely nothing I appreciate about a gamma male. These people are totally and utterly useless people who constantly get owned yet see themselves as secret kings. Insufferable...

What a stupid story which no one asked for. Perhaps you should try the international forum for bitchy women?

There is absolutely nothing I appreciate about a gamma male. These people are totally and utterly useless people who constantly get owned yet see themselves as secret kings. Insufferable...

:itsok:
:iyfyus.jpg:

Forum List

Back