Trump vows massive new tariffs if elected, risking global economic war

The5thHorseman

Platinum Member
Nov 22, 2022
https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2023/08/22/trump-trade-tariffs/

The former president has floated a 10 percent tax on all foreign imports, calling for a “ring around the collar” of the U.S. economy. Economists of both parties say the proposal is extremely dangerous

Suggesting that the use of "ring around the collar" in this context is so idiotic as to beggar the imagination may be indisputable, but as the objective truth triggers unusual reactions in some, I won't. I will only remind people of the judgement of Donald Trump's Chief Economic Advisor

Bombs Away: Trump Has the I.Q. of an Inbred Tanning Bed, Says a Liberated Gary Cohn

I will focus instead on the "substance" of the proposal.

This is a universally accepted prescription for a world wide depression, as anyone even vaguely familiar with US economic history can confirm.

I cannot conceive of the "international man of business" and Wharton grad who could be unfamiliar with it.

Donald Trump need look no further than his own misguided crusade - which ended with him begging the Chinese for quarter - after it ravaged farmers across the midwest, triggering a spike in suicides.

These are the Wages of a Life spent refusing to read, while fussing with your hair.

200w.webp

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2023/08/22/trump-trade-tariffs/

The former president has floated a 10 percent tax on all foreign imports, calling for a “ring around the collar” of the U.S. economy. Economists of both parties say the proposal is extremely dangerous

Suggesting that the use of "ring around the collar" in this context is so idiotic as to beggar the imagination may be indisputable, but as the objective truth triggers unusual reactions in some, I won't. I will only remind people of the judgement of Donald Trump's Chief Economic Advisor

Bombs Away: Trump Has the I.Q. of an Inbred Tanning Bed, Says a Liberated Gary Cohn

I will focus instead on the "substance" of the proposal.

This is a universally accepted prescription for a world wide depression, as anyone even vaguely familiar with US economic history can confirm.

I cannot conceive of the "international man of business" and Wharton grad who could be unfamiliar with it.

Donald Trump need look no further than his own misguided crusade - which ended with him begging the Chinese for quarter - after it ravaged farmers across the midwest, triggering a spike in suicides.

These are the Wages of a Life spent refusing to read, while fussing with your hair.
Oh wow, another Trump vow!

Forum List

Back