Trump Vowed to Save Coal, Now Miners Are Getting Laid Off

Dana7360

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2014
More bad news for the coal industry. Removing regulations can't save that industry. Especially since it wasn't regulations that was killing that industry.

Capitalism is killing that industry.

The free market has spoken. People don't want coal anymore. We want cleaner energy like natural gas, wind and solar.

The coal mine owners made more money for a short time. While poisoning our environment and harming people with those poisons.

Those coal miners should have listened too and voted for Hillary. She told them the truth. She wanted to help those miners be retrained for new jobs. Those miners chose to continue to be lazy and not get retrained. So now they are screwed.

They made their bed.

Damn you, Obama! Damn you!

u_s_coal_mining_jobs.png

Oh, wait...

US_Coal_Mining_Employment_1900_2016_MSHA_series_e1487808914791.png

Check out what Trump said about coal miners in his Playboy interview:

PLAYBOY: What satisfaction, exactly, do you get out of doing a deal?
TRUMP: I love the creative process. I do what I do out of pure enjoyment. Hopefully, nobody does it better. There’s a beauty to making a great deal. It’s my canvas. And I like painting it.

I like the challenge and tell the story of the coal miner’s son. The coal miner gets black-lung disease, his son gets it, then his son . If I had been the son of a coal miner, I would have left the damn mines. But most people don’t have the imagination–or whatever–to leave their mine. They don’t have “it.”

Trump's been playing the poor bastards. Totally hoaxing them.

Libs cheering expensive energy for the poor.

Now 5hey have to choose between expensive solar and food and medicine

More bad news for the coal industry. Removing regulations can't save that industry. Especially since it wasn't regulations that was killing that industry.

Capitalism is killing that industry.

The free market has spoken. People don't want coal anymore. We want cleaner energy like natural gas, wind and solar.

The coal mine owners made more money for a short time. While poisoning our environment and harming people with those poisons.

Those coal miners should have listened too and voted for Hillary. She told them the truth. She wanted to help those miners be retrained for new jobs. Those miners chose to continue to be lazy and not get retrained. So now they are screwed.

They made their bed.

That should please AOC, right? Getting rid of jobs, I mean.

TRUMP: I love the creative process. I do what I do out of pure enjoyment. Hopefully, nobody does it better. There’s a beauty to making a great deal. It’s my canvas. And I like painting it.

I like the challenge and tell the story of the coal miner’s son. The coal miner gets black-lung disease, his son gets it, then his son . If I had been the son of a coal miner, I would have left the damn mines. But most people don’t have the imagination–or whatever–to leave their mine. They don’t have “it.”

Yet for years all we hear from the right is that regulations are killing coal. That Obama is killing coal.

None of that is or was true.

Capitalism is killing coal.

When given a choice people vote with their dollars and want energy from cleaner and more sustainable sources.

No amount of lies and deregulation from the right will change the situation.

That's nothing buy a lie.

My state started building one of the largest wind farms in the nation in the 1990s.

When it came online it produced more electricity than the existing grid could handle. So we had to build a new and better grid to handle all that electricity.

We started shutting down our last coal fire plant a while ago. It should be close to closed by now.

We get our energy from water, wind, sun and natural gas.

The result?

We have the second lowest energy rates in the nation. We have more electricity than we use and sell that excess energy to other states for a profit.

Louisiana is the only state that has lower energy rates than my state and it's only by a tenth or so of a penny.

I just paid my electric bill for September. It was 50 dollars. That includes running the AC everyday. My natural gas was 29 dollars.

Your lies just won't hold up with intelligent people.

Converting from coal to cleaner sources of energy is cheaper. Not more expensive.

I heard that coal was doing ok. naturally some places may not and that's all the prog scum will talk about.

Coal ? Hahaha I've always said this, some Americans still live in the 17th century.

Yet for years all we hear from the right is that regulations are killing coal. That Obama is killing coal.

When given a choice people vote with their dollars and want energy from cleaner and more sustainable sources.

Coal is still popular in China

Then I suggest you start a crowd funding to raise funds so you can move to China so you can enjoy the coal.

Then I suggest you start a crowd funding to raise funds so you can move to China so you can enjoy the coal.
I don't use coal-it is too dirty

At this stage of China`s development they have little choice. They do have the world`s most powerful hydro dam and they`re among the world leaders in solar and wind power. They have 6,000 miles of high speed rails connecting 200 cities and their goal is to ban the sale of internal combustion vehicles by 2040. They do use a lot of coal but to say it`s "popular" isn`t accurate. We have a president that thinks our cars should be burning more gas.

My state started building one of the largest wind farms in the nation in the 1990s.

When it came online it produced more electricity than the existing grid could handle. So we had to build a new and better grid to handle all that electricity.

We started shutting down our last coal fire plant a while ago. It should be close to closed by now.

The result?

We have the second lowest energy rates in the nation. We have more electricity than we use and sell that excess energy to other states for a profit.

Louisiana is the only state that has lower energy rates than my state and it's only by a tenth or so of a penny.

I just paid my electric bill for September. It was 50 dollars. That includes running the AC everyday. My natural gas was 29 dollars.

Converting from coal to cleaner sources of energy is cheaper. Not more expensive.
Power plant are converting to Natural gas because it's cheaper. They are not going to renewals anymore than what state mandate requires. Solar energy costs 14 to 17 cents per KWhr, down from 22 cents per KWhr. In comparison, Natural gas or Coal powered are less than 2 cents per KWhr. The problem with Coal power is fly ash dust that has to be managed. Wind has it's own problems as you need sustained winds of 6 meter per seconds. Also the gear box for wind turbines are incredibly maintenance heavy. The country of Spain went bankrupt betting on wind power. Also there is a big problem of storing energy. Getting rid to fossil power is a dream, unless you want to live in age of sustained blackouts.

The result?

Power plant are converting to Natural gas because it's cheaper. They are not going to renewals anymore than what state mandate requires. Solar energy costs 14 to 17 cents per KWhr, down from 22 cents per KWhr. In comparison, Natural gas or Coal powered are less than 2 cents per KWhr. The problem with Coal power is fly ash dust that has to be managed. Wind has it's own problems as you need sustained winds of 6 meter per seconds. Also the gear box for wind turbines are incredibly maintenance heavy. The country of Spain went bankrupt betting on wind power. Also there is a big problem of storing energy. Getting rid to fossil power is a dream, unless you want to live in age of sustained blackouts.
50 dollar electric bill? Do you live in a closet?

Lol but the green libtatds want coal to die...then attack Trump when it does

Goofy fckin bastards.... you're so transparent

Forum List

Back