Trump Tweeted Pictures Claiming "The Start" Of His Border Wall, But It Was Actually An Old Project

Confounding

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2016
:21:

Trump Tweeted Pictures Claiming "The Start" Of His Border Wall, But It Was Actually An Old Project

President Trump on Wednesday tweeted that he had been briefed about "the start of our Southern Border WALL" and included pictures depicting construction for the project, but there was one slight problem with the announcement. The images tweeted by the president were not of his long-promised wall, but a months-long project to replace existing portions of a wall along Calexico, California.

DZZmSonX0AA58hf.jpg

If every Trump lie were a cinder-block, that wall could be built rather cheaply.

President Trump on Wednesday tweeted that he had been briefed about "the start of our Southern Border WALL" and included pictures depicting construction for the project, but there was one slight problem with the announcement. The images tweeted by the president were not of his long-promised wall, but a months-long project to replace existing portions of a wall along Calexico, California.

DZZmSonX0AA58hf.jpg

Wait, Trump said his wall would be 30 feet tall made out of concrete. How did he get that confused?

DZZmSonX0AA58hf.jpg

Wait, Trump said his wall would be 30 feet tall made out of concrete. How did he get that confused?
it's the mexicans' fault

they use the metric system

DZZmSonX0AA58hf.jpg
And yet Trump’s braindead sycophants believe him.

His supporters will say...." Is it not a picture of a wall? Is it not being built? I don't see the problem with his statement"

DZZmSonX0AA58hf.jpg
pretty common these days to put up any pic at all to represent what is being talked about. for buzzfeed to bitch about this is funny cause on their front page we find:

The Leaders Of North Korea And South Korea Will Meet At A Historic Summit In April
pretty sure that's not an actual occurrence of them shaking hands when they've not met yet.

A Former Russian Spy And His Daughter May Have Been Poisoned At Their Front Door, UK Police Say
pretty sure that's just them, NOT them being poisoned by the russians.

The NYPD Is Arguing, Once Again, That Punishments For Police Misconduct Must Remain Secret
i see no police misconduct here? is this just a representative picture??? I THINK IT IS!!!

yet when you hate someone, it's different.

"Believe me, these trailer trash Racists will fall for everything about us. They cuck that way. MAGA!"
\
rivalsPutinTrumpHorseback.gif

:113:

DZZmSonX0AA58hf.jpg
pretty common these days to put up any pic at all to represent what is being talked about. for buzzfeed to bitch about this is funny cause on their front page we find:

The Leaders Of North Korea And South Korea Will Meet At A Historic Summit In April
pretty sure that's not an actual occurrence of them shaking hands when they've not met yet.

A Former Russian Spy And His Daughter May Have Been Poisoned At Their Front Door, UK Police Say

The NYPD Is Arguing, Once Again, That Punishments For Police Misconduct Must Remain Secret
i see no police misconduct here? is this just a representative picture??? I THINK IT IS!!!

You have really stepped up you Trump defense mode these days.

But this time it is pretty weak, all of those pictures have captions stating what they are, Trump’s is a bit different.

Your partisanship is starting to shine through again

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

DZZmSonX0AA58hf.jpg

and i'm sure you see it that way.

did you look at the other 3 articles? do they not do the same? it just happens to be a pet peeve of mine due to my being a journalism photographer in my college years to make sure the picture matches the story. hell no it does not here. but neither do the pics i pulled from the 3 articles i stated. the russian spy and his daughter is a stretch yes cause that would be a hard one to have an actual pic of so bio pics are commonly used. the others are fair examples of simply using a pic that illustrates the overall story but is not the actual event in question.

so i'm more bagging on the articles that do this but unfortunately it's just become common and normal now. but, still a pet peeve of mine.

but you think what you want.

"But, But, But....MAGA? BENGHAZI?"
\
doublewide.gif

-signed every White Supremacist who bet their trailer wheels Mexico would pay for the wall.

:abgg2q.jpg:

DZZmSonX0AA58hf.jpg

did you look at the other 3 articles? do they not do the same? it just happens to be a pet peeve of mine due to my being a journalism photographer in my college years to make sure the picture matches the story. hell no it does not here. but neither do the pics i pulled from the 3 articles i stated. the russian spy and his daughter is a stretch yes cause that would be a hard one to have an actual pic of so bio pics are commonly used. the others are fair examples of simply using a pic that illustrates the overall story but is not the actual event in question.

so i'm more bagging on the articles that do this but unfortunately it's just become common and normal now. but, still a pet peeve of mine.

No, the articles do not do the same thing as Trump did.

Take the first article for example, while the story is about a future meeting between SK and NK they have a very clear caption under the picture stating what it is.

Now, look at Trump’s tweet, do you see a caption under the picture letting the viewer of the tweet know the wall pictured was not actually what the tweet was speaking of? Do you see anything in the tweet from Trump that would lead the reader of the tweet to know the picture did not depict what the tweet was about?

DZZmSonX0AA58hf.jpg

Take the first article for example, while the story is about a future meeting between SK and NK they have a very clear caption under the picture stating what it is.

Now, look at Trump’s tweet, do you see a caption under the picture letting the viewer of the tweet know the wall pictured was not actually what the tweet was speaking of? Do you see anything in the tweet from Trump that would lead the reader of the tweet to know the picture did not depict what the tweet was about?

great. now read his actual tweet.

"Great briefing this afternoon on the start of our Southern Border WALL!"

he's not saying the wall is under construction now is he? he said they having a briefing on the start of it. if we're having a briefing on starting it, we've not started yet have we?

unless you hate trump and need a bullet to fling at him this am. this could be interpreted many ways and is vague on its own. you can see it the way you are now, sure. but you can see it the way i'm talking about also. unless again, you hate trump.

he's not saying the wall is under construction now is he? he said they having a briefing on the start of it. if we're having a briefing on starting it, we've not started yet have we?

unless you hate trump and need a bullet to fling at him this am. this could be interpreted many ways and is vague on its own. you can see it the way you are now, sure. but you can see it the way i'm talking about also. unless again, you hate trump.

And the pictures depict what looks like the early stages (I.e. the start) of a wall being built.

It is painfully obvious the intent of the tweet, unless you have given up all pretenses of non-partisanship..

And the pictures depict what looks like the early stages (I.e. the start) of a wall being built.

It is painfully obvious the intent of the tweet, unless you have given up all pretenses of non-partisanship..

what other pics would i show?

and there you go - having to pigeonhole people again vs. just work to talk with them.

sigh.

to me this is much like emma and "ostracize" would mean. to one side it means she's a damn bully and needs to back it up and to others that's not what she said at all. it's how people choose to micro-interpret what people say in order to make it mean what we need them to say to justify how we feel about a particular point or action.

trumps tweet, like most of his, are vague and ramblings. pics he puts up lord knows where he gets them. but he loves to tweet shit and people love to make fun of him for doing it. all this is and micro-interpret what he is saying so we can call him a liar and giggle in our proof and wisdom.

Last edited:
Trump supporters have become contortionist when it comes to explaining away or making excuses for the Liar in Chief's constant barrage of falsehoods.

Forum List

Back