Trump trying to get his trial date for Fraud and Racketeering postponed.

R

rdean

Donald Trump seeks to delay trial until after inauguration

When the judge asked why, Trump's attorney, Daniel Petrocelli, summed it up like this:

"In view of Mr. Trump’s election as President of the United States, your honor."

Petrocelli also questioned whether Trump actually would be available to testify in court as a sitting president. He said never has there been a case in the history of the United States in which a president had to come into court to testify in a trial as a defendant.

Not only was the defendant just elected the nation's 45th president, but the judge is Curiel, whose fairness in the case previously was questioned by Trump because of his Mexican heritage. Trump previously called him “a hater” and described his actions as “a total disgrace.”

While the open cases are civil, some legal scholars raise the prospect that a court could ultimately find Trump University or even Trump personally liable for fraud. In the worst case, a finding that fraud took place — even by a civil court — could provide Congress with the grounds to consider impeachment proceedings.

-------------------------------

Actually, I think it's more likely he could be impeached over Trump Foundation. So many laws broken. And it wa only a single reporter that even examined that scam. What happens when the rest of the press finally turns it's attention to examine such lawlessness?

Then, if the IRS re-examines his billion dollar write off, it could be both impeachment and prison. Democrats are dummies if they let this go. I will explain that in detail in another thread. There is just so much there.

He's talking about settling out of court. I figured he would buy his way out of it.

I don't think the people yelling impeachment know how impeachment works.

Its not a criminal case. No basis for impeachment will arise from it.

He should quietly settle the case. Not because of the merits. But because with his election he needs to be focused elsewhere and the longer this case continues the longer it distracts from his agenda.

Even if he believes he should win, sometimes sacrifices need to be made for the country. This should be one of then.

Amendment: No basis for impeachment will arise assuming no perjury occurs. But that's more incentive to settle out of court so nothing comes under oath and democrats can't twist what he says

Donald Trump seeks to delay trial until after inauguration

When the judge asked why, Trump's attorney, Daniel Petrocelli, summed it up like this:

"In view of Mr. Trump’s election as President of the United States, your honor."

Petrocelli also questioned whether Trump actually would be available to testify in court as a sitting president. He said never has there been a case in the history of the United States in which a president had to come into court to testify in a trial as a defendant.

Not only was the defendant just elected the nation's 45th president, but the judge is Curiel, whose fairness in the case previously was questioned by Trump because of his Mexican heritage. Trump previously called him “a hater” and described his actions as “a total disgrace.”

While the open cases are civil, some legal scholars raise the prospect that a court could ultimately find Trump University or even Trump personally liable for fraud. In the worst case, a finding that fraud took place — even by a civil court — could provide Congress with the grounds to consider impeachment proceedings.

-------------------------------

Actually, I think it's more likely he could be impeached over Trump Foundation. So many laws broken. And it wa only a single reporter that even examined that scam. What happens when the rest of the press finally turns it's attention to examine such lawlessness?

Then, if the IRS re-examines his billion dollar write off, it could be both impeachment and prison. Democrats are dummies if they let this go. I will explain that in detail in another thread. There is just so much there.
Is that the one where stupid people paid money to get smart but were too stupid to learn?

Sassy is whining and bitching and crying.

Trump has a court case. It will go forward until it does not.

Get over it.

You loons are hilarious..all butt hurt and shit
Just talking about Trump's court case. How is that butt hurt? It's real thing. Even you can't deny it.

Because again no one cared about it before and no one cares about it now. Why? because it's the same bullshit democrats do all the time. I mean when that Access Hollywood tape comes out and he still wins, the democrats have no chance if that gotcha bullshit doesn't work. People have never supported their policies since FDR.

Amendment: No basis for impeachment will arise assuming no perjury occurs. But that's more incentive to settle out of court so nothing comes under oath and democrats can't twist what he says
Fraud is a criminal offense. That makes impeachment possible.

Just talking about Trump's court case. How is that butt hurt? It's real thing. Even you can't deny it.

Because again no one cared about it before and no one cares about it now. Why? because it's the same bullshit democrats do all the time. I mean when that Access Hollywood tape comes out and he still wins, the democrats have no chance if that gotcha bullshit doesn't work. People have never supported their policies since FDR.
He admits he sexually assaults women and you see no problem with that?

Pity, because your kind is the problem.

My kind won....you lost. Now run along Derpy you have no power anymore

My kind won....you lost. Now run along Derpy you have no power anymore
What is your kind? And what power do you have?

Sexually assaults women? Care to elaborate?

Forum List

Back