Trump told Gary Cohn to 'print money' to lower the national debt

Placing the article in this forum as the article is listed POLITICS

Trump told Gary Cohn to 'print money' to lower the national debt, according to Bob Woodward's book

As a candidate, Donald Trump pledged to balance the federal budget and lower the national debt, promises that are proving difficult to keep.

Once he won, Trump considered an unusual approach that was quickly slapped down by his chief economic advisor, according to veteran journalist Bob Woodward's new book, "Fear: Trump in the White House," which went on sale Tuesday.

"Just run the presses — print money," Trump said, according to Woodward, during a discussion on the national debt with Gary Cohn, former director of the White House National Economic Council.

"You don't get to do it that way," Cohn said, according to Woodward. "We have huge deficits and they matter. The government doesn't keep a balance sheet like that."

No one could make this up; you can't make this crap up. Make America Crazy Again
So . . . .

Let me get this straight, you are accusing him of wanting to do what the FED did to get Obama out of the mess of 2008?

Well, that's rich.
The Fed printed money to prevent deflation, not to get us out of debt.
It wasn't their business to prevent deflation.
I never said I supported QE, idiot. In fact, I very much opposed it, and there are plenty of my posts on this forum to prove it.

Way to miss the point. QE was not done to lower the debt, as some dipshits claimed.
8eQN.gif

Then stop pretending that Trump is some evil bogey man that is so much different than Obama. It is just the same shit all over again.

Stop playing partisan games.

Trump told Gary Cohn to 'print money' to lower the national debt, according to Bob Woodward's book

As a candidate, Donald Trump pledged to balance the federal budget and lower the national debt, promises that are proving difficult to keep.

Once he won, Trump considered an unusual approach that was quickly slapped down by his chief economic advisor, according to veteran journalist Bob Woodward's new book, "Fear: Trump in the White House," which went on sale Tuesday.

"Just run the presses — print money," Trump said, according to Woodward, during a discussion on the national debt with Gary Cohn, former director of the White House National Economic Council.

"You don't get to do it that way," Cohn said, according to Woodward. "We have huge deficits and they matter. The government doesn't keep a balance sheet like that."

No one could make this up; you can't make this crap up. Make America Crazy Again
Rubes like you will fall for anything.
Trump said it in public.

It's ironic supporters of Trump would call anyone else stupid or gullible. :lol:
According to Woodward.
Wow. You aren't reading this topic, are you.

How embarrassing for you.

Can you post more fucking stupid, how the fuck do you think Obama made Wall Street rich?

Quantitative easing ...

So . . . .

Let me get this straight, you are accusing him of wanting to do what the FED did to get Obama out of the mess of 2008?

Well, that's rich.
The Fed printed money to prevent deflation, not to get us out of debt.
It wasn't their business to prevent deflation.
I never said I supported QE, idiot. In fact, I very much opposed it, and there are plenty of my posts on this forum to prove it.

Way to miss the point. QE was not done to lower the debt, as some dipshits claimed.
8eQN.gif

Then stop pretending that Trump is some evil bogey man that is so much different the Obama. It is just the same shit all over again.

Stop playing partisan games.
Oh, I am more than willing to agree Trump is as bad as Obama. More than willing.

Hell, Trump is on track to bust Obama's debt record wide open.

I've only been saying that for a long time!

No one but Woodward could make this up you mean.
Virtually everyone of his 'sources' have denied what Woodward is claiming.
Of course the dozens of 'anonymous sources' the fucking dunce uses can't ever be questioned. Just the way Woodward has always got his 'insider information'.

If this is indeed from Woodward's book, then it's certainly shows the lack of credibility. Sorry, but I'm not ready to believe that a man who spent his life in high finance doesn't understand valuing currency. Woodward FAIL.
See posts 27 and 28.

I'll be happy to lend you a washcloth to take that egg off your face.

Now let's see if you have any integrity and apologize.
Try sourcing your quote if you wish anyone to believe it. It's well known that democrats and liberals lie their collective asses off if they think it reflects poorly on Trump.
I did source the quote, dumbass. LOOK AT POSTS 27 and 28.

I will wait for your apology.
So you did . While I certainly apologize that I didn't notice your oversized posting as a link, it's CNN dude. Find a credible source.

No one but Woodward could make this up you mean.
Virtually everyone of his 'sources' have denied what Woodward is claiming.
Of course the dozens of 'anonymous sources' the fucking dunce uses can't ever be questioned. Just the way Woodward has always got his 'insider information'.
You haven't been reading this topic, either, have you.

How embarrassing for you.

If this is indeed from Woodward's book, then it's certainly shows the lack of credibility. Sorry, but I'm not ready to believe that a man who spent his life in high finance doesn't understand valuing currency. Woodward FAIL.
See posts 27 and 28.

Try sourcing your quote if you wish anyone to believe it. It's well known that democrats and liberals lie their collective asses off if they think it reflects poorly on Trump.

So you did . While I certainly apologize that I didn't notice your oversized posting as a link, it's CNN dude. Find a credible source.
BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Here we see the willful blindness of Trumpies at work, boys and girls. Doing everything they can to avoid reality.

So...Vel. See post 41.

Need that washcloth?

Trump said that in public once. I posted about it a few times, and how fucking stupid that revealed Trump to be.

Every time you fools suggest that BILLIONAIRES are stupid and out of touch economically you really make an even bigger ass of yourselves...you dumbasses lose credibility with every post.
Trump has made those comments in jest to point out the Kenyan’s foolishness.

See posts 27 and 28.

There is fucking audio recording of him saying it you fucking moron

As I said, Trump has said it in public. Print money to pay off debt.

So Woodward didn't lie. He actually just revealed something which was already in the public venue.

And the reflexive hacks lined up to deny it! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

This was fun! :lol:

Trump said that in public once. I posted about it a few times, and how fucking stupid that revealed Trump to be.

Every time you fools suggest that BILLIONAIRES are stupid and out of touch economically you really make an even bigger ass of yourselves...you dumbasses lose credibility with every post.
Trump has made those comments in jest to point out the Kenyan’s foolishness.
I seriously doubt Trump is even a billionaire. That's why he won't release his tax returns.

He and Wilbur Ross (his choice for Commerce Secretary) both lied about their wealth in order to get on the Forbes 400 list.

Sadly, Trump was not joking, retard. You are making a fool of yourself.

See posts 27 and 28.

There is fucking audio recording of him saying it you fucking moron
No dumbass! Woodward 'claims' there is a recording.
BIG DIFFERENCE!

Vel ?

Ohhhhhh Veeeeeelllll?

You still there, kiddo?
Absolutely still here. I had to go listen to the whole thing in context. I understand exactly what he was saying and stand by my conviction that the Woodward crap is nonsense.

Forum List

Back