Trump to declare national emergency

Here comes that wall! Hah!
Not. This. Way.

Amazing....

While Democrats are trying to pass a bill that expands illegal immigration and human trafficking the President is actually trying to do something to secure and help this nation...

And you snowflakes are on your knees praying for the President to fail.

:rolleyes:
I am hoping that the Constitution of the United States prevails.

Declaring a national emergency is perfectly legal and constitutional, is it not?

yes.

now he has to deal with Congress.

when the House votes to kill his national emergency BY LAW it goes to the Senate for a vote.

given that, if the Senate Republicans react to the emergency the same way they did the bill, its DOA.

THATS THE LAW.
It's up to the Republican controlled Senate to stop this? Is that the only way?

So, the way the national emergency funding breaks down will give Trump about 4.5 billion unquestioned, and about 3.5 from military assets that will be challenged.

4.5 ain't bad right off the bat. :113:

Trump wins.

Has Pelosi stopped screaming yet?
And how much of the fat in the other $4 trillion has been trimmed?...Like, none.

You've been played for a chump, chump.

Your concerns in this matter do not reflect my own.
Of course not....You're a pretend "conservative"...Exactly the brand of party man team player that drove me out of the GOP in the '90s, because of the rank hypocrisy and focus on things that don't add up to a heap of fly shit in the long run.

Congratulations, you're everything you profess to hate from the other team.

I hope his idea dies just like ancient Roman criminals.
Of course you do. For the good of the Democratic Party and in revenge of Hillary losing you snowflakes have obstructed, undermined, plotted, and prayed for the failure of this President. It's not like anything is going to change that...ever.
I can't speak for the Democrats, and I've said numerous times that I have nothing against a physical barrier in places where there is a lot of travel. BUT this is truly alarming and if the President gets away with it, it has pretty much made an Emperor of Caesar. You watch.
Funny how the right applauds tyranny...
Always.

trump has proven he is incapable of working within our Constitutional system. His attempt at an unpresedented power grab will lose a large percentage of independent voters.

More importantly for the GOP....McConnell's cave on supporting a National Emergency will haunt the Repubs for years to come. This is an unparalleled effort by the Executive Branch that.....left unchallenged...will set a precedent for future Presidents....

The Courts will rule against trump and he probably knows it. He is counting on a short term win that will assure him of a long term loss....

Yet the constitution allows the president to call for a national emergency, go figure. Guess that happens when you have a congress incapable of working...at all.
Wrong.

That Congress won't fund wasteful idiocy such as Trump's wall of fear, bigotry, and hate illustrates it's very much capable of working.

Gee, if it ain't laughing boy.

Here comes that wall! Hah!
Not. This. Way.

Amazing....

While Democrats are trying to pass a bill that expands illegal immigration and human trafficking the President is actually trying to do something to secure and help this nation...

And you snowflakes are on your knees praying for the President to fail.

:rolleyes:
I am hoping that the Constitution of the United States prevails.

Declaring a national emergency is perfectly legal and constitutional, is it not?

yes.

now he has to deal with Congress.

when the House votes to kill his national emergency BY LAW it goes to the Senate for a vote.

given that, if the Senate Republicans react to the emergency the same way they did the bill, its DOA.

THATS THE LAW.

I'll give you an "E" for effort. But it doesn't work that way.

The House and the Senate can take up what is called a joint resolution of termination to end the emergency status, but it would take a supermajority in both houses to force it through. Otherwise when the resolution gets to Trump's desk, he can simply veto it.

Hope you enjoyed your civics lesson today.

I own Page 4 too. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Libs are going to be beside themselves !

President Donald Trump will sign the border-security agreement that heads off a government shutdown but declare a national emergency at the same time to build his proposed wall, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell said Thursday. The agreement contains less money than Trump wanted but heads off another government shutdown after midnight Friday. McConnell did not give any more details of the emergency declaration while speaking on the Senate floor.

Trump will sign border bill and declare national emergency: McConnell

Trump will sign border bill and declare national emergency: McConnell

Published: Feb 14, 2019 3:10 p.m. ET

Go for it Donald! You don't have a hair on your ass if you don't.

I double-dog dare you to MAGA.
Except you and him are Constitutional idiots.Trump to declare a national emergency over the wall

I don't like the way this is happenning either. It's so unfortunate that the Dims have forced Trump's hand.

The Dems never promised a beautiful wall paid for by Mexico either. The optics of declaring a phony National Emergency to fulfill a partisan campaign promise will not play well in 2020 imo. But maybe not, American voters do have the memory retention of a gold fish, so we'll see.....

Your track record speaks for itself.

Yes it does.

There is a reason all you Trump sheep call me a lefty and the Liberals call me a right-wing nut.

It is because I am standing out side of both of the sheep pens pointing at you mindless sheep and laughing my ass off at you.

You are the perfect example, I provide actual dollar figures and you call it "talking points" while you give vague examples of "savings" without a single fact or figure given

you are nothing but one more of the mindless sheep that do nothing but parrot the talking points their party masters give them.

(Look for Pelosi, Schumer, Omar, Tlaib, and AOC to contact Ca Gov Newsome to request that $3.1 Billion Ca now owes US taxpayers be used for a Hi-Speed Sanctuary City Rail System from Tijuana to San Fran ASAP... :p)

This is not the intention of the National Emergency Act. Even Kavanaugh would say as much.

If he does declare one, Congress should override him and pass an amendment to the bill that more clearly define what constitutes a National Emergency. Do it at the same time to prevent such bullshit from the next Democrat president.

Things like a catastrophic event, unforeseen event, an event that incapacitates the country?
Any republican who opposes will be primaried, and they know it.

The only positive in all this is that it will keep the chaos going.
Nobody knows what kind of crap is in the monstrosity that the annoying orange signed onto, including and especially himself.
Everybody that is not in the parasite class gets screwed, there is no silver lining in any of this shit.

We go from crisis to crisis, wish the president had a little wit or humor, just a brake from the sky is falling every day of the week.

Forum List

Back