Trump to Cut Food Stamps Budget by 25%

*Gross Income Limit If not Elderly or Disabled *Max F.S. Benefit for Everyone
1 person: $1,265 $194
2 people: $1,705 $357
3 people: $2,144 $511
4 people: $2,584 $649

I think there is a problem here. A family of 3 making $2144 a month getting $511 a month or 27% of their income in Food Stamps. That's not saving folks from starvation. It's making them comfortable in a lesser job. And THAT is why "participation rate" has more than doubled in 10 years. It's not subsidence --- it's redistribution..

A lot of smart Liberals realize you can't be EXPANDING enrollment on programs just to win constituents AND truly help the needy at the same time. When you start putting 15% of America on Food Stamps, that's a lot less money available for the TRULY needy on MediCaid, Housing, Education, etc..

GAWD

For example, a household of 3 with a net income of $1,500 must subtract $450 (30 percent of $1,500) from the maximum allotment for their household, which is $511 per month. They then subtract the $450 from the $511 maximum. The household will receive a food stamp allotment of $61 for the month.

How to Calculate Amount of Food Stamps

On average, SNAP households currently receive about $255 a month. The average SNAP benefit per person is about $126 per month, which works out to about $1.40 per person per meal

A Quick Guide to SNAP Eligibility and Benefits
Apparently you dont shop for food....if you don't think people can feed themselves with $255.00 a month.

"On average, SNAP households currently receive about $255 a month. The average SNAP benefit per person is about $126 per month, which works out to about $1.40 per person per meal"

Sure -- more mathematical ineptitude. Let's take a quick class here..

If you restricted SNAP to folks close to the Poverty level --- MOST of those folks would be getting the MAXIMUM benefit.... So the AVERAGE bennie would be high.

Now EXPAND the program to folks near 3 times the Poverty and feed a bigger pool of bennies to folks getting token $65/month SNAP payments. The AVERAGE payout is severely DILUTED because the pool got larger and the MAJORITY of folks are getting bennies reduced by their income. AND the program cost SKYROCKETS because of the GROWTH of the pool even with their reduced bennies..

You lefties need to more nimble with math concepts. So you don't wrap yourselves around the axle tossing numbers around that don't have a lot of meaning..

Show of hands class. Who still doesn't understand how raising the qualifying income LOWERS the "average SNAP benefit" ?? All the others may go to recess...

I think there is a problem here. A family of 3 making $2144 a month getting $511 a month or 27% of their income in Food Stamps. That's not saving folks from starvation. It's making them comfortable in a lesser job. And THAT is why "participation rate" has more than doubled in 10 years. It's not subsidence --- it's redistribution..

A lot of smart Liberals realize you can't be EXPANDING enrollment on programs just to win constituents AND truly help the needy at the same time. When you start putting 15% of America on Food Stamps, that's a lot less money available for the TRULY needy on MediCaid, Housing, Education, etc..

GAWD

For example, a household of 3 with a net income of $1,500 must subtract $450 (30 percent of $1,500) from the maximum allotment for their household, which is $511 per month. They then subtract the $450 from the $511 maximum. The household will receive a food stamp allotment of $61 for the month.

On average, SNAP households currently receive about $255 a month. The average SNAP benefit per person is about $126 per month, which works out to about $1.40 per person per meal

Apparently you dont shop for food....if you don't think people can feed themselves with $255.00 a month.

I do ALL the grocery shopping (and cooking). Also pay all the bills. So you're wrong. Also have a daughter in Grad School that does fine with her roommates on combined income of not much more $25,000 per year. I admit, they like to come for dinner here. But they are doing fine.

Point is -- the ELIGIBILITY has been expanded unreasonably. Which saps the ability to fund programs for the TRULY needy. It's a mathematical reality that raising the qualifying income even a TINY bit -- brings larger and larger POOLS of folks into the program. The "pool" at $23K to $25K/yr is probably 2 or 3 times the size of the pool at $18K to $21K/yr..

It's those mathematical/demographical equations that seem to stump folks that just want to pile on more money..

MORE opinion from CONservatives who are NEVER on the correct side of US history and fail math.

ONE time CONservatives were on the correct side of US history?
More ad hom.

SNAP was originally created to keep the families of soldiers, who died or were disabled in WAR, from starving.

That's it! It was not a program to subsidize drug use or alternative lifestyles, or even the families of convicts and immigrants (let alone illegal immigrants).

the program has been subverted and warped out of all reason. Get rid of it.

I still have thought the real reason was the skinny recruits the military was getting?

.I wonder now if that was a myth?

SNAP was originally created to keep the families of soldiers, who died or were disabled in WAR, from starving.

That's it! It was not a program to subsidize drug use or alternative lifestyles, or even the families of convicts and immigrants (let alone illegal immigrants).

even these people?

The Food Stamp Capital of the U.S. is WHITE and REPUBLICAN - Americus Sumter Observer Newspaper

GAWD

I do ALL the grocery shopping (and cooking). Also pay all the bills. So you're wrong. Also have a daughter in Grad School that does fine with her roommates on combined income of not much more $25,000 per year. I admit, they like to come for dinner here. But they are doing fine.

Point is -- the ELIGIBILITY has been expanded unreasonably. Which saps the ability to fund programs for the TRULY needy. It's a mathematical reality that raising the qualifying income even a TINY bit -- brings larger and larger POOLS of folks into the program. The "pool" at $23K to $25K/yr is probably 2 or 3 times the size of the pool at $18K to $21K/yr..

It's those mathematical/demographical equations that seem to stump folks that just want to pile on more money..

MORE opinion from CONservatives who are NEVER on the correct side of US history and fail math.

ONE time CONservatives were on the correct side of US history?

I thought I settled that already. I HATE equally the rabid Dem and Rep partisans. And I'm not a CONservative. You got some other material you can muster up here that actually DISCUSSES my replies about the SNAP program and how it SHOULD be managed??

I still have thought the real reason was the skinny recruits the military was getting?

.I wonder now if that was a myth?

Started in 1933 redone in 1939..

Nothing about the skinny military recruits, buy maybe that's how the here say started.

The History of SNAP | Snap To Health

The foundation for SNAP was first built in 1933 as part of the Agricultural Adjustment Act (AAA). The program, referred to as the Federal Surplus Relief Corporation, was established in the midst of the Great Depression, when prices for crops fell dramatically and farms across America were struggling to deal with the excess supply. To support farmers, the Federal government bought basic farm commodities at discount prices and distributed them among hunger relief agencies in states and local communities.

The first food stamp issued in 1939.

To formalize this food distribution and to avoid duplicating efforts by local relief agencies, Secretary of Agriculture, Henry Wallace, created the Food Stamp Program in the United States. The initiative, called the “Food Stamps Plan,” was implemented in 1939 under the administration of President Franklin D. Roosevelt as a key component of the New Deal program. Food assistance was made available to low-income individuals through the purchase of food stamps and the provision of additional bonus stamps that could be used to purchase specific foods identified as being in surplus. Participants in the program purchased booklets of orange stamps to buy food and household items including starch, soap and matches but the stamps could not be used to buy alcohol, tobacco or foods eaten at stores. For every $1 in orange stamps that were purchased, an additional $0.50 of blue stamps were given to participants. Blue stamps could be used to buy commodity surplus foods that were listed in the grocery store including dry beans, flour, corn meal, eggs and fresh vegetables. Participants were required to buy the stamps so that money allocated for food purchases would not be spent on non-food items. The program ended in 1943, as World War II and the subsequent economic boom significantly decreased the number of people living in poverty in the United States.

even these people?

The Food Stamp Capital of the U.S. is WHITE and REPUBLICAN - Americus Sumter Observer Newspaper

C'mon folks. SNAP emerged from WIC. Anybody who does the shopping knows that. What does WIC stand for?
Get off the racial slicer/dicer here.

even these people?

You still want to ignore the pew study?

FT_13.07.12_FoodStamps_310px.png

even these people?

C'mon folks. SNAP emerged from WIC. Anybody who does the shopping knows that. What does WIC stand for?
Get off the racial slicer/dicer here.

That started in 1968....I thought they were all the same thing ???

even these people?

View attachment 128397

GAWD.. More math errors. Isn't 15% of white people A LOT MORE than 30% of black people??

I think there's gonna be Summer School at USMB.. Sign up in the hall..

GAWD

"On average, SNAP households currently receive about $255 a month. The average SNAP benefit per person is about $126 per month, which works out to about $1.40 per person per meal"
When was the last time you shopped "per meal"....And didn't have staples already at home in the pantry?

And anyway people are supposed to use Snap to supplement their grocery budget...not as their sole grocery income for the month.

even these people?

View attachment 128397

GAWD.. More math errors. Isn't 15% of white people A LOT MORE than 30% of black people??

I think there's gonna be Summer School at USMB.. Sign up in the hall..

Wait I can't use percentages but liberals can with taxes?

lol

How is that fair?

GAWD

When was the last time you shopped "per meal"....And didn't have staples already at home in the pantry?

And anyway people are supposed to use Snap to supplement their grocery budget...not as their sole grocery income for the month.

Tell you the truth being a single guy I always shop per meal , if I need something quick to eat after work..

$2.50 around here at Walmart, a salad some rolls ...like $3.50 for dinner

salisbury-steak-61106.png

I

GAWD

Tell you the truth being a single guy I always shop per meal , if I need something quick to eat after work..

View attachment 128408

I can make a stew that can feed me lunch and dinner for three/four days with about 3.50 (or less) for stew meat... .99 cents for a bag of potatoes and .99 cents for carrots. Spices I already have on hand...

.69 to. 92 per meal ...depending on how much I eat. It ain't that hard. :)

Add in a salad kit for 1.50.

Make that 1.01 to 1.20 per meal.

I
GAWD

View attachment 128408

I can make a stew that can feed me lunch and dinner for three/four days with about 3.50 (or less) for stew meat... .99 cents for a bag of potatoes and .99 cents for carrots. Spices I already have on hand...

Well I am not a girl and don't even know how to use my stove, just my microwave and George Foreman grill..

I am not going to spend more then 5 minutes in the kitchen I will go out to eat first or order a pizza :)

I
GAWD

View attachment 128408

Btw blue gin you never added your labor cost to that meal I figure an extra at least $20 bucks an hour because it sounds good.

:)

I

View attachment 128408

Well I am not a girl and don't even know how to use my stove, just my microwave and George Foreman grill..

I am not going to spend more then 5 minutes in the kitchen I will go out to eat first or order a pizza :)

Most men aren't so dumb or lazy that they have to crap instead of quality food.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

I

View attachment 128408

It never ever taste good when we make it, grand moms , moms , aunts, wife's, girlfriends put the love in the meal

I
GAWD

View attachment 128408

It's a shame we don't teach the poor to prepare and eat vegetarian. They could eat like royalty for a fraction of the cost of a meat based diet. And it would be a lot better for them.

Having an ignorant whale in the Oval Office won't help. People are sheep and, thanks to him, they will believe fast food is nutritious.

I

View attachment 128408

It never ever taste good when we make it, grand moms , moms , aunts, wife's, girlfriends put the love in the meal

Ya know when I was around 8 years old, I remember making this killer ham and swiss cheese sandwich, I took one bite of it and it was so good , I put it down to change the channel ( back then no remote) I walk back and my dog ate it...

Funny 44 years later I still am pissed off about it and can never let it go.

Forum List

Back