Trump asks for $1,000,000,000.00 in donations from the Oil and Gas Industry

Quid Pro Don
~~~~~~
**********​
**********​

that is not what he said
It was reported that Trump said steering $1bn into his campaign would be a “deal” for the companies because of the costs they would avoid under him
Hahaha

That is literally the EXACT SAME THING.

Removing regulations.

Did you think he meant he was.going to mail them coupons to Target?

that is not what he said
It was reported that Trump said steering $1bn into his campaign would be a “deal” for the companies because of the costs they would avoid under him. The former president offered in a second term to immediately end the Biden administration’s freeze on permits for new liquefied natural gas (LNG) exports, while auctioning off more oil drilling leases in the Gulf of Mexico and reversing drilling restrictions in the Alaskan Arctic, among other promises.

Which is of course his platform.

Trump asked top oil execs for $1 billion campaign cash in exchange for environmental policy rollbacks, report says​

• Donald Trump made a $1 billion fundraising pitch to oil executives, The Washington Post reported.
  • Trump promises to dismantle Biden's environmental policies if reelected.
  • His campaign needs the funds due to lagging behind Biden and legal expenses.
Last month, he asked for a $1 billion contribution to his reelection campaign, and in return, he pledged to dismantle President Joe Biden's environmental policies

Trump promised to scrap climate laws if US oil bosses donated $1bn – report​

Trump promised to 20 executives at Mar-a-Lago dinner to increase oil drilling and reverse pollution rules among other pitches

Donald Trump dangled a brazen “deal” in front of some of the top US oil bosses last month, proposing that they give him $1bn for his White House re-election campaign and vowing that once back in office he would instantly tear up Joe Biden’s environmental regulations and prevent any new ones, according to a bombshell new report.

In front of more than 20 executives, including from Chevron, Exxon and Occidental Petroleum, he promised to increase oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, remove hurdles to drilling in the Alaskan Arctic, and reverse new rules designed to cut car pollution. He would also overturn the Biden administration’s decision in January to pause new natural gas export permits which have been denounced as “climate bombs”.

The former president’s exchange with fossil fuel giants also engaged the concern of groups monitoring the influence of money in politics. Jordan Libowitz of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics (Crew), a non-partisan government watchdog, said the conversation, as reported by the Post, “certainly looks a lot like quid pro quo”.
Libowitz said the encounter was “about as blatant as I’ve ever seen. Politicians often give a nudge and a wink, they don’t say raise a billion dollars for me and I’ll get rid of the regulations that you want.”

It sure sounds lie quid pro quo toe me. He named a figure and told them what they would get for the money if elected and promised it would happen on Day 1.

He is big money, leaning on big money with promised action for donation of $1 Billion Dollars. It sounds like legislation for sail, if the money is paid. I have never heard anything as clear-cut in my life, and neither have you.

If anything, it is only incredibly honest that the candidate is being so open. Who does not know that this has been going on forever in election politics? That is the fundamental problem with it and the one to most closely monitor.
Im just a romantic. I expect politicians to enact the will of the people. Not those who pay the most.

Former President Donald J. Trump told a group of oil executives and lobbyists gathered at a dinner at his Mar-a-Lago resort last month that they should donate $1 billion to his presidential campaign because, if elected, he would roll back environmental rules that he said hampered their industry, according to two people who were there.

About 20 people attended an April 11 event billed as an “energy round table” at Mr. Trump’s private club, according to those people, who asked not to be identified in order to discuss the private event. Attendees included executives from ExxonMobil, EQT Corporation and the American Petroleum Institute, which lobbies for the oil industry.

*******************************************************************************************

Remember when all those people said they would vote for Trump because he was incorruptible and did not need the money? Well apparently he does need the money and a lot of it, and is willing to wreak havoc on our environment to get it. No little bucks for Trump. He wants a billion dollars! Those attorney fees must really be adding up.

and is willing to wreak havoc on our environment

Biden has already wreaked havoc on our domestic energy policy. In spite of record oil production, US is still dependent on foreign oil. And, since you people are so goddamn concerned about the Environment, take a look at the impact of lithium mining on the soil and water resources. If you had any ethical sense, you might want to show some concern and compassion for the children used to mine for lithium when you are patting yourselves on the back for purchasing an electric vehicle.

Former President Donald J. Trump told a group of oil executives and lobbyists gathered at a dinner at his Mar-a-Lago resort last month that they should donate $1 billion to his presidential campaign because, if elected, he would roll back environmental rules that he said hampered their industry, according to two people who were there.

About 20 people attended an April 11 event billed as an “energy round table” at Mr. Trump’s private club, according to those people, who asked not to be identified in order to discuss the private event. Attendees included executives from ExxonMobil, EQT Corporation and the American Petroleum Institute, which lobbies for the oil industry.

*******************************************************************************************

Remember when all those people said they would vote for Trump because he was incorruptible and did not need the money? Well apparently he does need the money and a lot of it, and is willing to wreak havoc on our environment to get it. No little bucks for Trump. He wants a billion dollars! Those attorney fees must really be adding up.

The man is literally selling himself. What does that say to voters? Sounds like a big "fuck you" to me.

Im just a romantic. I expect politicians to enact the will of the people. Not those who pay the most.
They "enact" the will of the people who pay the most, as they always have. "Romantics" don't last long in politics, especially electoral politics.
We may wish it were otherwise, yet life teaches us it is not.

Trump asked top oil execs for $1 billion campaign cash in exchange for environmental policy rollbacks, report says​

• Donald Trump made a $1 billion fundraising pitch to oil executives, The Washington Post reported.
  • Trump promises to dismantle Biden's environmental policies if reelected.
  • His campaign needs the funds due to lagging behind Biden and legal expenses.
Last month, he asked for a $1 billion contribution to his reelection campaign, and in return, he pledged to dismantle President Joe Biden's environmental policies

Trump promised to scrap climate laws if US oil bosses donated $1bn – report​

Trump promised to 20 executives at Mar-a-Lago dinner to increase oil drilling and reverse pollution rules among other pitches

Donald Trump dangled a brazen “deal” in front of some of the top US oil bosses last month, proposing that they give him $1bn for his White House re-election campaign and vowing that once back in office he would instantly tear up Joe Biden’s environmental regulations and prevent any new ones, according to a bombshell new report.

In front of more than 20 executives, including from Chevron, Exxon and Occidental Petroleum, he promised to increase oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico, remove hurdles to drilling in the Alaskan Arctic, and reverse new rules designed to cut car pollution. He would also overturn the Biden administration’s decision in January to pause new natural gas export permits which have been denounced as “climate bombs”.

The former president’s exchange with fossil fuel giants also engaged the concern of groups monitoring the influence of money in politics. Jordan Libowitz of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics (Crew), a non-partisan government watchdog, said the conversation, as reported by the Post, “certainly looks a lot like quid pro quo”.
Libowitz said the encounter was “about as blatant as I’ve ever seen. Politicians often give a nudge and a wink, they don’t say raise a billion dollars for me and I’ll get rid of the regulations that you want.”

It sure sounds lie quid pro quo toe me. He named a figure and told them what they would get for the money if elected and promised it would happen on Day 1.

He is big money, leaning on big money with promised action for donation of $1 Billion Dollars. It sounds like legislation for sail, if the money is paid. I have never heard anything as clear-cut in my life, and neither have you.

Why would oil executives give Trump a billion dollars? They know Rex Tillerson was a straight shooter.

Biden has already wreaked havoc on our domestic energy policy. In spite of record oil production, US is still dependent on foreign oil. And, since you people are so goddamn concerned about the Environment, take a look at the impact of lithium mining on the soil and water resources. If you had any ethical sense, you might want to show some concern and compassion for the children used to mine for lithium when you are patting yourselves on the back for purchasing an electric vehicle.

The US uses 20 million bpd and produces 13 million bpd. Do you actually believe Trump?

Our production costs are the highest in the world and most US wells produce less than 50 barrels a day. We have no economies of scale.

Trump is an idiot. If the ppb goes down our guys suffer and production slows.

The US uses 20 million bpd and produces 13 million bpd. Do you actually believe Trump?

Our production costs are the highest in the world and most US wells produce less than 50 barrels a day. We have no economies of scale.

Trump is an idiot. If the ppb goes down our guys suffer and production slows.

The US Oil Company execs don’t agree with you.

You still fail to make the case for policies that hinder US oil production. Contributing to high US Oil production costs are regulatory costs and taxes that foreign competitors don’t face. Economies of scale? - try not killing infrastructure projects.

Why would oil executives give Trump a billion dollars? They know Rex Tillerson was a straight shooter.
As Secretaries of State go, he's OK. If I were choosing between Donald Trump and Rex Tillerson for President, I would risk Tillerson, in a heartbeat, over trump. That is not the choice though. Where Tillerson would probably truly suck, as a Department head, would be Environment or Department of interior. I figure he would be for dismantling, like the last ones Trump appointed.

As you and your fellow DemoKKKrats have pointed out numerous times, we are extracting more oil than ever under Joe Biden, so it's only right these oil companies should contribute as much as they can to keep it going. Right?

As you and your fellow DemoKKKrats have pointed out numerous times, we are extracting more oil than ever under Joe Biden, so it's only right these oil companies should contribute as much as they can to keep it going. Right?

For Trump's legal fees and his debts.

The US Oil Company execs don’t agree with you.

You still fail to make the case for policies that hinder US oil production. Contributing to high US Oil production costs are regulatory costs and taxes that foreign competitors don’t face. Economies of scale? - try not killing infrastructure projects.
Lol 😂 you don't know squat about domestic oil production and neither does Trump.

But...but...Biden... :itsok:

US oil production is higher than it's ever been.
Record production of any product does not correlate to keeping up with demand or the market reducing its dependency on an alternative source (in this case, foreign oil).

Capitulating and ceding to foreign oil is not the answer. The answer is to reduce regulatory costs, free up drilling and exploration permits, encourage more infrastructure investments and incentivize for parity alternative energy products development.

Forum List

Back