Trump to allow sales of plastic bottles in National Parks

who in the hell would drink from a public fountain? Are you people retarded?
What's wrong with a public fountain? You don't lick the spout, ya know.
People are gross. Fountains are gross. They have a history of not being regularly cleaned. That was part fo the reason building codes laxed the regulations.
Read this story.
More Germs on Water Fountain or Toilet?
Didn't you ever see Mythbusters? They tested the water coming from water fountains and it was clean as a whistle. (As long as you take the water from the stream, not put your mouth over the nozzle).
Cool. But as i told jaraxle, maybe my experiences are different.
I don't even want to know what people do to water fountains, thanks all the same.
A modern "canteen" (water bottle) is a lot more eco friendly, usually holds more and if you get a good one it even has insulation to keep it cool for awhile. So I would think that would be a lot more sensible than selling individual waters in disposable bottles in the parks. We have to think ahead if we're going to picnic, bringing our own trash bag and hauling it out, so why shouldn't we think ahead about our water?

People are gross. Fountains are gross. They have a history of not being regularly cleaned. That was part fo the reason building codes laxed the regulations.
Read this story.
More Germs on Water Fountain or Toilet?
Didn't you ever see Mythbusters? They tested the water coming from water fountains and it was clean as a whistle. (As long as you take the water from the stream, not put your mouth over the nozzle).
Cool. But as i told jaraxle, maybe my experiences are different.
I don't even want to know what people do to water fountains, thanks all the same.
A modern "canteen" (water bottle) is a lot more eco friendly, usually holds more and if you get a good one it even has insulation to keep it cool for awhile. So I would think that would be a lot more sensible than selling individual waters in disposable bottles in the parks. We have to think ahead if we're going to picnic, bringing our own trash bag and hauling it out, so why shouldn't we think ahead about our water?
OLs attack on the poor and their water :badgrin:

Are you in favor of glass water bottles? Aluminum water cans?
What's the solution?
Only one answer...

make water soluble containers to carry drinks in
Thermos, water jug, water fountains. They all work. In Europe soft drinks are served in glassware instead of paper or styro at fast food restaurants. People turn them back in.

We're talking about National Parks. Ain't no City Center amenities there. No "water fountains" 4 miles out on a trail.

And what's the big deal if it's recycled anyways? Litter is litter. That's a SEPARATE issue. NO ONE tosses used beverage containers on a Nat Park trail.

Trump's decision to allow plastic bottle sales in national parks condemned

Trump's war against the environment is total, after he allowed corporations to poison rivers, so this does not surprise me one bit.

War against the environment? Yeah, that's not hyperbolic. Trump is literally a Captain Planet villain.

How is it that people still take the far left seriously with this cartoonish level of exaggeration? You people have become a parody of yourselves.
Exxon has known about climate change since 1977, and has been in constant denial and spreading lies, esp. since Rex Tillerson is their voice in the govt.
Exxon Knew about Climate Change Almost 40 Years Ago

It is also helping Russia:
Russian tanker sails through Arctic without icebreaker for first time

So your response to my ridicule of your hyperbole is to double down by implying that Trump is deliberately attacking the planet's climate in order to assist Russia in their oil endeavors? Do you honestly believe he's some sort of campy James Bond villain?

No. . . words. . . should have sent. . . a psychiatrist. . .

Last edited:
Not to change the topic, but water bottles are nothing compared to what people bring to the beach and LEAVE at the beach for the locals to pick up.

Broken beer bottles (glass shards everywhere).
Cigarette butts galore.
Bread bags, twist ties, wrappers.
Dirty filled diapers. Yes. LOTS of nasty shit filled baby diapers just laying there.
Dirty needles.
Bottle caps.
Plastic rings from six packs. LOTS of those, too.

Just to name a few.

I wish during cleanup day it was nothing but plastic water bottles. Alas, it was much worse. Might not be a national park, but its a big assed beach and lots of people go every weekend to leave their trash when then go home or back to their motels. Nasty people. No concept of pollution at all. Just lazy and gross.

At least the food they leave behind gets eaten by seagulls.

Left wing retards panicking about something that is easily controlled by holding individuals accountable. But then we remember that it is left wing retards that are the ones who can not be trusted to be accountable...
Liberal Trash.JPG

Forum List

Back