Trump to allow sales of plastic bottles in National Parks

Are you in favor of glass water bottles? Aluminum water cans?
What's the solution?
Only one answer...

make water soluble containers to carry drinks in
Thermos, water jug, water fountains. They all work. In Europe soft drinks are served in glassware instead of paper or styro at fast food restaurants. People turn them back in.

OL, unless they go back to deposits on returns, that ain't going to happen
Maine has always had deposits on returns. You don't? And I don't mean glass bottles. I mean glasses. Ya know, like
maxresdefault.jpg
What's the solution?
Only one answer...

Thermos, water jug, water fountains. They all work. In Europe soft drinks are served in glassware instead of paper or styro at fast food restaurants. People turn them back in.

Maine has always had deposits on returns. You don't? And I don't mean glass bottles. I mean glasses. Ya know, like
maxresdefault.jpg
article is about water bottles,

plastic-water-bottles-13502014.jpg

not glasses.

What is the difference on whether they buy the bottles at the nearest 7-11 and in the park?

If you buy them in the park, the park gets the profit.
I know what the thread is about. It's bitching about a bunch of littered empty bottles in the park. I'm just suggesting alternatives to disposable bottles for carrying your water. So okay, fast food restaurants using glasses is a little off topic but not a lot.
Does anyone remember the spring in the barn or in the woods with a coconut shell tied to the side for drinking from it? No one died of anything. Good water, too.

Remember CANTEENS? They were a metal or plastic reusable container that you could fill with water and use over and over. Often they came with a strap so you could carry them. Some of them attached to your belt or fit into your knapsack. They even came with insulated covers to keep the water cold. That was before folks learned to make big bucks from sell bottled water.

who in the hell would drink from a public fountain? Are you people retarded?
What's wrong with a public fountain? You don't lick the spout, ya know.
Because you can't carry a fountain on your back when you are hiking.
Water Bottles | Outdoor Gear at L.L.Bean
Hi-tech canteens.
Yeah, ridiculously expensive, but supposedly not containing any of the bad plastics that leech into the water. You sure wouldn't toss it on the ground anywhere, at those prices.

Look bitch, I carry whatever I bring into the woods out. And, usually, a lot of things that I did not bring in. And a lot of them are the plastic containers that people just discard. I wish there were a way to identify these people and ban them from the woods.

People are gross. Fountains are gross. They have a history of not being regularly cleaned. That was part fo the reason building codes laxed the regulations.
Read this story.
More Germs on Water Fountain or Toilet?

Look bitch, I carry whatever I bring into the woods out. And, usually, a lot of things that I did not bring in. And a lot of them are the plastic containers that people just discard. I wish there were a way to identify these people and ban them from the woods.

so even with the ban plastic bottles still are spewed about in the parks

--LOL

As usual the left thinks that government control over the sale and manufacture of goods and services (fascism) is the solution to environmental (as well as other) problems. The sale of bottles of water isn't the problem. In fact the sale of bottled water might save lives. The callus disposal of the bottles is the problem. In this day and age it's possible that the mostly left wing tree huggers and global warming fans who enjoy the parks disregard ordinances regarding trash disposal. I recall the plot (if you can call it that) of a Vietnam era movie , Alice's Restaurant" which ridiculed the uptight establishment for enforcing ordinances regarding illegal dumping. Arlo Guthrie didn't think the draft or trash dumping laws applied to the anti-establishment types so he didn't comply. It's ironic that the same former anti-establishment riff-raff is in charge of the global warming propaganda these days. Go to a rally like the "occupy Wall Street" thugs held in a NYC park a year or two ago .After they left (or were arrested) there was everything from abused girls to human waste to illegal drug paraphenalia left over. Go to a Tea party rally and find everything neat and tidy when it's over. I recall a photo of the aftermath of a Hillary rally where the American Flag was thrown into a corner with the trash. What do OWS and Clinton supporters have in common? I bet if you poll them you would find that they all claim to be anti-corporate global warming environmentalists but what they are is hypocrite political operatives who couldn't care less about the environment

What's the solution?
Only one answer...

maxresdefault.jpg
Maine, NY, CA, & CT have deposits on almost everything...MA, Iowa, Michigan, and Oregon have it on soda and beer.

People are gross. Fountains are gross. They have a history of not being regularly cleaned. That was part fo the reason building codes laxed the regulations.
Read this story.
Didn't you ever see Mythbusters? They tested the water coming from water fountains and it was clean as a whistle. (As long as you take the water from the stream, not put your mouth over the nozzle).

What's the solution?
Only one answer...

maxresdefault.jpg
Maine, NY, CA, & CT have deposits on almost everything...MA, Iowa, Michigan, and Oregon have it on soda and beer.
THAT'S IT? The rest of the states don't? Jeez, it makes a big difference here, I believe. Sure, there are still enough empties laying around to help some desperately poor person earn a buck or two walking the ditches or picking the trash cans, but it would be a lot worse otherwise.
They are considering putting a deposit on those little liquor "nips" which have become very popular and are thick on the roadsides these days. We'll see if it helps. If nothing else, someone else who is desperate for gas money will come along and pick them up if there's a deposit on them. See how that works?

Arent fountains a reminder of Jim Crow? Maybe we should tear all them down before people start getting offended.

Read this story.
Didn't you ever see Mythbusters? They tested the water coming from water fountains and it was clean as a whistle. (As long as you take the water from the stream, not put your mouth over the nozzle).
Cool. But as i told jaraxle, maybe my experiences are different.

Forum List

Back