Trump Tariffs to add $5800 cost to new cars

/——-/ No, because Trannies, welfare Queens and Blacks don’t influence the cost of cars. Unions and Gubmint Regs do.

I guess we can agree on something. Yes, government does impact the price of cars, and nothing impacts the price of cars more than government tariffs. Also I can remember when the GOP was capitalist. Suddenly, they are big believers in an artificially manipulated economy. That worked so well for the Soviet Union. I am looking for Trump to come out with his five year plan any day now.
A lot of things impact the cost of cars....like China stealing our auto technology...that adds a huge cost to not only cars but everything else as well....enough to make $5800 a drop in the bucket and worth every penny to get China to behave.....

So the American consumer, especially those on fixed incomes, are going to pay the price for some Chinese manufacturer who stole the "mist" setting on windshield wipers from GM. Brilliant!

Short term pain for well over due long term gain....yes some of us will have to dig a little deeper for things we want...but if we hold firm and don't buckle like you are doing....we will finally have China in line with the rest of the WTO with their trade practices...
what?...you can't sacrifice a little for your country?...and for Americans yet to be?...whats wrong with you?.....do you want China to continue to screw us over?....

China has never "screwed me over". Tell me exactly what China has done to you. China is another crisis that Trump created, for which he will eventually take credit for solving, without having accomplished anything positive.
The theft of intellectual property hurts American businesses...I never said China did anything to me personally....but you may want to look into what they are spending all of the stolen riches from around the world on....they are building a military large enough to match ours.....so maybe China hasn't touched you or screwed you over or so you say....but they might touch all of us in the future...its a three decade old cock fight and the US had better win it....

I guess we can agree on something. Yes, government does impact the price of cars, and nothing impacts the price of cars more than government tariffs. Also I can remember when the GOP was capitalist. Suddenly, they are big believers in an artificially manipulated economy. That worked so well for the Soviet Union. I am looking for Trump to come out with his five year plan any day now.
A lot of things impact the cost of cars....like China stealing our auto technology...that adds a huge cost to not only cars but everything else as well....enough to make $5800 a drop in the bucket and worth every penny to get China to behave.....

So the American consumer, especially those on fixed incomes, are going to pay the price for some Chinese manufacturer who stole the "mist" setting on windshield wipers from GM. Brilliant!

Short term pain for well over due long term gain....yes some of us will have to dig a little deeper for things we want...but if we hold firm and don't buckle like you are doing....we will finally have China in line with the rest of the WTO with their trade practices...
what?...you can't sacrifice a little for your country?...and for Americans yet to be?...whats wrong with you?.....do you want China to continue to screw us over?....

China has never "screwed me over". Tell me exactly what China has done to you. China is another crisis that Trump created, for which he will eventually take credit for solving, without having accomplished anything positive.
/——-/ Oh, as long as you didn’t get ripped off it’s OK.

Do you know what it is called when the government raises taxes to subsidize people who are out of work? That is called, "Welfare". I could have sworn that everyone in the GOP hates welfare. My memory must have failed me in the last 2 years.

The theft of intellectual property hurts American businesses...I never said China did anything to me personally....but you may want to look into what they are spending all of the stolen riches from around the world on....they are building a military large enough to match ours.....so maybe China hasn't touched you or screwed you over or so you say....but they might touch all of us in the future...its a three decade old cock fight and the US had better win it....

What is China spending their money on? They are financing our debt, because Trump and Congress do not have the discipline to reduce spending. You should be grateful.

Do you know what it is called when the government raises taxes to subsidize people who are out of work? That is called, "Welfare". I could have sworn that everyone in the GOP hates welfare. My memory must have failed me in the last 2 years.
You just refuse to see what is at stake here....probably because of your dislike for Trump....how sad is that?....

What is China spending their money on? They are financing our debt, because Trump and Congress do not have the discipline to reduce spending. You should be grateful.

China’s build-up may be a game changer for EU arms transfers

Beijing’s military build-up just starting - a lot more to come, expert warns

DOD Official Details Continuing Chinese Military Buildup > U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE > Article

You just refuse to see what is at stake here....probably because of your dislike for Trump....how sad is that?....

I used to be a republican, before Baby Bush, and I am not a fan of government subsidies for people thrown out of work because it does not make sense to manufacture buggy whips in America anymore. I suggest that they retrain and get a job.

China’s build-up may be a game changer for EU arms transfers

Beijing’s military build-up just starting - a lot more to come, expert warns

DOD Official Details Continuing Chinese Military Buildup > U.S. DEPARTMENT OF DEFENSE > Article

If all these tariffs are such a good idea, why doesn't the GOP return all of the tariff money collected to the American consumers in the form of Income Tax rebates?

I used to be a republican, before Baby Bush, and I am not a fan of government subsidies for people thrown out of work because it does not make sense to manufacture buggy whips in America anymore. I suggest that they retrain and get a job.
You are not making any sense and are purposely refusing to see into the future regarding our number one adversary....

If all these tariffs are such a good idea, why doesn't the GOP return all of the tariff money collected to the American consumers in the form of Income Tax rebates?
Tariffs are leverage....do you know what leverage is?....

In this case, "leverage" can be defined as Trump creating a fake crisis which he can later claim that he solved, at the cost of poor and fixed income Americans paying a regressive tax on basic things they need in daily life..

An increase because of auto workers wages going up some is perfectly acceptable to most working americans. It's about time wages for workers to up. Long long overdue.
US auto workers will be fucked because their cars' costs are going up with trump's tariffs on steel and alum, fool.
Read the Det Free Press link for fucks sake
The freep link didn't mention steel or aluminum tariffs causing a huge rise in auto prices, jackass.

It merely reported empty threats.

You didn't even read your own link. And you lied about it.

Last edited:
An increase because of auto workers wages going up some is perfectly acceptable to most working americans. It's about time wages for workers to up. Long long overdue.
US auto workers will be fucked because their cars' costs are going up with trump's tariffs on steel and alum, fool.
Read the Det Free Press link for fucks sake
I'm a little curious why my posts from way back when Trump was threating car tariffs are getting traffic now. I took a couple of weeks off from this site because at least one of the mods disgusts me with his/her imperious behavior and ignoring sexual insults aimed at various posters who have done nothing but civilly disagree with a couple of pro-Trump supporters here … although the ideology probably explains the differing treatment meted out by a mod.

But at any rate, Trump has chosen not to put tariffs on EU cars (most of which are made here anyway) and Japan too (which makes cars here for export. I don't know if they have cut vehicle production. And Trump backed off the threats to Mexico, which would have hurt GM and Ford.

Ford cut 1500 jobs in part because Trump's steel and alum tariffs added one billion in costs, and profits are down over a third, which is actually better than expected.
Job Cuts at Ford Motor to Total 7,000 by August

Although its little comfort to those workers, Trump has apparently decided to end those tariffs.
US ends tariffs on Canada, Mexico steel and aluminum that cost US carmakers billions

Possibly because the new Nafta supposedly provided Can and Mex can't use Chinese steel

And GM's job cuts and production cuts have been all too well covered

1. With the current economy. Does it look like we are getting screwed?

2. China are pouring their $ money in reusable energy and military. Name me one country that doesn’t spend their money trying to build up their military.

3. China has loooong way to go before catching up with US military almighty. I’m not worried about it.

Trump a total moron makes us the laughing stock around the world trying to create a crisis that isn’t there.

IF YOU ARE SO WORRIED ............... We are no longer the leader of the free world. Trump made us puppet of Putin. He made us a racist, bully, ignorant, hypocrite, pathological liar asshole.
Because of Trump China ( Russia is behind ) is taking the advantage as the leader of free world.
If you think they hate us before especially in Middle East and Asia. Today? Think again. Actually some are questioning if Trump is retarded.

You should be worried as long as Trump is our President.

The cost of making them absolutely ywill increase. If you are suggesting they will not pass this on to the consumer, then they will produce less and lay off workers.

It's one or the other. Or, both.

No doubt, the price of cars goes up every year, and increased cost is passed on to the consumer. You can thank unions and California for most of those cost hikes.

Are you sure that you don't want to deal out blame to transsexuals, welfare queens, and blacks looking for "free shit"!
/——-/ No, because Trannies, welfare Queens and Blacks don’t influence the cost of cars. Unions and Gubmint Regs do.

/——/ Chinese tariffs impact US cars sold to them which means we sell fewer cars overseas. Meanwhile we have low tariff on foreign cars sold here, putting our manufacturers at a disadvantage.

Yes and No.

1. If you remove the Chinese tariffs US cars made in US are still way too expensive. This is the main reason why US car manufacturers go to China and Mexico to build US cars or US products.
Just like me or Trump products. That makes this 10 yo POTUS hypocrite.

2. Almost all or every US business sectors are (except steel industries and garlic farmers in Gilroy, California) crying against Trump trade wars with China.

Did you hear car manufacturers complaining about Chinese or Mexico tariffs? Did you hear them complaining losing money because of tariffs? But you hear them blasting Trump trade wars.

Honestly this showed that Trump has nothing to do with the current economic situation.

We do not have a trade crisis with China......... here comes Trump creating trade wars.

We do not have a crisis with Iran ............. here comes Trump sending US armada and thousand of military personnel in ME creating crisis. We are close to war in ME and might trigger WW3 than ever because of this moron.

No doubt, the price of cars goes up every year, and increased cost is passed on to the consumer. You can thank unions and California for most of those cost hikes.

Are you sure that you don't want to deal out blame to transsexuals, welfare queens, and blacks looking for "free shit"!

/——/ Chinese tariffs impact US cars sold to them which means we sell fewer cars overseas. Meanwhile we have low tariff on foreign cars sold here, putting our manufacturers at a disadvantage.

Yes and No.

1. If you remove the Chinese tariffs US cars made in US are still way too expensive. This is the main reason why US car manufacturers go to China and Mexico to build US cars or US products.

2. Almost all or every US business sectors are (except steel industries and garlic farmers in Gilroy, California) crying against Trump trade wars with China.

Did you hear car manufacturers complaining about Chinese or Mexico tariffs? Did you hear them complaining losing money because of tariffs? But you hear them blasting Trump trade wars.

Honestly this showed that Trump has nothing to do with the current economic situation.
/----/ Funny stuff. You just make crap up on your wishful thinking.
1.) All car sales in China: Chinese Car Sales Data - Left-Lane.com
Chevrolet: Chevrolet China auto sales figures
2.) Folks have to look at the big picture; Trump to allow U.S. firms to sell technology to Huawei and promises farmers they would win from new talks, in wide-ranging news conference

Last edited:

Yes and No.

/----/ Funny stuff. You just make crap up bad on your wishful thinking.
1.) All car sales in China: http://carsalesbase.com/china-car-sales-data/
Chevrolet: Chevrolet China auto sales figures
2.) Folks have to look at the big picture; Trump to allow U.S. firms to sell technology to Huawei and promises farmers they would win from new talks, in wide-ranging news conference

I specifically pointed to you facts and reality. Nothing funny or bullshit.

Tell me where in my post where you think it’s a crap or wishful thinking.

Did you even read or understand your link that you posted?

Forum List

Back