Trump Repeats Call for Candidate to Run Against Don Bacon....

The gap between rich and poor narrowed under Trump.
I would like you to provide evidence this is true.

U.S. income inequality narrowed slightly over last three years: Fed​

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Income inequality in the United States narrowed in the first three years of the Trump administration
"Slightly." So what was the net over his entire administration? Why "over last three years" in the title then "in the first three years" immediately after? Someone at Reuters could use a smack in the head.

Yes. Thanks for verifying that the link works. Do you go out of your way to defend billionaires daily?
I go out of my way to defend the truth. You presented that link as if it shows that the statement was false.

Thanks for that "as if"-pology. Speculation =

LOL
You're going to pretend that's not what you did?

Do you acknowledge that the top 1% do indeed pay 40%? The author of your link did. He did try his best to mitigate that fact though.

40% what? Try acknowledging that the devil's in the details, sunshine. Any idiot can apply lipstick to a pig using cherry picked stats.

I think you're deliberately trying to obscure reality in this instance. I'm not going to spend 10 pages trying to force some honesty out of you.

Peace.

OK
There were proportionately larger gains in wealth as well for Black and Hispanic families, the Fed said. Median net worth rose 33% for Black families and 65% for Hispanic families, compared with a 3% gain in the median for white families. However the absolute gap remained large: the median net worth for white families, at $188,200, was nearly eight times that of the $24,100 median for Blacks, and over five times that of the $36,100 of Hispanic families.
apnews.com AP Fact Check: Trump exaggerates on Black Economic Gains June 7, 2020 Also; apnews.com Trump on Black Unemployment August 15, 2018 Just more lies, what else can you expect from a crazy con-man.

Maybe the people in Nebraska love Brandon as much as their liberal Republican senators do? Ben Sasse is a rabid Never-Trumper, and Chuck Hagel disliked the millions of Little Trumpsters even before Trump entered public life.

I think you're deliberately trying to obscure reality in this instance. I'm not going to spend 10 pages trying to force some honesty out of you.

Peace.
To be crystal, I posted that link because Stann's didn't work. Period. Want facts? Try asking instead of smearing with speculative BS (dishonesty).

And talk about obscuring, the question here was supposedly about "The gap between rich and poor narrowed under Trump." What does who paid what in taxes in this or that year have to do with the actual price of tea in China?

apnews.com AP Fact Check: Trump exaggerates on Black Economic Gains June 7, 2020 Also; apnews.com Trump on Black Unemployment August 15, 2018 Just more lies, what else can you expect from a crazy con-man.
kyzr's source is "national taxpayers union foundation" which is rated "conservative" meaning vastly funded by and for "nonpartisan" billionaires.

To be crystal, I posted that link because Stann's didn't work. Period. Want facts? Try asking instead of smearing with speculative BS (dishonesty).

And talk about obscuring, the question here was supposedly about "The gap between rich and poor narrowed under Trump." What does who paid what in taxes in this or that year have to do with the actual price of tea in China?

I think people in general have a bad habit of not acknowledging inconvenient facts. Inconvenient facts don't necessarily make your perspective wrong though, and being anything less than candid about them can really weaken your position.

I agree that there's a lot of context that needs to be observed when discussing that fact. I also agree that conservatives are not good at acknowledging relevant context that supports your position.

We actually agree on a lot more than you might expect.

Last edited:
I think people in general have a bad habit of not acknowledging inconvenient facts. An inconvenient fact doesn't make your perspective wrong though, and being anything less than candidly honest about inconvenient facts can really weaken your position.

I agree that there's a lot of context that needs to be observed when discussing that fact. I also agree that conservatives are not good at acknowledging relevant context that supports your position.

We actually agree on a lot more than you might expect.
I agree.

I try to be respectful to you because I acknowledge you as a thinking person. I get a little tilted when decent posters say things that imply I'm right wing and/or lying about my alignment. I'm not. I just find more value in criticizing my side.

Anyway, that's me trying to apologize for being rude.

The biggest one was giving money to the rich, a variation of the " trickle-down " theory, that republicans tried twice before with no results except widening the gap between the rich and the poor, in many cases allowing the super-rich to pay no taxes at all.
Letting people keep what's theirs in the first place isn't "giving" them anything....You're using the language of schemers.

You know where to look you know the topic you can do it if you like. I'm not doing your work you're not interested in the truth anyway.
:auiqs.jpg:

Translation....."thank you for handing me my ass in this debate. Have a nice day!!"

"Slightly." So what was the net over his entire administration? Why "over last three years" in the title then "in the first three years" immediately after? Someone at Reuters could use a smack in the head.
It narrowed slightly only because of the tax breaks or or the rest of people which unlike the tax breaks for the rich will expire and probably come back with a vengeance in 2026. His tax breaks allows the rich to keep their brakes forever. Also the effects of covid ate up more than the benefits they received from the tax breaks so people in worst shape now than ever. Fortunately Biden is president now and wages are finally going up for real now it's not a scheme they're actually going up and with that of course inflation kicked in. I just can't seem to get ahead here but there's always a good old staples, hope and prayer. Sometimes that's all you got.

Forum List

Back