"Trump re-invented the presidency into a round-the-clock TV & twitter show"- Peter Baker thinks he's criticizing Trump but this is why voters like him

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
Americans crave for entertainment. that's why i prefer Ted Cruz over DeSantis if Trump doesn't make it in 2024 as the GOP nominee...or why not Chris Christie, the fighter?

Agreed. This whole ugly period is not about politics or individuals. It's sociological. Anthropological. Cultural.

This period is about what this country has become. Or perhaps, worse, what it has always been. This internecine combat and chaos is clearly what many of us want.

Last edited:
Agreed. This whole ugly period is not about politics or individuals. It's sociological. Anthropological. Cultural.

This period is about what this country has become. Or perhaps, worse, what it has always been.
People having more access to the White House without the media middle man's ability to spin or suppress just drives you bat-shit crazy, doesn't it?

You NEED your media gatekeepers.

Whoever decided politics should be entertaining should burn in Hell for all eternity.

• Banned
Whoever decided politics should be entertaining should burn in Hell for all eternity.
i prefer watching politics for entertainment than watching movies, because it has real life consequences, it's like watching a reality show that doesn't end

i prefer watching politics for entertainment than watching movies, because it has real life consequences, it's like watching a reality show that doesn't end
A "reality" show that does not end is a kind of Hell already. A stable government with responsible deliberative leaders is boring. That's how it used to be before it was decided to punch up every controversy to ridiculous levels to get idiots watching 24/7 news shows.

People having more access to the White House without the media middle man's ability to spin or suppress just drives you bat-shit crazy, doesn't it?

You NEED your media gatekeepers.
Yes, and we all know that if Trump told you that the US was evil and that all of his followers should denounce citizenship and move to Russia, you would be saluting Putin and singing the Russian anthem within a week.

Forum List

Back