CDZ Trump proves himself a paper tiger

katsung47

VIP Member
Nov 22, 2011
Trump proves himself a paper tiger

Trump Just Promised To Respect The “One China” Policy: Here’s What That Means

James HolbrooksTrump FEBRUARY 11, 2017

President Donald Trump, according to official statements, has agreed to change course and abide by the ‘One China’ policy.

Now, with Trump seemingly succumbing to the will of the Chinese leader, many analysts are saying the new U.S. president has lost serious face.

“There is certainly a way of negotiating with the Chinese, but threats concerning fundamental, core interests are counterproductive from the get-go,” he said. “The end result is that Trump just confirmed to the world that he is a paper tiger, a zhilaohu — someone that seems threatening but is wholly ineffectual and unable to stomach a challenge.”

Trump Just Promised To Respect The "One China" Policy: Here's What That Means

--------------------

Trump is wrong in the eyes of most of the media regardless of what he does.

It means he will take the path that currently most benefits the United States. Should the situation change, so will the path.

It means he will take the path that currently most benefits the United States. Should the situation change, so will the path.

Might wanna look up the definition of "paper tiger" there Billy. Here, lemmie help you out....................

Paper tiger is a literal English translation of the Chinese phrase zhilaohu (紙老虎). The term refers to something that seems threatening but is ineffectual and unable to withstand challenge.

Paper tiger - Wikipedia

It actually means that China thinks Trump is a pussy and will roll over for them.

Not on them like he's claiming, but rather for them and do their bidding.

I bet you thought "paper tiger" referred to a fierce, rich person with a lot of money, didn't you?

Might wanna look up the definition of "paper tiger" there Billy. Here, lemmie help you out....................

Paper tiger is a literal English translation of the Chinese phrase zhilaohu (紙老虎). The term refers to something that seems threatening but is ineffectual and unable to withstand challenge.

Paper tiger - Wikipedia

It actually means that China thinks Trump is a pussy and will roll over for them.

I bet you thought "paper tiger" referred to a fierce, rich person with a lot of money, didn't you?

Nope. Nor do I care what the Chinese think.

Ni shi bai chi. Try consulting Sun Tzu.

President Donald Trump, according to official statements, has agreed to change course and abide by the ‘One China’ policy.

Now, with Trump seemingly succumbing to the will of the Chinese leader, many analysts are saying the new U.S. president has lost serious face.

“There is certainly a way of negotiating with the Chinese, but threats concerning fundamental, core interests are counterproductive from the get-go,” he said. “The end result is that Trump just confirmed to the world that he is a paper tiger, a zhilaohu — someone that seems threatening but is wholly ineffectual and unable to stomach a challenge.”

--------------------

Donald is not "my boy" to say the least.

He stirred the pot a bit talking with Taiwan first.

Then he let China save some face.

Doesn't seem like the worst idea ever. I'm happier with that than the loud brash mad orange skinned man starting a war for my kids to fight when Taiwan effectively is its own country already.

Really it seems a decent, safe idea in my loud obnoxious opinion. Heck, when our own Georgia declares independence our policy is to go and get it back.

What do you think Donald should do or should have done in this case?

Trump is unpredictable, that makes him dangerous as far as the Chinese are concerned, so I vehemently disagree with the conclusions drawn by OP & the author of the linked article.

The Chinese really do not have much recourse here, their economy and financial well being are dependent upon the US purchasing their goods.

We do not want to be in a war with China, not a shooting war or a trade war - we d need them. But they need us just as much, maybe even more.

I certainly trust Trump to negotiate with China tenfold more than I would Mrs Clinton or ex President Obama.

Paper tiger - Wikipedia

What do you want me to consult Sun-Tzu about? Are you referring to something in The Art of War? If so, what part, I have a copy of it. I also have a copy of The Tao Te Ching. Doesn't change the fact that you don't know how to use the term "paper tiger" correctly.

--------------------

Speaking of paper tigers, why don't you put forth your own views instead of simply quoting others?

Paper tiger - Wikipedia

What do you want me to consult Sun-Tzu about? Are you referring to something in The Art of War? If so, what part, I have a copy of it. I also have a copy of The Tao Te Ching. Doesn't change the fact that you don't know how to use the term "paper tiger" correctly.

No doubt the Chairman's Little Red Book as well.

I did not use the term "paper tiger'.

Paper tiger - Wikipedia

Nope, no copy of the Little Red Book. Just The Art of War (in some cases, it's required reading in the Navy), and The Tao Te Ching, because I really like Taoist philosophy.

No, you're correct, you did not use the term paper tiger directly, however, when you responded to Katsung saying that Trump had proved himself to be a paper tiger, you stated that it meant he would take the position that benefits the US, and if the situation changed, so would the path, meaning that is what you thought paper tiger meant. I was just trying to help you out so you wouldn't make such silly statements in the future.

Then, when you tried to quote something you thought I would know nothing about and I told you I did, you tried to deflect and claim I was a communist by saying I probably had a copy of the Little Red Book as well.

If anyone wants to follow the full conversation, all they have to do is hit the "click to expand" button.

Paper tiger - Wikipedia

Nope, no copy of the Little Red Book. Just The Art of War (in some cases, it's required reading in the Navy), and The Tao Te Ching, because I really like Taoist philosophy.

No, you're correct, you did not use the term paper tiger directly, however, when you responded to Katsung saying that Trump had proved himself to be a paper tiger, you stated that it meant he would take the position that benefits the US, and if the situation changed, so would the path, meaning that is what you thought paper tiger meant. I was just trying to help you out so you wouldn't make such silly statements in the future.

Then, when you tried to quote something you thought I would know nothing about and I told you I did, you tried to deflect and claim I was a communist by saying I probably had a copy of the Little Red Book as well.

If anyone wants to follow the full conversation, all they have to do is hit the "click to expand" button.

Of course, my statement illustrated what it in reality meant that he recognized (for the time being) the One China policy, not what the term "paper tiger" itself meant.

Indeed folks, hit the button.

Paper Tiger = Obama not holding his redline with Syria.

Hate to tell you, but this is about something CHINA (not Syria), said about TRUMP (not Obama).

Hate to tell you, but this is about something CHINA (not Syria), said about TRUMP (not Obama).
Hate to tell you, that doesn't change my previous statement.
Paper Tiger = Obama not holding his redline with Syria. And that was one of the many factors that helped Trump win over Obama's first Seceratary of State, HRC.

These inane discussions demonstrate that President Trump is beating the media at their own game.

Hate to tell you, that doesn't change my previous statement.
Paper Tiger = Obama not holding his redline with Syria. And that was one of the many factors that helped Trump win over Obama's first Seceratary of State, HRC.

China never called Obama a paper tiger, because if they had, the GOP would have been all over it and said how bad Obama was for relations with China. But, China never called him one because they knew he had a spine.

However..................China DID call Trump a paper tiger.

China never called Obama a paper tiger, because if they had, the GOP would have been all over it and said how bad Obama was for relations with China. But, China never called him one because they knew he had a spine.

So what?

So what?

China calling Trump a paper tiger means that they have no respect for him because they think he is ineffective and cannot hurt them.

They think he's weak.

So what?

China calling Trump a paper tiger means that they have no respect for him because they think he is ineffective and cannot hurt them.

They think he's weak.

Unlike Obama?

Forum List

Back