Trump pardons ex-soldier convicted of killing Iraqi prisoner

I believe that this happens a lot.

Vietnam war era William Calley who led the massacre at Mai Lai was sentenced to a long prison term & served about 3 years & released.

They convict to show they care & then release them after things calm down.
Calley wasn’t in charge of that. His battalion commander was. They tried to make Calley the fall guy. His pardon was justified. How long were our troops supposed to take fire from that shit hole village?
Calley made the all to kill civilians. Women & children killed & you justify that?

"Unpremeditated murder in a combat zone"? And this nets a combat American Lieutenant 25 freaking years? I could list a thousand examples of unpremeditated murder in an urban zone in the U.S. netting less than ten years. Is it any wonder that we are at a stalemate in Afghanistan when a Soldier is facing a quarter of a century in prison if the political freaks determine that he pulled the trigger on an unarmed terrorist or someone who was later determined to be a civilian? Keep in mind that former democrat presidential candidate and senator John Kerry recommended himself for a Silver Star for chasing down and shooting an unarmed teenaged V.C. who had fired a rocket at his Fastboat. Imagine if they had this agenda during WW2.
Lying fuck. You love trashing vets like John Kerry & John McCain.
Defend the guy instead of calling me a lying fuck. Kerry murdered an unarmed V.C. kid and put himself in for a Silver Star.

Vietnam war era William Calley who led the massacre at Mai Lai was sentenced to a long prison term & served about 3 years & released.

Calley wasn’t in charge of that. His battalion commander was. They tried to make Calley the fall guy. His pardon was justified. How long were our troops supposed to take fire from that shit hole village?
Calley made the all to kill civilians. Women & children killed & you justify that?[/QUOy
Yep. If they have been supporting the enemy for 8 months and your men are dying.

Calley made the all to kill civilians. Women & children killed & you justify that?
Yep. If they have been supporting the enemy for 8 months and your men are dying.

"Unpremeditated murder in a combat zone"? And this nets a combat American Lieutenant 25 freaking years? I could list a thousand examples of unpremeditated murder in an urban zone in the U.S. netting less than ten years. Is it any wonder that we are at a stalemate in Afghanistan when a Soldier is facing a quarter of a century in prison if the political freaks determine that he pulled the trigger on an unarmed terrorist or someone who was later determined to be a civilian? Keep in mind that former democrat presidential candidate and senator John Kerry recommended himself for a Silver Star for chasing down and shooting an unarmed teenaged V.C. who had fired a rocket at his Fastboat. Imagine if they had this agenda during WW2.
Lying fuck. You love trashing vets like John Kerry & John McCain.
Defend the guy instead of calling me a lying fuck. Kerry murdered an unarmed V.C. kid and put himself in for a Silver Star.
He must have kicked the kid in the head with his horse hooves.

Kerry told the truth about atrocities.
This Army investigator says he did not.WinterSoldier.com - Army Investigator: Kerry Lied About War Crimes

Obama stopped Iran's nuclear work.
Like hell he did. Obama Administration’s Iran Deal Failure: A Reckoning | National Review

Bitch about McCain's politics all you want, but not his military career like your fat assed orange buddy did.
I've said nothing about McCain as a naval officer and POW. His military service , as far as I can tell, was as
commendable as everything he did as a politician was venal, bad tempered and treacherous.

Kerry told the truth about atrocities.
This Army investigator says he did not.WinterSoldier.com - Army Investigator: Kerry Lied About War Crimes

Obama stopped Iran's nuclear work.
Like hell he did. Obama Administration’s Iran Deal Failure: A Reckoning | National Review

Bitch about McCain's politics all you want, but not his military career like your fat assed orange buddy did.
I've said nothing about McCain as a naval officer and POW. His military service , as far as I can tell, was as
commendable as everything he did as a politician was venal, bad tempered and treacherous.
Iran Deal was treasonous.

Its telling that conservatives believe no rules apply to war.......

Hey Cult-meister, when your enemy has no rules of engagement, you better have ONLY ONE:

KILL THE BASTARDS any way you can.

I have no idea what your posting about other than destroying civilization and conventional wisdom.

If your convention wisdom involves sitting back and letting the enemy kill you while you punish your own for doing their jobs, then maybe we need a new, better wisdom to save civilization, because YOU AIN'T IT.

So you think it is ok for a soldier to just execute a man in cold blood.

No, but it is a soldier's job to neutralize the enemy, especially if you know he is a threat to you. And the facts have born that out, so stop right now with your attempts at strawman arguments. al Quada were the ones to declare war to the death against us. This guy was fighting for the people who killed 3000 Americans and brought down the WTC.

Why was Mansur stripped naked again?

Hey Cult-meister, when your enemy has no rules of engagement, you better have ONLY ONE:

KILL THE BASTARDS any way you can.

I have no idea what your posting about other than destroying civilization and conventional wisdom.

If your convention wisdom involves sitting back and letting the enemy kill you while you punish your own for doing their jobs, then maybe we need a new, better wisdom to save civilization, because YOU AIN'T IT.

So you think it is ok for a soldier to just execute a man in cold blood.

No, but it is a soldier's job to neutralize the enemy, especially if you know he is a threat to you. And the facts have born that out, so stop right now with your attempts at strawman arguments. al Quada were the ones to declare war to the death against us. This guy was fighting for the people who killed 3000 Americans and brought down the WTC.

Why was Mansur stripped naked again?

Why should we care?

The Hill ^ | May 6, 2019 |

President Trump on Monday signed an executive clemency granting a full pardon to a former Army first lieutenant convicted of murdering an Iraqi prisoner.

The White House released a statement announcing Trump's decision to pardon Michael Behenna, who was sentenced in 2009 to 15 years for shooting and killing Ali Mansur Mohamed. The move comes after repeated requests from Oklahoma's attorney general for Trump to pardon Behenna.

"Mr. Behenna’s case has attracted broad support from the military, Oklahoma elected officials, and the public," the White House said, noting that more than two-dozen generals and admirals, as well as numerous Oklahoma officials, have expressed support from Behenna, who hails from Edmond. The statements adds that he has been "a model prisoner."

"In light of these facts, Mr. Behenna is entirely deserving of this Grant of Executive Clemency," the statement read.

Prosecutors argued Behenna shot and killed Mansur, an alleged al-Qaida operative, in the desert in 2008 in retaliation for an improvised explosive device (IED) attack. Mansur had previously been ordered released due to lack of evidence for his connection to the terrorist group, and Behenna reportedly killed him while returning him to his hometown after attempting to question him about the IED attack.

Behenna was paroled in 2014 and was to remain on parole until 2024 prior to the pardon. Oklahoma Attorney General Mike Hunter (R) recently petitioned the Trump administration to pardon the Oklahoma native, writing to Attorney General Bill Barr in April that Behenna was convicted due to improper jury instructions and that prosecutors did not properly produce evidence bolstering his claim of self-defense. Hunter had previously petitioned for the pardon in February 2018.

Hunter's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment from The Hill.

“This man is far more deserving of clemency than is that scumbag Bradley Manning.”

Because taking the man out in the desert, stripping him naked was in self defense?
The scumbag had killed 2 of his men a few weeks before....Most MEN in combat would do the same...but YOU wouldn't know!

Sorry but Reagan & Rumsfeld made it OK for Saddam to do it.
Define Reagan and Rumsfeld "made it ok" for Saddam to do it .

Sorry but I am NOT a history professor. If you have any desire to learn about the clusterfuck involvement of the US Government within the context of the Iran - Iraq War, then you should take the time to edify yourself, INSTEAD of being the lazy ass bitch you obviously are, and do your own goddamn homework.

What; do you believe you are some fucking 'entitled' fucking AmeriKKKan?
No; go DYODD.

Sorry but I am NOT a history professor. If you have any desire to learn about the clusterfuck involvement of the US Government within the context of the Iran - Iraq War, then you should take the time to edify yourself, INSTEAD of being the lazy ass bitch you obviously are, and do your own goddamn homework.

No; go DYODD.

You got that right, you're an uninformed moron. STFU, you stupid bitch, before you embarrass yourself.

No; go DYODD.

You got that right, you're an uninformed moron. STFU, you stupid bitch, before you embarrass yourself.

I understand the history of the Iran-Iraq War, which you & your ass hole cohorts obviously know nothing of.
That is why shit heads like you & your cohorts request edification on the subject.
But then when I hear shit from your dumb ass about threatening to hang a former POTUS, then I see a complete dumb ass with very little to NO good judgement.
You should just go hunker down in your little fucking GOP bunker & wait for some acid rain, or maybe some dildos.
Yeah; I think you prolly like those dildos .............. rainbow colored dildos .........

No; go DYODD.

I understand the history of the Iran-Iraq War, which you & your ass hole cohorts obviously know nothing of.
That is why shit heads like you & your cohorts request edification on the subject.
But then when I hear shit from your dumb ass about threatening to hang a former POTUS, then I see a complete dumb ass with very little to NO good judgement.
You should just go hunker down in your little fucking GOP bunker & wait for some acid rain, or maybe some dildos.
Yeah; I think you prolly like those dildos .............. rainbow colored dildos .........

Ewps! Too late, you done embarrassed yourself. Next subject!

No; go DYODD.

Ewps! Too late, you done embarrassed yourself. Next subject!

Yes, we were discussing the Iran-Iraq War, something you obviously don't know shit about.

Try staying on topic next time, or at least throw in one word of thread content.

I do understand you have a mental handicap so, I will give you twp points on that but two points won't cover your dumb ass.

No; go DYODD.

marion meat plate

Try again... Rumsfeld 'helped Iraq get chemical weapons' | Daily Mail Online

No; go DYODD.

marion meat plate

Try again... Rumsfeld 'helped Iraq get chemical weapons' | Daily Mail Online

Marion cannot help himself: Marion does NOT understand anything about the history of the Iran-Iraq War, he threatens former POTUS with hanging, and he plays a mean skin flute & he said he really enjoys the skin flute. The guy is a complete wreck but he really needs to get up to speed on the Iran-Iraq War history instead of being a Trump hooker.

So lessee: A soldier kills the enemy in the line of duty with the full support of the military up and down the ranks and some POS prosecutor sentences the man to 15 years? We need President Trump to arrest the prosecutor and sentence him to 15 years for conspiracy against the better interests of his own nation along with a fine of $250,000 to be paid by the prosecutor to the soldier's family for harm done!

He killed an unarmed prisoner, something we are taught in the first week of boot camp is a bad thing.
Apparently, not in MAGAland anymore.

~~~~~~
May I suggest you read a little history of WWII history in the Pacific and the war against the VietMinh/Vietcong.

Forum List

Back