Trump on Opposition to Renaming Confederate-Named Bases: Are We Going to Name Them After Al Sharpton?

Lol..... he's got a point. Leave those bases named after Confederate patriotic legends alone.. Past sevicemen who were stationed and trained at those bases and fought past and present wars were proud of those Confederate named bases rather than opposed to them. Again, Trump is right, who would want to serve at an Army military base named Fort Sharpton or Camp Alinsky?

Why would you call confederates patriotic? there is no such thing as a "Confederate patriot legend." They were not Americans. They were turncoats and filthy traitors. Name these places for Americans. Why not Base Sharpton? Do you want a Base frankie graham? Base Fallwell??? Base trump? Come on.

When you say they were not Americans, you are supporting the legitimacy of the Secession.

You are too stupid to understand the words you say.

Lol..... he's got a point. Leave those bases named after Confederate patriotic legends alone.. Past sevicemen who were stationed and trained at those bases and fought past and present wars were proud of those Confederate named bases rather than opposed to them. Again, Trump is right, who would want to serve at an Army military base named Fort Sharpton or Camp Alinsky?

Why would you call confederates patriotic? there is no such thing as a "Confederate patriot legend." They were not Americans. They were turncoats and filthy traitors. Name these places for Americans. Why not Base Sharpton? Do you want a Base frankie graham? Base Fallwell??? Base trump? Come on.

They were democrats but they were americans.

His racism just blurts right out.

What about a statue of Pat Tillman? How about Sally Ride or John Glenn? How about Jonas Salk?

Military bases should be named after military people. Sally Ride, unfortunately, wouldn't make the cut.

I'd have no problem with a new base being named, say, Fort Tillman. He embodied everything that's truly great about this country. Likewise, I'd be fine with a new base being named after John Glenn.

The bases which are named for Confederate Generals should remain named for them. The legacy of those bases does not rest in who they're named for but, rather, in the thousands of brave Americans who've served on board those bases. Brave Americans have served in the 101st Airborne and the 82nd Airborne and, for almost the last 80 years, they've been proud to say they served at Fort Bragg.

Changing the name accomplishes nothing...
I was talking about statues, but there are plenty of worthy military to rename bases. Audie Murphy, for one.

Well, the thread's about the names of bases, not statues. Putting up a statue of Pat Tillman or Sally Ride would never come close to appeasing the idiot left.

What I would propose is this: New military facilities should be named after folks like John Glenn or Pat Tillman. Leave existing bases alone, as their names represent so much more than the people they're named for. They represent the countless brave Americans who've served in them...

What about a statue of Pat Tillman? How about Sally Ride or John Glenn? How about Jonas Salk?

Military bases should be named after military people. Sally Ride, unfortunately, wouldn't make the cut.

I'd have no problem with a new base being named, say, Fort Tillman. He embodied everything that's truly great about this country. Likewise, I'd be fine with a new base being named after John Glenn.

The bases which are named for Confederate Generals should remain named for them. The legacy of those bases does not rest in who they're named for but, rather, in the thousands of brave Americans who've served on board those bases. Brave Americans have served in the 101st Airborne and the 82nd Airborne and, for almost the last 80 years, they've been proud to say they served at Fort Bragg.

I was talking about statues, but there are plenty of worthy military to rename bases. Audie Murphy, for one.
Good one. I like Sgt. York.

Good one. I like Sgt. York.
Alvin! :biggrin:

Forum List

Back