Trump, Mexicans, and Rapists

EvMetro

Platinum Member
Mar 10, 2017
On another thread, a lefty member here claimed that Trump called Mexicans rapists. To claim that he called Mexicans rapists, without getting any more specific than that, is to claim that he made a broad generalization of Mexicans as a whole. I have broken his famous quote down here, so we can see what he really did say:

First, here is the actual quote:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

Now, let's have a closer look at this:

In the first sentence, he is talking about people who he alleges that Mexico sends, and he has excluded "Mexico's best" from the people who he is talking about. This first sentence clearly shows that Trump was not commenting on "all" Mexicans, just the people who Mexico sends who are not also not Mexico's best.

Ok, next sentence. "They're not sending you, they're not sending you", sounds like it is open to interpretation, but the one thing we do know is that he is not talking about Mexico's best, or all Mexicans.

The next sentence really narrows things down as far as who he is talking about. "They're sending people who have lots of problems, and they are bringing those problems with us." Here, he has narrowed down who he is talking about to people Mexico sends, who are not Mexico's best, certainly not every Mexican everywhere, and who are bringing problems. His grammar is pretty screwed up with the "us" thing, but it does not appear he is intending on including "us" as who he is talking about.

This next part is not describing who he is talking about, but tells us some of the "problems" of the people who Mexico sends who are bringing problems. "They're bringing drugs, They're bringing crime. They're rapists." Those problems that this isolated group of people who are not Mexico's best, not you, not all Mexicans, and who have problems, do sound pretty bad, so I am sure glad that Trump brought these things up. These things need to be brought up and be handled.

Last sentence: "And some I assume, are good people." It was pretty generous that Trump added this on, considering the kinds of problems that this isolated group of people are bringing. He assumes that some of these people who Mexico sends who are not Mexico's best, not you, not all Mexicans, and who are bringing such problems are actually good people.

Now we know who Trump was talking about:
An isolated group of people who Mexico sends who are not Mexico's best, not you, and who bring lots of problems.

Now we know who he was not talking about:
He was not talking about Mexico's best, or all Mexicans, or you.

It was interesting on the thread where the member claimed that Trump called Mexicans rapists, that Trump's alleged accusation was posted as evidence that Trump is a racist. Can you believe this? Mexicans are not even a race, and this crazy allegation that Trump called Mexicans rapists was supposed to be evidence that Trump was a racist!

You first have to start with the realization that everything is racist to the left. And I mean everything. Proper grammar, voting, your job, peanut butter jelly sandwiches and even milk. All racist.

I'm sure you will be called a racist for this thread.

If the lefties drop in here to swarm the thread, they will simply deny that Trump said what he said in the actual quote above, and then claim that Trump said what the left says he said. Pogo should be stopping by here at some point to inform us that the op is a strawman.

On another thread, a lefty member here claimed that Trump called Mexicans rapists. To claim that he called Mexicans rapists, without getting any more specific than that, is to claim that he made a broad generalization of Mexicans as a whole. I have broken his famous quote down here, so we can see what he really did say:

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.”

In the first sentence, he is talking about people who he alleges that Mexico sends, and he has excluded "Mexico's best" from the people who he is talking about. This first sentence clearly shows that Trump was not commenting on "all" Mexicans, just the people who Mexico sends who are not also not Mexico's best.

Ok, next sentence. "They're not sending you, they're not sending you", sounds like it is open to interpretation, but the one thing we do know is that he is not talking about Mexico's best, or all Mexicans.

The next sentence really narrows things down as far as who he is talking about. "They're sending people who have lots of problems, and they are bringing those problems with us." Here, he has narrowed down who he is talking about to people Mexico sends, who are not Mexico's best, certainly not every Mexican everywhere, and who are bringing problems. His grammar is pretty screwed up with the "us" thing, but it does not appear he is intending on including "us" as who he is talking about.

This next part is not describing who he is talking about, but tells us some of the "problems" of the people who Mexico sends who are bringing problems. "They're bringing drugs, They're bringing crime. They're rapists." Those problems that this isolated group of people who are not Mexico's best, not you, not all Mexicans, and who have problems, do sound pretty bad, so I am sure glad that Trump brought these things up. These things need to be brought up and be handled.

Last sentence: "And some I assume, are good people." It was pretty generous that Trump added this on, considering the kinds of problems that this isolated group of people are bringing. He assumes that some of these people who Mexico sends who are not Mexico's best, not you, not all Mexicans, and who are bringing such problems are actually good people.

An isolated group of people who Mexico sends who are not Mexico's best, not you, and who bring lots of problems.

Sorry, I do not know what you are talking about.
As for Trump, he talks off the top of his head and says whatever comes to his mind. He begins sentences before he knows what he wants to say and he certainly gave the impression that most Mexican immigrants are "bad hombres".

You first have to start with the realization that everything is racist to the left. And I mean everything. Proper grammar, voting, your job, peanut butter jelly sandwiches and even milk. All racist.

I'm sure you will be called a racist for this thread.
Mexican men arent rapists? havent we all seen those young mexican girls going to and from wal-mart with 2 or 3 kids/crossing the street off to their sub par hoods? we have at least a few neighborhoods like that here in naples fla. whenever i see that,,,what comes to mind is that mexican men will have sex with anyone,,baby or no baby aftermath

Eloy, tell us how he gave the impression that "most" Mexican immigrants are bad hombres.

Just saw another member try to use the rapist thing to prove Trump is a racist, over on the "Trump is not a racist" thread. Good grief!

This thread =

45b10a8986d571677b9261a3f97f72fe80c6d91fd69a2dc1289ff52737bb096f.jpg

There is a member here, Pogo, who denies on a different thread, that the left believed trump was a racist in the first place, after not being able to post any evidence that he is in fact a racist. Are you denying that the left has any knowledge of Trump's famous quote that this thread is about?

There is a member here, Pogo, who denies on a different thread, that the left believed trump was a racist in the first place, after not being able to post any evidence that he is in fact a racist. Are you denying that the left has any knowledge of Trump's famous quote that this thread is about?
I do not believe there is a Left in the USA but I do believe the term is applied there for anyone who is not very conservative.
There is no doubt that Donald Trump sounded like a racist by calling Mexicans drug pushers and rapists during his campaign. But to be clear, I think he talks from the top of his head and says outrageous things without considering the truth and he is fond of calling names of various people such as those who oppose him politically and he says the the Chinese are raping America too. No one should take him seriously. He is a showman and confidence trickster.

I do not believe there is a Left in the USA but I do believe the term is applied there for anyone who is not very conservative.

Holy shit, this is amazing! There is no left! How could the left think Trump called Mexicans rapists, when there isn't even a left? I thought I had seen it all on political boards, but this is the first time I have encountered somebody who doesn't believe the left even exists. Amazing!

There is no doubt that Donald Trump sounded like a racist by calling Mexicans drug pushers and rapists during his campaign.

Trump never said any such thing. To claim that he called Mexicans rapists, without getting any more specific than that, is to claim that he made a broad generalization of Mexicans as a whole. I have broken his famous quote down here, so we can see what he really did say:

What a lot of flap yap semantics to deny that fact that the orange clown is a demagogue who stirs up hate for minority groups in order to take advantage of the less intelligent among the majority groups. He is one sick MF and so are you.

What a lot of flap yap semantics to deny that fact

There is no need to deny or dispute facts here. The actual quote is right here in front of us, so we can all see exactly what he really did and did not say. It was the MSM that has stirred up all the hate, as we can see here by what Trump really did say, vs what the MSM brainwashed you and the left into believing.

Eloy, tell us how he gave the impression that "most" Mexican immigrants are bad hombres.
Bomber Trump said that the Mexicans are not sending the good people but rapists, drug pushers, and murderers. He also guessed that some could be good but not generally. The pathological liar who is running the USA is an unbelievable slime ball.

Forum List

Back