Trump Lies Again That Nancy Pelosi Refused National Guard Help For Jan. 6

. "Look at the damage done by the BLM rioters"
Ummm, their is a qualitative difference between the Columbus Nike store getting its plate glass smashed vs rioters intentionally and with purpose beating the crap out of uniformed federal police on the steps of the Capitol of the United States of America in their zeal to stop the peaceful transfer of power in those United States. Think of portent. Think portentous. Think apples to oranges.
Duh!

"So he didn't request the NG from the mayor."
Why would either Sergeant perceive a need to?
After all, these were Trump Supporters. Patriots. Good responsible citizens. Some of 'em active or retired police. In DC to attend and listen to speeches at the Ellipse. They surely would not be at the Ellipse to "be there, it will be wild"?

• And, they were over 2 miles away at the Ellipse.
  • And, there was no announcement nor permit requested or issued for a march to the Capitol.
  • And, neither the Administration, the Trump Campaign, and the Ellipse Rally organizers notified the Sergeants at Arms of either the House or the Senate that Don Trump was going to send his supporters at our legislators.
  • And, the Sergeants could hardly know that DTrump, Fredo Trump, gal pal Guilfoyle, and Rudy G., and lawyer Eastman, and Senator Tuberville, (in his ballistic vest, no less) and Alex Jones would rile up and anger the crowd and send 'em directly at our legislators.

Maybe if -------maybe if, a permit had been applied for by any of those connected with the rally....maybe if someone in the White House would have called the respective Sergeants and given them a heads-up ....or hell, just given a heads up to the city that thousands of Trump Supporters were gonna be directed down 2 miles of city streets....well, maybe things would've turned out differently. And those 140 officers would not have been beaten-up, windows and doors wouldn't have been destroyed, maybe there wouldn't have been Trump Supporter's poo smeared on the interior of our Capitol, maybe the Trump Supporter Babbitt would be back home with her parents?

Duh! x2

What “lie”? The Sargent at Arms for the House and the Capitol Police Chief all refused to call in the national guard or send their own reinforcements beforehand. They all admitted it and resigned. They all answer to Pelosi and the DNC, they fell on their sword for the Party.
As usual there is no evidence to support this claim. Dishonesty and hypocrisy are the values of Mr. Hawk.

As usual there is no evidence to support this claim. Dishonesty and hypocrisy are the values of Mr. Hawk.
So you are denying the police chief resigned? He was thrown under the bus by Pelosi and the Dems.

Who is the dishonest one? You are.

Under the direction of the Speaker of the House or other presiding officer, the Sergeant at Arms plays an integral role in maintaining order and decorum in the House chamber.

The House Sergeant-at-Arms takes direction from whoever is presiding over a meeting. Meaning if someone is disruptive, the presiding officer directs the Sergeant-at-Arms to handle the situation. And even that is only in the House Chamber.
So it's not necessarily Pelosi, it's not for the entire Capitol, and it's not in regard to planning security for a future event.
Even worse for you, I challenged you to quote Pelosi specifically rejected having National Guard and you folded like a cheap suit.
Who is the "presiding officer" when the House is NOT IN SESSION DUMBO?????
Former House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving said optics played a role in his decision to decline an early request from the U.S. Capitol Police for National Guard assistance in protecting the Capitol on Jan. 6, Irving’s friend told The Washington Post.

Irving resigned his position as the top House security official on Jan. 7, a day after violence erupted at the Capitol, leaving at least five people dead. He believed congressional leaders would have balked at the suggestion of a military presence on the Capitol grounds, Bill Pickle, who served as the Senate sergeant-at-arms from 2003 to 2007, told the Post at Irving’s request.

Irving did not float the idea by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). Instead, he rejected then-U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund’s request to activate the National Guard based on what he believed would be Pelosi’s position on the matter, Pickle said.

Nancy's Policy prevented the Guard from protecting the Capitol. End of Discussion.

Last edited:
Who is the "presiding officer" when the House is NOT IN SESSION DUMBO?????
Former House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving said optics played a role in his decision to decline an early request from the U.S. Capitol Police for National Guard assistance in protecting the Capitol on Jan. 6, Irving’s friend told The Washington Post.

Irving resigned his position as the top House security official on Jan. 7, a day after violence erupted at the Capitol, leaving at least five people dead. He believed congressional leaders would have balked at the suggestion of a military presence on the Capitol grounds, Bill Pickle, who served as the Senate sergeant-at-arms from 2003 to 2007, told the Post at Irving’s request.

Irving did not float the idea by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). Instead, he rejected then-U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund’s request to activate the National Guard based on what he believed would be Pelosi’s position on the matter, Pickle said.

Nancy's Policy prevented the Guard from protecting the Capitol. End of Discussion.

The presiding officer need not be the House Speaker. Your ignorance is revealing.

And how did you make the leap from...

Irving did not float the idea by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif)

... to ...

Nancy's Policy prevented the Guard from protecting the Capitol. End of Discussion

1666291170510.png

To bad you have no evidence of such an offer. Too bad, if he did order the NG to protect the Capitol, the Speaker (nor any one) had no legal authority to countermand his order.
I do. And so do you.

And the President lacked authority to order a NG deployment. Your ignorance is on full display, blind and dumb poo

I do. And so do you.

And the President lacked authority to order a NG deployment. Your ignorance is on full display, blind and dumb poo

Wow an A+ bullshit score for you buckaroo. If he lacks the authority over the NG troops how did he offered them to the Speaker of the House?

As CiC, with one Phone call, he could have gotten the NG to the Capitol faster than anyone else.

Wow an A+ bullshit score for you buckaroo. If he lacks the authority over the NG troops how did he offered them to the Speaker of the House?
Another display of your massive ignorance, dudette. Go read a book or something. He needs to be asked. It has to be a request. So, he offered. The shit speaker wouldn’t authorize a request.

As CiC, with one Phone call, he could have gotten the NG to the Capitol faster than anyone else.
Not without permission and a request, you ignorant twat.

Another display of your massive ignorance, dudette. Go read a book or something. He needs to be asked. It has to be a request. So, he offered. The shit speaker wouldn’t authorize a request.

Not without permission and a request, you ignorant twat.
So who was it that the Dead Man waking, I mean Vice President Pence, yeah Pence, who was he calling to get the NG deployed? Why was the CiC AWOL in defending our Capitol and Congress? Why wasn't he calling?

If you don't think there were requests then well, um, ha!

So who was it that the Dead Man waking, I mean Vice President Pence, yeah Pence, who was he calling to get the NG deployed? Why was the CiC AWOL in defending our Capitol and Congress? Why wasn't he calling?

If you don't think there were requests then well, um, ha!
I can’t help you at all with your massive willful ignorance if you refuse to even read, you asshole.

The presiding officer need not be the House Speaker. Your ignorance is revealing.
And how did you make the leap from...
Irving did not float the idea by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif)
... to ...
Nancy's Policy prevented the Guard from protecting the Capitol. End of Discussion
1. The presiding officer is in the chair when the House is in session dumbo.

2. Sund and Trump BOTH requested the NG. The Capitol Police Board needed to call the DC mayor to have her request/activate the National Guard in time. Stenger did NOT request the National Guard because his direct supervisor, Nancy Pelosi, already told Stenger, "no National Guard". That was Nancy's Policy that Stenger enforced.

3. So there was no "leap", it was your tampering with the full paragraph.
Here is the next sentence that you omitted:
"Irving did not float the idea by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). Instead, he rejected then-U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund’s request to activate the National Guard based on what he believed would be Pelosi’s position on the matter"

So Irving knew what Nancy would say to the request.
He was confident enough of her position to nix the request without even asking Nancy.

I can’t help you at all with your massive willful ignorance if you refuse to even read, you asshole.

Come on man, just a little help, who was Pence calling and why wasn't the CIC calling them?

But if you're telling me that the CiC hasn't got the authority to call out the NG when a riot was declared and the Capitol building was under siege from a Mob, I don't believe you.

1. The presiding officer is in the chair when the House is in session dumbo.

Retard, YOU posted ... "Under the direction of the Speaker of the House or other presiding officer." Yes, the presiding officer is the person in the chair. That's what I said. I also pointed out that's not necessarily Pelosi since she's not always the presiding officer. YOUR OWN link proves the House Speaker is not responsible of Capitol security. The House Speaker is not even responsible for security in the House chamber. The responsibility for security in the House wing of the Capitol falls upon the House Sergeant-at-Arms, not the House Speaker. The role of the presiding officer is merely to direct the Sergeant-at-Arms to deal with security issues as they arise during a session in the House chamber.

2. Sund and Trump BOTH requested the NG. The Capitol Police Board needed to call the DC mayor to have her request/activate the National Guard in time. Stenger did NOT request the National Guard because his direct supervisor, Nancy Pelosi, already told Stenger, "no National Guard". That was Nancy's Policy that Stenger enforced.

Holy shit. :eusa_doh:

For the third time -- Stenger did not report to Pelosi. So who knows why you keep repeating that Pelosi told Stenger, "no National Guard." :eusa_doh:

3. So there was no "leap", it was your tampering with the full paragraph.
Here is the next sentence that you omitted:
"Irving did not float the idea by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.). Instead, he rejected then-U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund’s request to activate the National Guard based on what he believed would be Pelosi’s position on the matter"

So Irving knew what Nancy would say to the request.
He was confident enough of her position to nix the request without even asking Nancy.

You started this stupid argument of yours by falsely claiming Pelosi said, "no National Guard," which you utterly failed to prove.

But now you've changed your argument to Irving rejected having National Guard because he thought that's what Pelosi would have wanted.

Game, set, match.

tenor.gif

Retard, YOU posted ... "Under the direction of the Speaker of the House or other presiding officer." Yes, the presiding officer is the person in the chair. That's what I said. I also pointed out that's not necessarily Pelosi since she's not always the presiding officer. YOUR OWN link proves the House Speaker is not responsible of Capitol security. The House Speaker is not even responsible for security in the House chamber. The responsibility for security in the House wing of the Capitol falls upon the House Sergeant-at-Arms, not the House Speaker. The role of the presiding officer is merely to direct the Sergeant-at-Arms to deal with security issues as they arise during a session in the House chamber.

For the third time -- Stenger did not report to Pelosi. So who knows why you keep repeating that Pelosi told Stenger, "no National Guard." :eusa_doh:
You started this stupid argument of yours by falsely claiming Pelosi said, "no National Guard," which you utterly failed to prove.
But now you've changed your argument to Irving rejected having National Guard because he thought that's what Pelosi would have wanted.
Game, set, match.
You type bullshit.
I proved with links that Stenger made the "No NG" call based on his direction from Nancy Pelosi.
Instead, he (Stenger) rejected then-U.S. Capitol Police Chief Steven Sund’s request to activate the National Guard based on what he believed would be Pelosi’s position on the matter"
I agree game, set, match. Post #259 ended the discussion.

Come on man, just a little help, who was Pence calling and why wasn't the CIC calling them?
Irrelevant.
But if you're telling me that the CiC hasn't got the authority to call out the NG when a riot was declared and the Capitol building was under siege from a Mob, I don't believe you.

I couldn’t care less what a moron like you believes or doesn’t believe.

Forum List

Back