Trump Issues Formal Order To Bolton To Not Publish Book

"threat"

"sources familiar with the matter tell CNN"

LOL

INO, more bullshit we come up with today.

Well...let's see...
White House tells Bolton his manuscript has classified material, cannot be published

"The White House has informed former national security adviser John Bolton that his book manuscript appeared to contain "significant amounts of classified information" and could not be published in its current form."
So....What the heck does he have in that leather bag? Bones?
BBZrOES.img
Never forget that underneath the it all...lies the soul of a mathematician.

White House issues formal threat to Bolton to keep him from publishing book

"The White House has issued a formal threat to former national security adviser John Bolton to keep him from publishing his book, “The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir,” sources familiar with the matter tell CNN. The letter comes in the midst of President Donald Trump attacking Bolton on Twitter, and Bolton’s lawyer accusing the White House of corrupting the vetting process for Bolton’s book by sharing the contents of the book with those outside the National Security Council’s Records Management Division."

Trump once again owns that long time Democrat operative John Bolton....

Totally awesome!!

I doubt Trump believes this threat will stop the book from being published...he tried this with other books, so its just something he normally does...to show the public how much he doesn't even care about these books...because the best way to show that you don't care about some goofy book being published is to give it more publicity by threatening to block a book from being published...

Obviously, the book will be published eventually... but at least he can do all he can to slow up the process --at least until AFTER the election...and that will be a win for Trump and America overall...and a loss for the evil Dems and Satan....

See: http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2020/images/01/29/attachment.1.pdf

The book has already been sent to NSC for review of classified matter.

It appears I was wrong, Bolton himself may have LEAKED from his unpublished manuscript, NOT the NYT as I stated earlier in the thread, unpublished book is currently under review:

The Last Refuge

John Bolton Denied Publication Approval by White House Three Days Before Selected Manuscript Leak…

Posted on January 29, 2020 by sundance

Excerpt:

Three days before the New York Times received a selectively leaked copy of a book manuscript written by John Bolton, Mr. Bolton’s lawyers were informed by the White House the manuscript could not be published. [Source: John Roberts]

LINK

===

There is a legal letter in the link worth reading, it is short and simple to understand. Bolton could be heading into serious legal trouble since the manuscript was under review, and not yet approved for publication.

It might have been a retaliatory move on Bolton's part?

=====

EDITED, to add this massive CONTRADICTION between two letters over the Manuscript, here I post the links to the letters:

EPd9BizW4AINtp7.jpg

and,

EPd9BxFXUAIhbox.jpg

===
It looks like Bolton is in deep trouble, his probable leak of his Manuscript may have violated Federal Law.

Last edited:

"The White House has issued a formal threat to former national security adviser John Bolton to keep him from publishing his book, “The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir,” sources familiar with the matter tell CNN. The letter comes in the midst of President Donald Trump attacking Bolton on Twitter, and Bolton’s lawyer accusing the White House of corrupting the vetting process for Bolton’s book by sharing the contents of the book with those outside the National Security Council’s Records Management Division."

Totally awesome!!

I doubt Trump believes this threat will stop the book from being published...he tried this with other books, so its just something he normally does...to show the public how much he doesn't even care about these books...because the best way to show that you don't care about some goofy book being published is to give it more publicity by threatening to block a book from being published...

Obviously, the book will be published eventually... but at least he can do all he can to slow up the process --at least until AFTER the election...and that will be a win for Trump and America overall...and a loss for the evil Dems and Satan....

See: http://cdn.cnn.com/cnn/2020/images/01/29/attachment.1.pdf

The book has already been sent to NSC for review of classified matter.

Yes,
That's in the o.p.

"threat"

LOL

Well...let's see...
White House tells Bolton his manuscript has classified material, cannot be published

"The White House has informed former national security adviser John Bolton that his book manuscript appeared to contain "significant amounts of classified information" and could not be published in its current form."
BBZrOES.img
Never forget that underneath the it all...lies the soul of a mathematician.
Mathematicians have souls? Who knew?

"threat"

LOL

Well...let's see...

BBZrOES.img

Nadler's lunch?

Not a Bolton fan since he helped crank up the Iraqi invasion on bullsh*t reasoning. Surprised he was hired by Trump. General John Kelly is no fan of Bolton, but he says he believes Bolton over Trump. I lean toward taking Kelly's lead, reinforced by fact, Trump constantly lies for various reason or no reason at all. Doubt if he testifies, but I will buy the book.

I laugh at taking Kelly's word on anything swamp related.
Trump took Kelly's word....then reversed it and hired Bolton...

Who was right?? Kelly or Trump??

It was a colossal mistake on Trumps part because Bolton is a raging drooling, snorting war hawk, which was not even close to what Trumps wanted in his foreign policy directive
I agree except for the part about Trump's foreign policy directive....Trump doesn't have one...

By the way, Bolton was the one who wanted Trump to take out Soleimani a long time ago....maybe he and Trump aren't that different after all

I did write:

....Bolton is a raging drooling, snorting war hawk...

You really that unaware about their serious policy disagreements?

Ousted National Security Adviser Bolton Slams Trump's Approach To North Korea

===

Bolton unloads on Trump’s foreign policy behind closed doors

===

Donald Trump fires national security adviser John Bolton, citing 'disagreements'

It was all over the Media, yet you missed them all?

gargle......
Well aware. "Suspect he did it to piss off Democrats, and surprised he allowed him to stay as long as he did." Doubt Trump listened (thank goodness) often or well. Don't actually think trump listens to anbody.

It appears I was wrong, Bolton himself may have LEAKED from his unpublished manuscript, NOT the NYT as I stated earlier in the thread, unpublished book is currently under review:

The Last Refuge

John Bolton Denied Publication Approval by White House Three Days Before Selected Manuscript Leak…

Posted on January 29, 2020 by sundance

Excerpt:

Three days before the New York Times received a selectively leaked copy of a book manuscript written by John Bolton, Mr. Bolton’s lawyers were informed by the White House the manuscript could not be published. [Source: John Roberts]

LINK

===

There is a legal letter in the link worth reading, it is short and simple to understand. Bolton could be heading into serious legal trouble since the manuscript was under review, and not yet approved for publication.

It might have been a retaliatory move on Bolton's part?

Or it could be someone from NSC?

Wow Bolton is now a demo operative

Sounds more like Trump is afraid

Whatever happen to freedom of speech

Oh I get it if its favorable to trump then cool

but if it is unflattering to Trump then he is the enemy and he should not be believed

"John will say, 'I was the guardrail while Giuliani and Mulvaney were saying let Trump be Trump,'" the source said.

I can believe that

Bolton is more repub that Trump and it is laughable that he is a demo operative
Well I not a big fan of Bolton and never have been as he is to hawkish but I do want to hear what he has to say.

Freedom of speech, love it or hate it but don't deny it

You don't have "Freedom of speech" to spill Top Secrets when you sign a NDA! Are you an idiot?

That was a trump initiative that he either they sign or they won't be hired

Is it legal

I doubt that as they work for the government and the people. They do not work personally for Trump

government employees have free speech rights and whistleblower rights

federal employees are protected from retaliatory based on

Whistleblower Protection Act of 1989 (WPA) and the Whistleblower Protection Enhancement Act of 2012.

NDA in any court would be invalidated because of the above laws and is not enforceable but hey they can sign it if it makes him happy

why would you need an NDA if it is forbidden by law to release classified information

remember Snowden who I assume is still in Russia

Thus here is the problem if he fires the person then the NDA is not enforceable in court,they should be able to speak

his only shot is whether the information is classified

1983’s McGehee v. Casey, ex-employees have a First Amendment right to disclose non-classified information

its been established that he cannot deny people from speaking about non classified information even with an NDA

This is gripping stuff. Everyday he digs himself deeper in the hole. I cant believe one of the learned Senators would not want to ask some questions of Mr Bolton.

Why do you remain skeptical when you already know once it is clear that Trump is trying to block publishing of the book -- you will still won't care.....

I don't really care if Bolton publishes the book or not -- but for Trump to claim not to care -- he is not doing a very good job of showing it...

I care about first hand evidence and witnesses, Post 6 posted the LETTER that Post one didn't provide, it was dated to January 23, 2020 with credible and reasonable argument to prevent publishing the book for reasons stated in the Letter.

Here is the LETTER in full

You should realize Bolton's allegations are not going to help anyway since, it is unsupported, and that the TWO Presidents of Ukraine stated they were never pressured, public statements which YOU and many others here in the forum repeatedly IGNORE!

Ha ha ha ha ha......
How dare they want to keep Top Secret information secret! Damn NAZI!
They had the manuscript for a month...did it take them that long to read it to Trump because of all of the big words??

And they decided that now because of the leak -- they have to issue this threat?

You know Trump never actually read any of this. He was told that the book was bad and has banned it- because it may embarass him.
Only a TDS afflicted moron would believe that ridiculous conspiracy theory.

Trump hasn't banned any book you feeble-minded easily brainwashed idiot.

Sure wish you would stop creating anymore of these things. There are too many trying to get away from Rump right now. Let's not replace them as they find ethics and morals.

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-29_15-42-12.jpeg
    upload_2020-1-29_15-42-12.jpeg
    31.5 KB · Views: 20

Totally awesome!!

If this is true, why haven't we seen the contents of the letter? This smells a lot like the NYT reporters writing an article about a book they have never seen.

In any case it shouldn't be necessary for the President to remind Bolton of his obligation as a member of the administration to keep confidential conversations confidential. Whether you liked Bolton and his ideas or not, most people considered him man of character, but no more. He will make millions from the book, but he will never recover his reputation.

Totally awesome!!

If this is true, why haven't we seen the contents of the letter? This smells a lot like the NYT reporters writing an article about a book they have never seen.

In any case it shouldn't be necessary for the President to remind Bolton of his obligation as a member of the administration to keep confidential conversations confidential. Whether you liked Bolton and his ideas or not, most people considered him man of character, but no more. He will make millions from the book, but he will never recover his reputation.

Instead of worrying about the one page, how about reading the book. You can buy it off of Amazon right now.

The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir Hardcover – March 17, 2020

Totally awesome!!

Instead of worrying about the one page, how about reading the book. You can buy it off of Amazon right now.

But you can't get it until March 17.

It is all about suppressing the truth. Bolton knows where all the skeletons are buried and how they got there.

WASHINGTON — The White House has issued a formal threat to former national security adviser John Bolton to keep him from publishing his book, “The Room Where It Happened: A White House Memoir,” sources familiar with the matter tell CNN.

He he, yet no actual evidence that such a threat actually occurred.

Until the letter is produced, or some other definitive evidence is forthcoming, I remain skeptical since the Bolton claims were never a "bombshell', certainly not a impeachable offense anyway, since ALL the aid was already sent by September 15 of last year, without any actual Quid Pro-quo activity as PUBLICLY stated by Two Ukrainian Presidents, who clearly stated they were NOT pressured by Trump.

LINK

It is at best His word against Trumps word, not good enough in a trial, and from a proven hostile "witness" since he was fired/resigned over serious policy disagreements with that same man he is accusing.
Why do you remain skeptical when you already know once it is clear that Trump is trying to block publishing of the book -- you will still won't care.....

I don't really care if Bolton publishes the book or not -- but for Trump to claim not to care -- he is not doing a very good job of showing it...
Howso?
Because Trumpers have already done exactly what I said - on this very post......

Totally awesome!!

But you can't get it until March 17.

You'd complain if we hung you with a used rope.:itsok:

If it contains classified material it won't be published. Bolton should know better than that.

Forum List

Back